Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardcover Edition of Joyland Announced

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

Default Hardcover Edition of Joyland Announced

http://www.liljas-library.com/articl...d=4441&ref=rss

No mention of a S/L Edition

Details from the article on Lilja's Library:

Hardcover Edition from Hard Case Crime to Feature Never-Before-Seen Art by Glen Orbik, Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella.

The new edition will feature a brand new cover painting by popular Hard Case Crime artist Glen Orbik, whose other covers for the series include books by Gore Vidal and Michael Crichton; a map of the Joyland amusement park illustrated in the classic ‘mapback’ style by Susan Hunt Yule; and more than twenty interior illustrations by acclaimed artists Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella.

Copied from Lilja's Library: http://liljas-library.com/
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?
    The absence of water? The absence of anything else we're addicted to.

- Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the link! I like it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim will become famous soon enough Papaseraphim's Avatar

New cover looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Thanks for the link! I like it.
    The absence of a thing, this can be as deadly as the presence. The absence of air, eh?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

I hope they do a portfolio all of those artists are excellent.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This may be the one I posted about here back in January. You can pre-order from Amazon.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    Since Hard Case Crime is a collaborator with Winterfall LLC and Titan Publishing Group, they have already released it as a limited.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great! I may have missed on the limited edition, but I'll be snatching this one up.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to sound like a prude here but (even though it's tasteful all things considered) I'm a little tired at there being yet another near-naked woman on the cover. At least the original paperback had something to do with the story. I mean I get what they're going for but...
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From the 4 illustrations on Liljas website, I feel like not all of them are brand new.
    I already had this one :

And I remember this one too

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

As a fan of both King (and this particular novel more than some) AND Hard Case Crime, love the new cover:

The description says "more than twenty interior illustrations by acclaimed artists Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella."

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they're new.

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    From the 4 illustrations on Liljas website, I feel like not all of them are brand new.
    I already had this one :

And I remember this one too

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I don't want to sound like a prude here but (even though it's tasteful all things considered) I'm a little tired at there being yet another near-naked woman on the cover. At least the original paperback had something to do with the story. I mean I get what they're going for but...
    I don't think you do. These are HARD CASE CRIME books based on reprints of the Great Mystery Pulp novels from the 50s & 60s along with some new stories in the same vain....SO THE COVER IS RIGHT ON.

BY THE WAY.....
    Spoiler:
    "NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER"
    1972 When Gothic Romance's were HOT

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm well aware what their style is and what they're emulating but there are other alternatives they've done as well without a barely dressed woman with little to no connection with the plot.

For example:

Just off the top of my head a cover depicting the murder of Linda Gray would reflect the story and still have that sensationalistic vibe they're going for.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Papaseraphim View Post
    The description says "more than twenty interior illustrations by acclaimed artists Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella."
    I guess we'll have to wait and see if they're new.
    I was mislead by the first sentence : "Hardcover Edition from Hard Case Crime to Feature Never-Before-Seen Art by Glen Orbik, Robert McGinnis, Mark Summers and Pat Kinsella."
    Some may be new, but I dont think all of it is...
    Wait and see I guess...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

It does not state ALL new never seen art.... Just FEATURES never seen art.

Country
    Country Flag

True. Thanks for the correction

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm well aware what their style is and what they're emulating but there are other alternatives they've done as well without a barely dressed woman with little to no connection with the plot.

For example:

Just off the top of my head a cover depicting the murder of Linda Gray would reflect the story and still have that sensationalistic vibe they're going for.
    I prefer Joyland 's cover to either of those.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Is this for preorder yet?

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yes, has been for months from Amazon

Thats a UK link, but you should be able to find it on Amazon.com
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Since it's available on Amazon I imagine it will be available in brick & mortar book stores too, anyone know for sure? I generally prefer to get my copies of HCs that way instead of online, that way I can inspect each book for the best condition.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I posted about this book in January. Pre-ordered it back then too. I believe it's this one.

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Yes, has been for months from Amazon

Thats a UK link, but you should be able to find it on Amazon.com

??????????
    Spoiler:
    HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO MILK THIS CASH COW? LOL

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    ??????????
    Spoiler:
    HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO MILK THIS CASH COW?
    Until it ultimately returns to giving "Just Milk"? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Not surprised.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast