Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

2 7.14%
  • Horse Feathers (1932)

6 21.43%
  • Modern Times (1936)

8 28.57%
  • The Big Lebowski (1998)

16 57.14%
  • The Egg and I (1947)

3 10.71%
  • The Lady Eve (1941)

5 17.86%
  • Ted (2012)

13 46.43%
  • Zoolander (2001)

9 32.14%
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

8 28.57%
  • Dumb and Dumber (1994)

20 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group M

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is it just that people haven't seen The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer or they don't remember it? One fucking vote! If the trailer hasn't jogged your memory, here's a nice clip with Cary at the top of his game:

OK, I think I “get” this clip a little more than some of the others you've posted. I just think what’s considered humorous has changed quite a bit in the last 50 years or so and that’s why none of the older movies are doing well.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well that's true and obviously things are gonna change from the 1920s to the 1940s to the 1980s and today. You just have to account for that when watching a movie like The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer from 1947. When you're in that mindset, it's hilarious. Cary Grant is one of the funniest actors ever, I think.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The movies change over time but some of us still enjoy films from the 1930's and the 2010's. I grew up on the Marx Brothers yet I can still enjoy The Interview and This Is The End. Just watch the movies for what they are instead of constantly comparing them to modern cinema.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Another big favortite Cary Grant movie of mine from the same era is Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, which I also wanted to nominated, but didn't get to it:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    The movies change over time but some of us still enjoy films from the 1930's and the 2010's. I grew up on the Marx Brothers yet I can still enjoy The Interview and This Is The End. Just watch the movies for what they are instead of constantly comparing them to modern cinema.
    Agreed. Some bits just transcend time though...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Horse Feathers advances but Duck Soup gets eliminated, that will only show that these things come down mostly to the luck of the draw.

Country
    Country Flag

There is still Animal Crackers in the last wave of polls, coming on Monday.

Country
    Country Flag

This is closing tomorrow, so please get your votes in!

Horse Feathers and Fantastic Mr. Fox are tied for the last spot. Two great and very different films.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really hope Fantastic Mr. Fox moves on. I love that movie.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. Dumb and Dumber (1994) 71.43%
    2. The Big Lebowski (1998) 57.14%
    3. Ted (2012) 46.43%
    4. Zoolander (2001) 32.14%
    5. Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) 28.57%
    6. Modern Times (1936) 28.57%

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Horse Feathers (1932) 21.43%
    2. The Lady Eve (1941) 17.86%
    3. The Egg and I (1947) 10.71%
    4. The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947) 7.14%

+ Reply to Thread