Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finders Keepers - collecting thread

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Finders Keepers - collecting thread

I didnt see any other thread regarding Finders Keepers in this forum (feel free if there is one that I didnt notice).

From Lilja's :

Finders Keepers Broadside - Collectors Item

Found this in the ”2015 Independent Bookstore Day Catalog”. Apparently there are only 1,500 of them out there and they will be used for the Independent Bookstore Day on May 2nd. So, go hunting all you collectors! And if anyone should get an extra copy please let me know as I would love to get my hands on one...

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I ordered a couple.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Ordering link?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the heads up !

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Would someone in the USA be kind enough to get me one and ship to the UK? The order page only allows United States as a country selection. I'll reimburse via Paypal gift.

Many thanks!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

With only 1500 being released. How do the book stores know how many they are getting?
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Would someone in the USA be kind enough to get me one and ship to the UK? The order page only allows United States as a country selection. I'll reimburse via Paypal gift.

Many thanks!
    I would for sure Alan, but I only ordered 1, and I actually went to the site I ordered it from this morning to order another one, and you can no longer order it online. There's now a message up which you can see here.

Not even sure if those who were able to order this morning online will get the order, but I suppose since they took the order, they have to honor it.

I'm sure one of the other members here who bought more than 1 will help you out.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No announcements of it coming to book people in Austin but I will check on that day anyway.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post

Many thanks!
    I would for sure Alan, but I only ordered 1, and I actually went to the site I ordered it from this morning to order another one, and you can no longer order it online. There's now a message up which you can see here.

Not even sure if those who were able to order this morning online will get the order, but I suppose since they took the order, they have to honor it.

I'm sure one of the other members here who bought more than 1 will help you out.
    Predicted.
    Now it's fucked up for everyone.
    I usually don't want to be selfish, but this is a classic case of multiple people/members fucking it up for everyone.Instead of 5-20 copies being sold online quietly, now zero copies will be sold.
    I have little doubt that in addition to web orders, people swamped the bookstore with calls.
    Congratulations folks.

<-------------Sigh....take deep breath.

If there are 1,500, then other places will have them for sale.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The next thing people will do is make the store(s) so paranoid that it will be a 1 per person limit for those who show up, and there will be lines and bracelets etc.

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

please remember about me I would love to get one...
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome..you nailed it....I ordered 6 (confirmed) from the SF outfit and now they have blockaded internet orders...I have 0% hope they will honor my order.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

This is the official word from BookShop West Portal...

Attention!!
    The Stephen King Finder's Keeper's Broadside And Other Independent Bookstore Day Items Will Be Availabe For In-Store Purchase Only!
    They Will Be On Sale For 1 Day Only! That day is May 2nd, California Bookstore Day! First Come, First Serve! No Holds! No Pre-Orders! No Web Orders! No Shipping!!
    We Open At 10 AM!

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    With only 1500 being released. How do the book stores know how many they are getting?
    They had to pre-order by Feb 1st 2015. So they should have an idea of what they requested.. The catalog they order from states No ONLINE Sales and only available after May 2nd.
    SF store apparently overlooked that........ and when the word spread....... they got swamped with orders.

The idea of this promotion is to bring people into Independent Bookstores and help promote them.
    It makes good business sense however can be tough on collectors.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    They had to pre-order by Feb 1st 2015. So they should have an idea of what they requested.. The catalog they order from states No ONLINE Sales and only available after May 2nd.
    SF store apparently overlooked that........ and when the word spread....... they got swamped with orders.

The idea of this promotion is to bring people into Independent Bookstores and help promote them.
    It makes good business sense however can be tough on collectors.
    AH! Guess I will be checking out my local store on May 2nd.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got this email...shit out of luck people:

Hi David, Sorry the rules weren't clearly posted before but these products are for the California Independent Bookstore Day promotion and are not available except through in-store purchase on the day of the event. This is not our rule, this is the ground rules for the promotion as set out by the organization. We don't even receive the products until a day or two before the event and have very limited quantities. We literally had hundreds of orders come in yesterday that we will not be fulfilling. We apologize for any inconvenience

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huh, I ordered 5 or 6 for different folks on the forum from the, Montana store. I guess I'll be receiving an email in the near future. To those folks, Sorry, I tried!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Just got this email...shit out of luck people:

Hi David, Sorry the rules weren't clearly posted before but these products are for the California Independent Bookstore Day promotion and are not available except through in-store purchase on the day of the event. This is not our rule, this is the ground rules for the promotion as set out by the organization. We don't even receive the products until a day or two before the event and have very limited quantities. We literally had hundreds of orders come in yesterday that we will not be fulfilling. We apologize for any inconvenience
    Was this from the Montana store?
    He mentioned, California
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

No bill. He mentioned what the products were for, not where he ordered them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not to beat a dead horse but "California Independent Bookstore Day promotion", would not seem to pertain to "Montana". My understanding is that this is a national event with individual state implications. Of course, I may be off base and if so, I apologize.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Not to beat a dead horse but "California Independent Bookstore Day promotion", would not seem to pertain to "Montana". My understanding is that this is a national event with individual state implications. Of course, I may be off base and if so, I apologize.
    No worries. It's called one of two things. California bookstore day OR indie bookstore day. They are interchangeable. At least that's my understanding.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Unfortunately the independent bookstore near me did not order any of the broadsheets.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

No worries. It's called one of two things. California bookstore day OR indie bookstore day. They are interchangeable. At least that's my understanding.
    Doesn't one preclude the other? I guess we'll soon find out. I meant no offense, though I was my usual "smart ass" self.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast