Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: King Books With Official Signings

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John
    That was part of a 10-city tour he did on his motorcycle where he went exclusively to independent bookstores. The idea for Desperation came to him as he was cycling across America.
    Man your a wealth oh knowledge... King cycled across America????
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That was part of a 10-city tour he did on his motorcycle where he went exclusively to independent bookstores. The idea for Desperation came to him as he was cycling across America.
    From Official Stephen King site...

Stephen first came up with the idea for Desperation in 1991, when he was driving his daughter's car cross-country. He passed through Ruth, Nevada, a small town with seemingly no inhabitants. He immediately thought, "They're all dead," and then "Who killed them?" At that point, his "Voice" immediately answered "The sheriff killed them all." In 1994, he decided to pursue this idea further while driving across country on his motorcycle during the Insomnia book tour.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^^^Too cool!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John
    Yes, I actually attended the one sponsored by McKinzie White Booksellers in Colorado Springs (where I happened to be working temporarily). It was held at a high school near the store.

Bev (who is truly a wealth of info)actually posted the full itinerary of this tour at HERE.

STEPHEN KING INSOMNIA TOUR
    1. Tuesday, October 4
    Northshire bookstore, Manchester Center, Vermont
    will go into local school auditorium
    (approx. 300 miles from Bangor)

2. Thursday, October 6
    Cornell University Bookstore, Ithaca, NY
    they have a venue available on campus every day this week
    (300 miles from Manchester)

3. Saturday, October 8
    Little Professor, Worthington, OH (suburb of Columbus)

4. Monday, October 10
    Joseph Beth Booksellers, Lexington, KY
    4 or 5 possible venues available
    (240 miles from Worthington)

5. Wednesday, October 12
    Davis Kidd Bookstore, Nashville, TN
    open Oct. 12,13,14
    (220 miles from Lexington)

6. Friday, October 14
    Library Limited, Clayton, MO (suburb of St. Louis)
    900 seat auditorium on Washington University campus
    (320 miles from Lexington)

7. Sunday October 16
    University Books, Manhattan, KS
    (note: this bookstore not affiliated with university)
    feels she can get something on KSU campus
    (approx. 370 miles from St. Louis)

8. Tuesday, October 18
    McKinzie White Booksellers, Colorado Springs, CO
    two possible venues
    (350 miles from Manhattan, KS)

9. Friday, October 22
    Ex Libris Bookstore, Sun Valley, ID
    gigantic old movie theatre
    (600 miles from Colorado Springs)

10. Monday, October 25
    Bookshop Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
    (660 miles from Sun Valley)
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Don't forget the RBR concert in, June of..... 2012?
    I don't think that whas an official signing. More random at best.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

John
    King made his first ever post to the internet (to alt.books.stephen-king) from a computer at Cornell. I knew a guy who worked there and have a picture of him at the computer making that post.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

What would be cool if there could be a calendar somewhere so that if you clicked on a specific date, you could find out what event happened on that date. I know, a shit-ton of work to create such a thing. But it would be cool.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We have a similar thing already, "Today's Events". A lot of info is there, just not in calendar form.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I really understand the desire for this thread however without some organization from the start it may fill with pages of posts that all would need to be read to get full benefit.
    IN MY OPINION, .... To really be effective the thread would benefit from someone to take ownership, have the full list of King's books on the first or last page that gets updated as information is supplied.
    Examples would be the threads:
    Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Who-owns-them
    Joyland Signed / Limited: Who Owns Them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...t=owns+Joyland

OR ANOTHER EASY OPTION ( if RF approves) WOULD BE TO TAKE THE INFORMATION FOR EACH BOOK that HAD A SIGNING TOUR or NO SIGNING TOUR and include it on the discussion page for that specific book in the Catalog under US & UK First Editions
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions

For an Example I added the Insomnia Tour under the discussion tab for Insomnia as shown:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...nia+-+Trade+HC

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    I really understand the desire for this thread however without some organization from the start it may fill with pages of posts that all would need to be read to get full benefit.
    IN MY OPINION, .... To really be effective the thread would benefit from someone to take ownership, have the full list of King's books on the first or last page that gets updated as information is supplied.
    Examples would be the threads:
    Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...-Who-owns-them
    Joyland Signed / Limited: Who Owns Them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...t=owns+Joyland

OR ANOTHER EASY OPTION ( if RF approves) WOULD BE TO TAKE THE INFORMATION FOR EACH BOOK that HAD A SIGNING TOUR or NO SIGNING TOUR and include it on the discussion page for that specific book in the Catalog under US & UK First Editions
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...First-Editions

For an Example I added the Insomnia Tour under the discussion tab for Insomnia as shown:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...nia+-+Trade+HC
    Jim - I can't agree more. and you brought up great ideas to organize it.

I was thinking to create a Google spreadsheet, share with the forum members and give access to add data. It's easy and if people will contribute we will have a nice database with all the details.

Bev Vincent and I were thinking of:

Date
    Time
    Location name
    City
    State
    Supported by
    Book name
    Official Signing event (yes/no)
    Pre-signed copies (yes/no)
    other authors present
    Notes

This will help to capture the data. Then we can update the thread as you suggested.

Thoughts ?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is a GREAT ideal. What a tool to be used by all!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

OK, Here's an easy one.

April 7, 2001
    Dunn & Dunn Books
    Naples, Florida
    Dreamcatcher
    Official signing
    Signed by King
    Buy Dreamcatcher and you could get it signed and one other book.
    About 200 total people.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is the link to the spreadsheet. I entered some data from the thread

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You are welcome to add new events and missing data to existing.

Note that there is no need to save the document, but I think you need to have Google account (but who doesn't...)

If you have troubles and you find it easier to post it here - you're welcome to do so and I'll add it to the file

Good luck
    Shac

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Here is the link to the spreadsheet. I entered some data from the thread

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You are welcome to add new events and missing data to existing.

Note that there is no need to save the document, but I think you need to have Google account (but who doesn't...)

If you have troubles and you find it easier to post it here - you're welcome to do so and I'll add it to the file

Good luck
    Shac
    Rep Points for that man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the Dome signings:

NYC: Nov 10th, 2009
    Dundalk: Nov 11th, 2009

There were other dates (Atlanta, Florida and maybe another between these two) for this book and also one in Portland on Dec. 1st if I'm not wrong.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Many of the signing schedules since 2005 are listed in NewsFromTheDeadZone.com

Under the Dome:

November 10 – NYC
    November 11 – D.C./Baltimore
    November 13 – Atlanta
    November 16 – Sarasota
    November 18 – Minneapolis
    November 19 – Toronto
    December 1 – Portsmouth, NH
    December 2 – Manchester, VT

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    I saw Stephen King during his tour for BAG OF BONES at an event held by University Bookstore in Seattle, WA. It was presumably held the year of publication, so late 1998...but I can't be certain it wasn't early 1999. Great talk and reading, and had an opportunity to speak with him briefly and shake his hand; unlike some more recent rule-heavy signings I've read about, this one was comparatively relaxed...the only rule was that there were no inscriptions, it was signatures only. If I recall correctly, he was signing BAG OF BONES only, one per person, as I don't remember having any other books signed by him at the event (and I certainly would have had it been allowed...as it was, I had two copies of BOB signed, one via me and one via my wife). Because of size restrictions, the University Bookstore held the event at an aptly-suited gothic-style church next door to its store...I believe it's called the University Temple.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

If this data is structured well (what Shac and Bev have described would work well) It's something I could eventually incorporate into the App I am building (Hey remember that? Yes I am still working on it in the background! - told you not to hold your breath ). As everything is driven by book title, it would be relatively simple to add another page of information for Book Signings for the selected Book. Something like this:

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing Simon!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got this one in today...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

LISEY'S STORY SIGNING.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post

This was in the NP&J Thread.

I assume that it is the same as posted two posts up.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]

This was in the NP&J Thread.

I assume that it is the same as posted two posts up.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I thought it pertinent to include here as well.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I reposted it because the photo in your post above is not showing up (at least on my computer).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

Fixed! Thanks for the heads up, tippy4. Sorry, I'm new to Photobucket (if you couldn't already tell).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast