Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to six

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)

22 75.86%
  • Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004)

14 48.28%
  • Sixteen Candles (1984)

8 27.59%
  • 21 Jump Street (2012)

10 34.48%
  • Annie Hall (1977)

9 31.03%
  • The General (1926)

9 31.03%
  • Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987)

18 62.07%
  • Real Genius (1985)

8 27.59%
  • Ali G Indahouse (2002)

3 10.34%
  • Bad Words (2013)

4 13.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group I

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    How is Annie Hall in danger of not moving on? It's one of the best comedies ever made.
    It sucks.
    Annie Hall does suck.

How anyone can say that film deserved to beat Star Wars for Best Picture at the Oscars, is straight talking out of their arse!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    How is Annie Hall in danger of not moving on? It's one of the best comedies ever made.
    It sucks.
    Annie Hall does suck.

How anyone can say that film deserved to beat Star Wars for Best Picture at the Oscars, is straight talking out of their arse!!!
    Annie Hall is as close to a masterpiece as a romantic comedy can get. And yes, it deserved to beat Star Wars for best picture. It very much deserved it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We still have a three-way tie for last place between Sixteen Candles, Annie Hall, and Real Genius.

Need some Annie Hall votes here!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Put Annie Hall at the top of my queue. Let's see what all this masterpiece talk is about.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That popcorn scene was funnier when I was younger. Hmm.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Put Annie Hall at the top of my queue. Let's see what all this masterpiece talk is about.
    It's streaming on Netflix.

This is closing tomorrow, so let's break that tie!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just put myself through watching that clip to see if I still think the movie is shit. Y'know give it another chance and all that....

It's still shit.

Well, that's another 5 minutes of my life wasted. Great!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Siskel opens calling it the funniest film of the decade. Strong praise for a shit movie lol

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Well, that's another 5 minutes of my life wasted. Great!!
    You didn't find that opening scene funny

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe if it involved an egregiously overweight family egregiously farting at a dinner table topped with an egregious amount of food, he'd find it funny.

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This is one of my favorite clips of any Woody Allen film.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That will make two of us then...I would rather hear fart jokes compared to what Woody Allen puts out there.

Maybe if it involved an egregiously overweight family egregiously farting at a dinner table topped with an egregious amount of food, he'd find it funny.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That will make two of us then...I would rather hear fart jokes compared to what Woody Allen puts out there.

Rep points awarded for having excellent taste in comedy, my good sir.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I would rather hear fart jokes compared to what Woody Allen puts out there.
    He has put a lot out there, writing comedy for 60 years. Seems kind of perfunctory to brush off every bit at once like that.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I have attempted to watch most of it and cannot name anything I've enjoyed. I suppose in this instance I am counter culture.

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    I would rather hear fart jokes compared to what Woody Allen puts out there.
    He has put a lot out there, writing comedy for 60 years. Seems kind of perfunctory to brush off every bit at once like that.

Country
    Country Flag

Woody Allen just isn't funny. He never has been.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

National Lampoon's, Harold and Kumar and Planes Trains and Automobiles got my vote.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    National Lampoon's, Harold and Kumar and Planes Trains and Automobiles got my vote.
    Solid choices, my friend!

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The following six titles are moving on to the next round:
    1. National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) 75.86%
    2. Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) 62.07%
    3. Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (2004) 48.28%
    4. 21 Jump Street (2012) 34.48%
    5. Annie Hall (1977) 31.03%
    6. The General (1926) 31.03%

And the following four titles have been eliminated:
    1. Real Genius (1985) 27.59%
    2. Sixteen Candles (1984) 27.59%
    3. Bad Words (2013) 13.79%
    4. Ali G Indahouse (2002) 10.34%

+ Reply to Thread