7 28.00%
  • Mr. Mercedes

4 16.00%
  • Revival

10 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which unadapted SK novels would you like to see on the big screen?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Speaking of re-dos, a well done Shining movie (kept true to the book) would be amazing.
    Also, I still need to read The Long Walk.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

can't we all just have a creative discussion without a shyt-slinging contest?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Speaking of re-dos, a well done Shining movie (kept true to the book) would be amazing.
    Why remake the Shining? Kubrick's version is a masterpiece.

So it is not exactly like the book. Who cares, it is an adaptation.

I do think they should make the sequel Doctor Sleep into a film and it will probably happen.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very sad to see that, 'Black House" was not included. Big mistake IMHO

Spoiler:
    Also, and just FYI that I have heard on the net, I believe the rights have already been sold to production firms for "The Talisman" & Mr. Mercede's", and also "Duma Key" if I recall(?)
    I doubt Black House would get made before the Talisman, as it is a sequel. The beancounters want a franchise.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

So it is not exactly like the book. Who cares it is an adaptation.
    It's not that I think Kubrick's is bad- not at all. But it is "Kubrick's" adaptation. I'd just like to see the story on the big screen as told in the book.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Do it!

I still need to read The Long Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Do it!

I will I will! I know everyone around here loves it, so...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Do it!

What are you waiting for?!

And have you seen the miniseries of The Shining? It's much better at following the book, however I think it fails in every other way. I hated the casting for both Jack and Danny, which isn't good considering the story revolves around the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do it!

What are you waiting for?!

And have you seen the miniseries of The Shining? It's much better at following the book, however I think it fails in every other way. I hated the casting for both Jack and Danny, which isn't good considering the story revolves around the two of them.
    I had heard that it followed the book. To be honest, from the looks of it, I just assumed it would be kinda cheap or corny. I hate to admit it, but when I hear "miniseries", my expectations immediately lower themselves.

As far as The Long Walk, I don't know what I'm waiting for!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Good, that ends the discussion then. Guess you'll be starting it tonight

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

P.S.: Loving your Song of the Sea avatar, Heather!

I think I will start it when I finish what I'm currently reading.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know a lot of people won't like it, but I would love for a Long Walk adaptation to dive deeper into the society and what it's like. How did the Walk come into existence and why? I was always so curious when reading that story.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know a lot of people won't like it, but I would love for a Long Walk adaptation to dive deeper into the society and what it's like. How did the Walk come into existence and why? I was always so curious when reading that story.
    I think that could actually work. Start the movie with the kid being dropped off at the start of the race just like the book but keep showing flashbacks that tell the background story as the walk continues on.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't trust her Heather she always says that.

Woah woah woah. That applies when I'm talking about starting a new tv show. I don't procrastinate as bad when it comes to books.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't understand all the love for The Long Walk. I think it might be my least favorite Bachman book.

It was a precursor to the Hunger Games. The Capitol was still developing them, so they need an interim way to punish society. Duh. Come on, Mike. Use your brain.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Smells like Divergent.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post

So it is not exactly like the book. Who cares it is an adaptation.
    It's not that I think Kubrick's is bad- not at all. But it is "Kubrick's" adaptation. I'd just like to see the story on the big screen as told in the book.
    Big Screen > Book. Book had so much explanation at the end I got a little bored. I hate ghost stories that feel the need to explain exactly how the ghosts are there, and who they were and why they're there. Kubrick's version is wayyyyy better. Axe over croquet mallet any day.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Excellent!

Oh no, not me. I might be in the minority but I don't think we need an explanation. You can just use your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Don't trust her Heather she always says that.
    Hmmm, I'm still waiting for you to start a certain book...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I don't understand all the love for The Long Walk. I think it might be my least favorite Bachman book.
    Oh no Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    P.S.: Loving your Song of the Sea avatar, Heather!
    Thanks Pablo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3