Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meet the Fockers (2004)

13 54.17%
  • This Is the End (2013)

11 45.83%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group E (Tiebreaker)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Meet the Fockers moves on to the next round, while This Is the End is eliminated.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This is a travesty to end all travesties. What fresh hell is this?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I have to watch This Is The End yet again to honour this far superior comedy and a far superior film in general that lost to a movie so bad all I remember nothing from it. I met the Fockers and I can't say I cared for them at all, not at all.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    If you generally don't find that group of actors funny, you won't like TITE. I've been a fan of theirs since Freaks and Geeks, so all these guys and others from their posse crack me up no matter what.
    Superbad, 40 yo virgin, Pineapple Express and Neighbors are absolutely hilarious (just watched Neighbors again last night as a matter of fact, and laughed my ass off) Still have not seen TITE, but i didnt even giggle at anything in those clips, and I remember seeing the trailers at the movie theater and saying to myself...Yeah, I'll probably skip that one.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's the same type of humor, so I'm not sure what you saw that was so different. If you haven't seen it, check out the red-band trailer in the first post.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also liked Superbad and 40-Year-Old Virgin (as well as Knocked-Up, which I think I nominated, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Pineapple Express was OK up until the final act. I still didn't like This Is The End. Just because they had the same actors doesn't mean it is the same humor or the same quality. Most of those other movies were about growing up from man-children to real adults. With its constant penis jokes, actors being assholes (trying to make fun of themselves) and mocking of religion, this movie seems to go the other direction and fully embrace the man-child who thinks the devil getting his penis cut off is the funniest thing ever. Personally I think TITE went too far. If not liking jokes about the devil raping people makes someone "limited" then I am glad to be "limited."

FYI, I still didn't vote for either movie.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't put in a vote here either however I was not a fan of TITE. I enjoy a few of the movies from this group of actors however, for the most part, TITE really fell down on me. I truly enjoyed the Fockers overall if comparing it to TITE.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    One day, when we are old and gray, you will have to explain to me how you could vote for Fockers.

The funniest part about this poll is it seems like most people are just voting against This is the End because they disliked it, and not voting for Fockers because they actually liked it. I knew it was impossible for there to be 11 people on the planet that liked Meet the Fockers.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I also liked Superbad and 40-Year-Old Virgin (as well as Knocked-Up, which I think I nominated, and Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Pineapple Express was OK up until the final act. I still didn't like This Is The End. Just because they had the same actors doesn't mean it is the same humor or the same quality. Most of those other movies were about growing up from man-children to real adults. With its constant penis jokes, actors being assholes (trying to make fun of themselves) and mocking of religion, this movie seems to go the other direction and fully embrace the man-child who thinks the devil getting his penis cut off is the funniest thing ever. Personally I think TITE went too far. If not liking jokes about the devil raping people makes someone "limited" then I am glad to be "limited."

I don't see how this the end has nothing to do with growing up...it's about how all of these guys have changed since becoming celebrities and how it's impacted how they relate to each other. It is also about how these men are all men now yet get paid exorbitant amounts of money to play men struggling with growing up and how it's hindered their growth...really, these are guys who are still behave like they are high school in their clique but are really beyond it, and what happens when new people enter and allegiances are tested. I can't really get enough of Jonah Hill's passive-aggressiveness towards Jay Baruchel either, "Guys, don't talk like that to Jay. He's fragile." *touches his face*. Like a lot of stupid comedies, This Is The End has a lot going on under the surface of juvenile humour than meets the eye. I think it's smarter each time I watch it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

I don't see how this the end has nothing to do with growing up...it's about how all of these guys have changed since becoming celebrities and how it's impacted how they relate to each other. It is also about how these men are all men now yet get paid exorbitant amounts of money to play men struggling with growing up and how it's hindered their growth...really, these are guys who are still behave like they are high school in their clique but are really beyond it, and what happens when new people enter and allegiances are tested. I can't really get enough of Jonah Hill's passive-aggressiveness towards Jay Baruchel either, "Guys, don't talk like that to Jay. He's fragile." *touches his face*. Like a lot of stupid comedies, This Is The End has a lot going on under the surface of juvenile humour than meets the eye. I think it's smarter each time I watch it.
    Yup. What's Meet the Fockers about? I think I missed that message.

People just don't like some of the actors in the This is the End. That's the main reason people don't give it a chance.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Meet The Fockers is about how sequels make a lotsa lotsa moneys

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Meet The Fockers is about how sequels make a lotsa lotsa moneys
    That'll be all, your honor.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Yup. What's Meet the Fockers about? I think I missed that message.

People just don't like some of the actors in the This is the End. That's the main reason people don't give it a chance.
    I think you missed the part where I said I like most of these guys' movies and the part where I said that I didn't like either of the two movies here. Meet the Fockers' message is stop watching Ben Stiller movies without the words Mary or Dodgeball in the title.

I did forget to mention one thing I liked about TITE. Anytime someone brings up something about Channing Tatum, I like to suggest they look up the scene with him in TITE.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess this tie-breaker says a lot about a persons sense of humour. Now I know that just over half the forum's sense of humour is broken

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The poll has closed. Meet the Fockers moves on to the next round, while This Is the End is eliminated.
    AWESOME!!

That one sentence has restored my faith in humanity!

Somebody call a taxi for Seth Rogen! He's going home! LOL! LOL!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been recruited to vote here ... and just can't do it. Have seen both and they were both horrible movies. It's like the presidential elections; do you vote for one or the other because you're supposed to, even though they both royally suck, or do you abstain from voting so that you have a clear conscience that the next four years were not your fault?
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I've been recruited to vote here ... and just can't do it.
    Probably because it's closed.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3