Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Haven Auction #48-The Stand Uncut- Coffin Case W/4 Original Art Pieces!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2015 Haven Auction #48-The Stand Uncut- Coffin Case W/4 Original Art Pieces!

AUCTION LINK

TheDarkTower.org is proud to be the EXCLUSIVE site to auction this new, unique and fine Collectible item. For your consideration is a Custom built case and a custom bound "The Stand". The case was created by Dick Olson from
    Book Slipcase.com. The book is a custom bound 1st. edition, 1st. printing of "The Stand Uncut" by Stephen King.

This features a 2 full pages of signed original art drawn by Glenn Chadbourne in the book! One piece is placed inside the lid of the box and the other piece was tipped into the book by the binder. Alex Mcvey did a double page piece at the beginning of the book, and a single page piece at the end of the book.

Please check the pictures carefully. There is a binding artifact on the back piece. The back piece is also very lightly penciled in.

Thanks to dt.org member Merlin 1958 for donating the book, and special thanks to Glenn Chadbourne and Alex Mcvey for doing the original art pieces!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That... is... just... simply.... AWESOME!!!!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

:0

!!!

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is one of the more special items the "Haven Fund Team" has produced!!! Thanks to everyone involved, but especially to "Jerome & his secret elven binders"!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

High bid near 5 bills already... This will go for a lot. Imagine if it was signed!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I did my part I threw my $1000 at it... I'm out... for now

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post

Holy Crap!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Holy Crap!!!
    I've been waiting for this one since I saw it appear in the forums. Figured go big or go home. At least now the Haven is guaranteed a good income on this one

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Holy Crap!!!
    I've been waiting for this one since I saw it appear in the forums. Figured go big or go home. At least now the Haven is guaranteed a good income on this one
    Can't argue with that logic. You would sure be bringing home a "one of a kind" item!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks great. Good job, guys.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! It's great to see that the bidding has already breached the $1,000 mark. That is absolutely AWESOME bidding folks!!!

I was getting very disappointed that many recent items were sold at a loss, but this has made my day!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its hard to outspend the big dogs...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just stunning!

I've shared this auction on some King groups on Facebook. Hope that's ok. Just wanted as many people as possible to see this book even if they don't bid.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im currently in the lead
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a hell of a cool item. Good luck to any of the posters bidding!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, I thought you folks might enjoy a little history on how this item came to be. It was originally purchased by me for last years' HF to be sent to Mr. McVey to add art. Mr. McVey had some personal issues and it never made it back to auction for the 2014 HF. Mr. McVey, being the trooper he is and with a little added incentive, completed the art at the end quarter of last year and forwarded the book to, Jerome for this year. Jerome, inspired by his binding efforts on the "'Salem's Lot" editions suggested we try to do the same with this piece. We put our head's together and with, RF's awesome "Elven Binders", sent the book off to be rebound. Prior to that, we had discussed utilizing the "The Stand S/L" motif and asking, Dolso to create a similar "Coffin Box". With that in mind we approached, Glenn Chadbourne to do some art (s) for the piece. Now it was mostly, Jerome who came up with what I consider to be the primary art piece the "Stovington Graffiti". We were able to send that along and it got "tipped in". Once the rebinding was complete, Dolso performed his magic and there you have it. Between, Jerome's connections/ideas, Chadbourne, McVey and Dolso, I think we have managed to produce one of the single most unique auction items to date. A true "One of One" that may never be reproduced without the good will & generosity added by the participants & the Fundraiser on the part of all concerned.

Jerome, did I miss anything?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the back story Bill. Always nice to hear the history of how these types of unique productions come to be.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Thanks for the back story Bill. Always need car to hear the history of how these types of unique productions come to be.
    You're very welcome. Sometimes "Ka" just falls into place and all the right things click. I think, Alex did a little more with it than originally intended because he felt he let us down (which he really didn't) and, Glenn did two "spec" pieces we described in fairly good detail and even had to do a little research (which, Jerome assisted with.). Dick, was also "spot on" and can do these type cases anytime commissioned.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

This will fetch $2k + I bet.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    That's a bet I really hope you win! LOL!

It would be great for the Haven Foundation, if this book manages to raise that amount of funds.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

It would be great for the Haven Foundation, if this book manages to raise that amount of funds.
    I had to tap out...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Traveler boski will become famous soon enough

nice book

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

I had to tap out...
    Well looks like we are both out. Hope someone here manages to get this one!

Clown on the Bus Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano has a spectacular aura about Dano's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking good!!!

Dan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast