• The Jerk (1979)

6 26.09%
  • Raising Arizona (1987)

4 17.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 3 - Group C

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 3 - Group C

For the Round 3 polls, please vote for up to two titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top two titles will be moving on to the Octofinals.

Spaceballs (1987)

Watch Trailer

Back to the Future (1985)

Watch Trailer

The Princess Bride (1987)

Watch Trailer

The Jerk (1979)

Watch Trailer

Raising Arizona (1987)

Watch Trailer

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a hard choice as I think they are all equal.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, these are getting harder now that we're in the third round. I'm going with Spaceballs and Raising Arizona.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I want The Princess Bride to take it all

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Only two here as well... Princess and Back to the Future. I am really surprised how much of that over the top silly comedy is making it through...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Honestly, I want The Princess Bride to take it all
    You and that damn movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spaceballs

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm having a hard time with this one. If this was a Greatest Movie of All Time tournament, I'd immediately go for Back to the Future and The Princess Bride. But, I don't really put them into Great Comedy category. Spaceballs is one of those movies I watch when I want to laugh. BTTF and Princess Bride are just all around great movies. I've really got to think on this one.

This is kind of a big deal.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I lost the beeps.
    I lost the sweeps.
    And I lost the creeps.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not gonna live this way, Hi! It just ain't a family life!
    Well, it ain't "Ozzie & Harriet."

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I lost the beeps.
    I lost the sweeps.
    And I lost the creeps.
    That's not all he lost.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I lost the beeps.
    I lost the sweeps.
    And I lost the creeps.
    That's not all he lost.
    The signal, sir! It appears to be... JAMMED.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spaceballs is probably top 5 for me all time. So that was an easy choice. I debated between The Princess Bride and BTTF though. Went with BTTF.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

I lost the beeps.
    I lost the sweeps.
    And I lost the creeps.
    That's not all he lost.
    The signal, sir! It appears to be... JAMMED.

Raspberry. There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry... Lone Star!

*crash*

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The one where Michael J Fox is trying to get banged by his mom, which would suck since Lea Thompson was very attractive back in '85.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

And that is how you sum up Back to the Future?!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, this is a comedy.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spaceballs is probably top 5 for me all time.
    Yeah, but aren't you the guy who has all time seen, like, 20 movies total?

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Spaceballs is probably top 5 for me all time.
    Yeah, but aren't you the guy who has all time seen, like, 20 movies total?
    Umm... no?

In this tourney alone I've seen over half the nominations although there are a handful that I don't remember all that well.

There were 40 or so that I'd never heard of but they've all been eliminated already. The majority went out in the first round. So either I'm not alone among the people voting in never having seen them or they weren't that good.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The one where Michael J Fox is trying to get banged by his mom, which would suck since Lea Thompson was very attractive back in '85.
    Actually, Lea Thompson is still pretty attractive.

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm having a hard time with this one. If this was a Greatest Movie of All Time tournament, I'd immediately go for Back to the Future and The Princess Bride. But, I don't really put them into Great Comedy category. Spaceballs is one of those movies I watch when I want to laugh. BTTF and Princess Bride are just all around great movies. I've really got to think on this one.

This is kind of a big deal.
    I think PB is one of the funniest movies of all time. I would definitely say it belongs - anybody want a peanut? Classic!

Country
    Country Flag

This is closing in two days, so get your votes in! Back to the Future and The Princess Bride are tied for second, and we could use more votes for Raising Arizona, to be honest.

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting to see two sci-fi movies in the lead.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following two titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Spaceballs (1987) 52.17%
    2. Back to the Future (1985) 43.48%

And the following three titles have been eliminated:
    1. The Princess Bride (1987) 34.78%
    2. The Jerk (1979) 26.09%
    3. Raising Arizona (1987) 17.39%

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Interesting to see two sci-fi movies in the lead.
    Interesting that you would note that, since I remember a lengthy debate about whether or not BTTF was a Sci-fi or not in the sci-fi movie competition. Seems like it was deemed not a sci-fi movie in that debate, now in the comedy competition, it seems its not a comedy. I guess it is just a movie. Maybe we should have put it in the horror genre.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast