Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

2 7.14%
  • Horse Feathers (1932)

6 21.43%
  • Modern Times (1936)

8 28.57%
  • The Big Lebowski (1998)

16 57.14%
  • The Egg and I (1947)

3 10.71%
  • The Lady Eve (1941)

5 17.86%
  • Ted (2012)

13 46.43%
  • Zoolander (2001)

9 32.14%
  • Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

8 28.57%
  • Dumb and Dumber (1994)

20 71.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group M

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group M

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer (1947)

Watch Trailer

Horse Feathers (1932)

Watch Trailer

Modern Times (1936)

Watch Trailer

The Big Lebowski (1998)

Watch Trailer

The Egg and I (1947)

Watch Trailer

The Lady Eve (1941)

Watch Trailer

Ted (2012)

Watch Trailer

Zoolander (2001)

Watch Trailer

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

Watch Trailer

Dumb and Dumber (1994)

Watch Trailer

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Really only one winner here for this.. Dumb and dumber. I did vote for a few other
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All six for me here: The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer, Horse Feathers, Modern Times, The Lady Eve, Ted, and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Definitely voting for Dumb and Dumber and Ted. Still debating about Zoolander.

The Big Lebowski is tough for me. I know it’s a cult classic but I haven’t been able to sit down and watch it all the way through yet. I have it on my DVR and I’ve started to watch it numerous times but I always start to lose interest after the first half hour or so. I’ve seen bits and pieces of the rest of the movie when it comes on TV but I don’t think I’ve ever even seen the ending.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Lebowski
    Ted
    Zoolander
    Fantastic Mr. Fox
    Dumb & Dumber

Dumb & Dumber needs to make it far in this tournament because it is fucking genius.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The only thing TBL did for me is to make me try a creamer and Kahlua drink...I didn't laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Definitely voting for Dumb and Dumber and Ted. Still debating about Zoolander.

The Big Lebowski is tough for me. I know it’s a cult classic but I haven’t been able to sit down and watch it all the way through yet. I have it on my DVR and I’ve started to watch it numerous times but I always start to lose interest after the first half hour or so. I’ve seen bits and pieces of the rest of the movie when it comes on TV but I don’t think I’ve ever even seen the ending.

Country
    Country Flag

I suspect my vote may end up being the only one for The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer but I hope people might at least give it a watch now. So funny. Cary Grant is the best!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Lebowski, Dumb and Dumber.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Now this is a list I can sink my teeth into. Loved Ted, Zoolander, Modern Times and the Fantastic Mr. Fox, but with two of my all time favourite comedies in the list; Dumb and Dumber and the freakin' Big Lebowski, they just can't get votes!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Big Lebowski is one of those films that just gets better after multiple viewings. Also, I always tell people not to pay attention to the story. Just hang out with these characters.

Such an endlessly quotable film. I have 2 Lebowski t-shirts and I could easily have a dozen.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Relax, man, I'm a brother shamus.
    Brother Shamus? Like an Irish monk?
    WTF? My name is Delfino & I'm a private snoop, like you, man!

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Relax, man, I'm a brother shamus.
    Brother Shamus? Like an Irish monk?
    WTF? My name is Delfino & I'm a private snoop, like you, man!

So many great lines from that flick. It gets regular watches around here.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    Now this is a list I can sink my teeth into. Loved Ted, Zoolander, Modern Times and the Fantastic Mr. Fox, but with two of my all time favourite comedies in the list; Dumb and Dumber and the freakin' Big Lebowski, they just can't get votes!
    Voting for up to six means you choose that many. If you don't vote for something you're effectively voting against it.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Voting for up to six means you choose that many. If you don't vote for something you're effectively voting against it.
    Actually it means you can choose 1,2,3,4,5 or six. There have been categories where I've only seen 2 films so I can hardly vote for more than that.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, that's why it's up to six. As I noted in another poll, that doesn't mean you must pick six, but picking just one when you like other movies is counterproductive, I think.

Country
    Country Flag

Need more Fantastic Mr. Fox votes! One of my favorite movies of the 2000s.

Country
    Country Flag

Is it just that people haven't seen The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer or they don't remember it? One fucking vote! If the trailer hasn't jogged your memory, here's a nice clip with Cary at the top of his game:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Voted: Fantastic Mr. Fox, Zoolander, Dumb and Dumber, Ted, Big Lebowski
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, that's just stupid. I don't care for that type of low brow comedy. I just don't get it, but I am old and set in my ways I suppose.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Low brow? From The Criterion Collection?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Low brow? From The Criterion Collection?
    Just my opinion. Sorry to disappoint.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Sorry, that's just stupid. I don't care for that type of low brow comedy. I just don't get it, but I am old and set in my ways I suppose.
    You just care for the type of low brow comedy found in National Lampoon movies then lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

And it's a 92% on RT.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Some more love for Barbara Stanwyck and The Lady Eve.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You just care for the type of low brow comedy found in National Lampoon movies then lol
    I apologize that my opinion of "funny" differ's from yours. You are obviously way more of an authority than I. I just stated my opinion, very sorry that it did not meet your standards.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast