Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Toronto Blue Jays Thread

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Like it or not, beaning a player is part of the game.
    Times change, sports change. "Beaning players" is the same as checking from behind in hockey. It's dirty, it's dangerous, and it will ruin athletic careers. There's a reason the NFL and the NHL are changing the way their game is policed to try and combat this. The same is true for baseball, just because it's the way it used to be done doesn't mean it's good for the sport, safe, or smart. In fact I would argue it's the opposite on all fronts. It dirties the image of the sport, it's dangerous as hell, and it's a stupid form of retribution that's detrimental to the guy on the mound (when he receives a suspension) the batter in the box (when he gets injured) and the managers/old baseball guard who're endangering their players.

Sure it makes for interesting sports articles, but I don't think it that it 'teaches anyone a lesson'.

Nor should it be taken laying down, people ought to be outraged and get mad as hell when dangerous stupid shit like that is done, Bautista included.
    I agree, but until further notice, it's part of the game and it will remain part of the game for a while longer I think.

If you outlaw it, where does it end? Can you no longer throw up and in to move a player off the plate? What if a ball just gets away from a guy and he hits a player? Do you kick him out of baseball or suspend him for a certain amount of games?

It's a tricky area.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh no doubt it's a tough thing to change. I'm 100% with you. I don't have a solution, but I think the players can typically tell when a pitch just gets away from a pitcher vs the intentional bean ball. If they can tell? Then some governing body should be able to tell the difference and react accordingly. At least I would hope that's the case, but perhaps I'm just daydreaming.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Swept! a sloppy end to an otherwise pretty game. Beautiful pitching by Hutch

Country
    Country Flag

*ahem* Lets reset shall we? Time for a new series, hopefully Bautista is back soon and Castro can perfect his fastball pitch placement.

Country
    Country Flag

Been a while since we've had any discussion here. After a very mediocre May, June is coming along swimmingly. After last night's win we're on a six game hot streak and Chris Collabello is leading the MLB with an 18 game hitting streak that he can hopefully extend tonight. Let's hope Burhle is as phenomenal as his last outing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Proud to see the team beginning to take shape... they may be a force to be reckoned with later in the season!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Always nice to see him below us
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris Collabello, Earth called and it wants you to return to it.

Country
    Country Flag

Day off today, but here's hoping the bats remain as hot after the break. Eight wins in a row and the Yankees finally lost one, time to claw our way to the top. Only 3 games back!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Time for a new streak? I think so.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Happy Canada Day Bahstan

Country
    Country Flag

Doubly so after the last 2 games. Yikes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My boy Jeff Hoffman just got called up to Double-A. He's way ahead of schedule right now following Tommy John surgery.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp...vkey=news_milb

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's great news. We're going to be relying on Hoffman and Stroman to bolster our rotation next season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That's great news. We're going to be relying on Hoffman and Stroman to bolster our rotation next season.
    Well, not exactly.

I'm not sure you guys needed more offense, but it's hard to argue with this trade.

Ironically, I have Tulo, Castro and Hoffman on my fantasy team. LOL.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

WOOOO This is what Toronto did to the MLB Non-waiver Trade Deadline

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is true, but we know that means nothing unless they make the Playoffs. This is actually going to put more pressure on them.

Honestly, I don't know how the Jays were able to trade for both Tulo and Price and not give up Dalton Pompey. That seems kind of ridiculous to me. If I were the Tigers and Rockies Pompey's name would have been one of the first names I asked for. Bad job by them. I know he didn't look great earlier in the season, but my bet is that he figures it out.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    WOOOO This is what Toronto did to the MLB Non-waiver Trade Deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This is true, but we know that means nothing unless they make the Playoffs. This is actually going to put more pressure on them.

Honestly, I don't know how the Jays were able to trade for both Tulo and Price and not give up Dalton Pompey. That seems kind of ridiculous to me. If I were the Tigers and Rockies Pompey's name would have been one of the first names I asked for. Bad job by them. I know he didn't look great earlier in the season, but my bet is that he figures it out.

Uh Oh!!!!!!!

I do hear that the Yanks may still be after, Kimbrel.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How bout dem Jays? I love Bill.. but man they made the Yankees look bad!! 1 run allowed in 28 innings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They caught the Yanks in a slump. That's more on the Yankees offense than it is on the Jays pitching.

Honestly, besides that one game (where most of the runs came via a grand slam) the Jays didn't exactly set the world on fire with their bats. Hopefully the Yankees bats can wake up soon.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to the game tonight. If we win, we're the first time to win have two ten game winning streaks in the same season since the 70's. May also be there in person to see us take sole possession of 1st in the East. Haven't seen Dickey pitch yet, so I'm looking forward to it. Me and my friend are getting there early so we can chill out on Ted's Porch.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been to a bunch of games this year, first year where I've seen multiple games because the team is so damn exciting. I work as the SM of Lids at the Toronto Eaton Centre so its also doing wonders for my sales targets.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow the Jays are breaking records and still lots to break. Sorry bill... But your team is done this year!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Been to a bunch of games this year, first year where I've seen multiple games because the team is so damn exciting. I work as the SM of Lids at the Toronto Eaton Centre so its also doing wonders for my sales targets.
    I'm planning on catching another game at the end of September. 200 level all the way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast