• Wayne's World 2 (1993)

11 39.29%
  • Kingpin (1996)

13 46.43%
  • Spaceballs (1987)

23 82.14%
  • Clerks (1994)

14 50.00%
  • Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (1985)

9 32.14%
  • Wedding Crashers (2005)

8 28.57%
  • Tommy Boy (1995)

10 35.71%
  • Hot Fuzz (2007)

11 39.29%
  • Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)

11 39.29%
  • Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

14 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group R

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Interesting that only 3 people that voted didn't pick Spaceballs.
    Must be the ingenious writing.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

When will then be now?

SOON!

[/QUOTE]
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm just not much of a Spaceballs fan. It's just never really done it for me.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Damn, Canadians!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you were a kid in the 80's I think it would be your thing. It's one of those movies you had to grow up with I think. I've turned a lot of people onto it later in life and they're all like "eh" about it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Too bad seeing Fast Times at Ridgemont High trailing in seventh. Maybe a few more votes will come its way.

Well if boobies don't do it, maybe this classic scene will:

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

While I do love Fast Times at Ridgemont High, there were too many other favorites in this thread that took my vote.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    If you were a kid in the 80's I think it would be your thing. It's one of those movies you had to grow up with I think. I've turned a lot of people onto it later in life and they're all like "eh" about it.
    I've noticed a lot of 80's movies can be hit or miss with someone who didn't grow up in the 80's. I remember a few years back when my sister was dating a guy much younger than her, she and I had to explain how the movie Teen Wolf was acceptable for its time. He really didn't comprehend it.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh man, I love Teen Wolf

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A four-way tie for the last two spots. Need some more votes here!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've noticed a lot of 80's movies can be hit or miss with someone who didn't grow up in the 80's. I remember a few years back when my sister was dating a guy much younger than her, she and I had to explain how the movie Teen Wolf was acceptable for its time. He really didn't comprehend it.
    Completely agree! I might be off on this, but films made in the 80's and 90's have such a distinct vibe to them. It's something that's very difficult to duplicate.

I'm not so much talking about the time and setting of the film as much as I'm talking about the film style and technique. I realize I'm probably not expressing this properly.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I have more nostalgia for films of the 70's, actually. Is that wrong?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the 70's have the most unique look to them, a certain graininess to the colour and general grittiness that only really existed in that period. I LOVE the way 70's films look. It was like for those few years when films lacked that glimmer and depicted things less manufactured and more authentic.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

With a few hours now to go, we are still tied here. More Fast Times votes required!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the 70's have the most unique look to them, a certain graininess to the colour and general grittiness that only really existed in that period. I LOVE the way 70's films look. It was like for those few years when films lacked that glimmer and depicted things less manufactured and more authentic.
    Yes! I couldn't have said that better myself.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following four titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Spaceballs (1987) 82.14%
    2. Beverly Hills Cop (1984) 50.00%
    3. Clerks (1994) 50.00%
    4. Kingpin (1996) 46.43%

The following three titles will face off in a tiebreaker for the last two spots:
    1. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982) 39.29%
    2. Hot Fuzz (2007) 39.29%
    3. Wayne's World 2 (1993) 39.29%

And the following three titles have been eliminated:
    1. Tommy Boy (1995) 35.71%
    2. Police Academy 2: Their First Assignment (1985) 32.14%
    3. Wedding Crashers (2005) 28.57%

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Oh man, I love Teen Wolf
    Me too! It's so great!

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Completely agree! I might be off on this, but films made in the 80's and 90's have such a distinct vibe to them. It's something that's very difficult to duplicate.

I'm not so much talking about the time and setting of the film as much as I'm talking about the film style and technique. I realize I'm probably not expressing this properly.
    I agree about them having a distinct vibe to them, especially 80's flicks. I just love 80's movies because of the certain "look" that they have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2