• Night on Earth (1991)

2 7.41%
  • Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

13 48.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group G

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group G

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

The Ladykillers (1955)

Watch Trailer

Fletch (1985)

Watch Trailer

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)

Watch Trailer

The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)

Watch Trailer

Top Secret! (1984)

Watch Trailer

We're the Millers (2013)

Watch Trailer

My Cousin Vinny (1992)

Watch Trailer

Tootsie (1982)

Watch Trailer

Night on Earth (1991)

Watch Trailer

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going with just two: We're the Millers (which is one of the funniest movies in a long time, probably since Anchorman) and Night on Earth (great fun and that Roberto Benigni sequence is pure comedy gold - just try watching that and not laughing out loud).

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Going with just two: We're the Millers (which is one of the funniest movies in a long time, probably since Anchorman) and Night on Earth (great fun and that Roberto Benigni sequence is pure comedy gold - just try watching that and not laughing out loud).
    I agree. Millers was so funny. My fav scene was in the trailer and I re-wound it so many times. The Bane imitation. hahahahah I wish he would get more rolls. He is some funny!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Are you mocking me with that outift?" Great film. I went with Fletch, AFCW, MCV, Tootsie, and Little Shop of Horrors.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I agree. Millers was so funny.
    Too funny:

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I agree. Millers was so funny. My fav scene was in the trailer and I re-wound it so many times. The Bane imitation. hahahahah I wish he would get more rolls. He is some funny!
    Yes it is a very funny movie
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I cannot stand Roberto Benigni.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't really care for any of these films to be quite frank.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Have you seen most of them? Did you see We're the Millers? Love that trailer that's in the first post. And Night on Earth is a great little gem.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen a little more than half of them (some of them when I was very young, like the original Ladykillers), but none of them left a lasting impression on me.

I completely disliked We Are The Millers. I think I chuckled once or twice, but that's about it.

Country
    Country Flag

I completely disliked We Are The Millers. I think I chuckled once or twice, but that's about it.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

+1. I'm not a fan either. I had a few light laughs but really couldn't wait for it to end.

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to know why. I was laughing out loud throughout and the video above has some great lines collected together. Plus Jennifer Aniston is so purty

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The whole thing felt flat and drawn out. The lead was somewhat boring and I've never been a fan of Nick Offerman (whatever his name is)...I know I'm in the minority on that last bit. The one sight gag (spider bite) made me laugh a bit but I was never hooked.

Country
    Country Flag

But the whole situation wasn't funny? Jason Sudeikis's acting is always funny. That kissing scene was just killer. I love this one!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I needed to look up who Jason Sudeikis is and this is the first thing I've seen him in. Like I said the movie felt flat and just didn't do it for me.

But the whole situation wasn't funny? Jason Sudeikis's acting is always funny. That kissing scene was just killer. I love this one!

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I've never been a fan of Nick Offerman (whatever his name is)...I know I'm in the minority on that last bit.
    I've only seen Nick on Parks & Rec but find him absolutely hilarious.

I needed to look up who Jason Sudeikis is and this is the first thing I've seen him in. Like I said the movie felt flat and just didn't do it for me.

Jason has spent the last 10 years on SNL. He is also set to star in the new Fletch movie, Fletch Won.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL. It has been awhile since I've watched SNL. The last cast members I remember watching were from the Chris Farley years.

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post

Jason has spent the last 10 years on SNL. He is also set to star in the new Fletch movie, Fletch Won.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not an SNL fan I gather.

My Cousin Vinny is a classic. You don't have to be Frank. Just be you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Some of the comedy in Millers is of the dead horse beating type: this isn't funny, so we'll repeat it until our awkwardness attains ironic awkward humor status.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Surprisingly funny, really quite entertaining, but still not quite a real classic. A Fish Called Wanda is a classic. Listen to him, Frank.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Some of the comedy in Millers is of the dead horse beating type: this isn't funny, so we'll repeat it until our awkwardness attains ironic awkward humor status.

Surprisingly funny, really quite entertaining, but still not quite a real classic. A Fish Called Wanda is a classic. Listen to him, Frank.
    It's the opposite for me. I've never been a fan of A Fish Called Wanda. It has its moments, but I just don't put it on a pedestal like others do.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post

It's the opposite for me. I've never been a fan of A Fish Called Wanda. It has its moments, but I just don't put it on a pedestal like others do.
    I think I know what you mean, not going to take that personally. My Cousin Vinny is well-made and works pretty well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it's just a personal preference. I remember seeing My Cousin Vinny with my parents and sister at the drive-in. I've always had that connection with it. I don't have that with A Fish Called Wanda. Now, that's not to say I can only love movies that I make a personal connection with, it's just how it worked out this time around.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Certainly Top Secret! I find myself singing "Skeet Surfin'" to myself whenever I hear a Beach Boys or Jan & Dean song. I just can't help it. I love this movie.

A Fish Called Wanda is another of my all-time favorite movies, regardless of genre.

Also threw a vote to Fletch.

Country
    Country Flag

Man, only four votes for We're the Millers? I was sure this would be a popular pick... I guess my comedy tastes are completely different that most people's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast