Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Clive Cussler's Dirk pitt

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Clive Cussler's Dirk pitt

Clive Cussler's Dirk pitt series has me baffled. I keep reading them out of order. I also noticed that Mr. Cussler wrote himself into one of the books!

Does anyone know the order to read them? I fear I have read the last in the series though.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Cussler has them listed in chrnological order under bibliography.

Apparently he wrote some of the earlier ones out of order, but then they sync up later on.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Somewhere after the first few, Clive started to interject himself in each book.
    I never liked it, which is why
    Spoiler:
    I wasn't so thrilled when SK wrote himself into the Tower series.

I also stopped liking Cussler around the time he started cowriting books. Worst of all is him now collaborating with his son. Trying to hand off the Dirk Pitt franchise as he gets older.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have enjoyed listening to the Dirk Pitt novels. I know I have heard them out of order and always wonder about the stories they are referring to.

I also like his new guy...somebody Austin isn't it?

As far as him being in them...I guess was okay. He was like a side bar
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

After watching Sahara i decided to give his books a try. I didn't really enjoy them as much. It's not like the Bourne Identity books, i loved those, and they're nothing at all like the movies. Strangely though, I also enjoy the movies. It's great to have an average looking guy like Matt Damon be the hero for once. It's much more believable than when you get Ben Affleck in these "The Sum of All Fears" or pretty boy Colin in "The Recruit".

just saying.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."