Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clue (1985)

15 53.57%
  • The Sunshine Boys (1975)

2 7.14%
  • Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948 )

10 35.71%
  • I Love You, Man (2009)

4 14.29%
  • The Ref (1994)

7 25.00%
  • Election (1999)

4 14.29%
  • Gremlins 2: The New Batch (1990)

6 21.43%
  • The Trouble with Harry (1955)

7 25.00%
  • The Nutty Professor (1996)

5 17.86%
  • National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

21 75.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group L

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just three for me, but three great ones that must go far: The Ref, Election, and The Trouble with Harry.

Country
    Country Flag

Need votes for The Ref and Election. Couldn't find a trailer for The Ref so that terrible-looking TV spot was all I could manage but I'm sure we've all seen The Ref, hystrical performance by Denis Leary and Kevin Spacey being that cool Kevin Spacey. As well, Election is pure genius and one of the best films of the '90s.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Only voting for two, Nutty Professor and Christmas Vacation. If you don't think Christmas Vacation is absolutely hilarious then I don't think I could watch movies with you.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved The Ref and Election. Two great films. And, yeah, Christmas Vacation. Although I'm scared to watch it again as I might not find it as funny as I did when I was in college.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I have to watch Christmas Vacation every year. And it still continues to crack me up.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay! I can officially vote for Clue!

As for Christmas Vacation, am I the only one that mumbles, "It's good, it's good, it's good" when sipping Eggnog around Christmas?

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I got tired of it. (Christmas Vacation.) It's not as strong as the first one.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

A great breakdown of Gremlins 2 (contains spoilers).

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what's funny? Words with a "k" in them.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just vaguely remember Gremlins 2. I don’t think I’ve seen it since I was a kid. Seems like one of those movies that didn’t logically need a sequel but the movie studios wanted to cash in and then they ended up with something that wasn’t nearly as good as the original.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just vaguely remember Gremlins 2. I don’t think I’ve seen it since I was a kid. Seems like one of those movies that didn’t logically need a sequel but the movie studios wanted to cash in and then they ended up with something that wasn’t nearly as good as the original.
    The whole story is laid out in the video above. The films are completely different. G2 is a parody of the first film and a total blast.

Country
    Country Flag

The Ref is sixth, yes! Hopefully both it and Election can make it, as well as The Trouble With Harry

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really hope The Trouble With Harry makes it on.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Went for Christmas Vacation and Clue, The Ref almost got a vote.

Country
    Country Flag

Election with only three votes is mind-blowing. It's one of the funniest movies of the entire 1990s:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Election with only three votes is mind-blowing. It's one of the funniest movies of the entire 1990s:

Sorry, but that is two minutes of my life that I will never get back.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Really? You never saw Election? You're missing out on a classic.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I should've nominated Dick. Forgot about it.

Country
    Country Flag

Three days to go, please get your votes in!

Need more Election votes, lest Gremlins 2 gets in over that great film!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm shocked at how poorly some of the more recent comedies are doing in this tournament. I'm not sure if it's because they are newer and haven't paid their dues, or people just haven't seen them. Then again, maybe people just don't like them. I find it hard to believe that everybody dislikes most of the new comedies. I Love You, Man should have more than 2 votes. It's one of the better comedies of recent years.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

How does Election and I Love You, Man have so few votes? Election is fantastic and I Love You Man is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen...both have great performances and have great satirical humour. Alexander Payne, I will weep for you :'(

Voted: Election, I Love You, Man and The Ref.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Let's at least pull Election into a tie for sixth! I'm sure it can take out Gremlins 2 (ugh) in a tiebreaker:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Gremlins 2 is awful. The original is leagues better.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast