Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: King Books With Official Signings

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King Books With Official Signings

Ralph (Caretaker 217) had a great idea for a thread. I could not find one but thought it would be neat to have one where books that had official signings were discussed. Where, how many stops on the tour, were other books allowed to be signed, etc. I know it makes a difference in the value of a book... a big difference. Anyways, I am sure there a lot of members that could provide some valuable input here. Thanks! kris
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

I saw Stephen King during his tour for BAG OF BONES at an event held by University Bookstore in Seattle, WA. It was presumably held the year of publication, so late 1998...but I can't be certain it wasn't early 1999. Great talk and reading, and had an opportunity to speak with him briefly and shake his hand; unlike some more recent rule-heavy signings I've read about, this one was comparatively relaxed...the only rule was that there were no inscriptions, it was signatures only. If I recall correctly, he was signing BAG OF BONES only, one per person, as I don't remember having any other books signed by him at the event (and I certainly would have had it been allowed...as it was, I had two copies of BOB signed, one via me and one via my wife). Because of size restrictions, the University Bookstore held the event at an aptly-suited gothic-style church next door to its store...I believe it's called the University Temple.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe we could get a list together of what had signings (and how many there were??) and what did not?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Dec 14th, 2011
    Alpharetta, GA

Tour for 11/22/63

Only signed 11/22/63

Lined up for free arm bands to be in line.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Banned books and other concerns: The Virginia Beach lecture at Virginia Beach Public Library (1986). He didn't do a signing at this event but the opportunity to pickup signed books did exist. This is where my signed IT came from. During the event he read a chapter from Misery. I think this is discussed in the "Secret Windows" publication.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Maybe we could get a list together of what had signings (and how many there were??) and what did not?
    there is a thread and list similar to this started somewhere.

sorry I don't remember the thread name.

Country
    Country Flag

I could not find it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great idea Ralph & Kris

I would suggest creating a master list by book. Date/Location/type

So for Revival:

11/11/14 - New York City Barnes & Noble, Union Square (signing event)
    11/12/14 - Washington, D.C. , GW Lisner Auditorium (Sponsored by Politics and Prose) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/13/14 - Kansas City, MO, Unity Temple on the Plaza, Sanctuary (Sponsored by Rainy Day Books) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/14/14 - Wichita, KS, Eugene M. Hughes Metroplex (Sponsored by Watermark Books in partnership with Wichita State University) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/15/14 - Austin, TX, BookPeople (signing event)
    11/17/14 - South Portland, ME, Books-A-Million (signing event)

How you'll consider Revival's 1/29/15 Bradenton event ? is it "official signing" event ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Great idea Ralph & Kris

I would suggest creating a master list by book. Date/Location/type

So for Revival:

11/11/14 - New York City Barnes & Noble, Union Square (signing event)
    11/12/14 - Washington, D.C. , GW Lisner Auditorium (Sponsored by Politics and Prose) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/13/14 - Kansas City, MO, Unity Temple on the Plaza, Sanctuary (Sponsored by Rainy Day Books) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/14/14 - Wichita, KS, Eugene M. Hughes Metroplex (Sponsored by Watermark Books in partnership with Wichita State University) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
    11/15/14 - Austin, TX, BookPeople (signing event)
    11/17/14 - South Portland, ME, Books-A-Million (signing event)

How you'll consider Revival's 1/29/15 Bradenton event ? is it "official signing" event ?
    After what happened... not officially I guess but there was 330 signed books there for sale. It was funny too cause I bet 95% of those were mistreated, read, or just tossed aside. It really seemed there were few enthusiasts there... like us here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would consider the Bradenton event official...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not exclusive to, King, but I would think alot of the material you are looking for can found here.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...471#post901471

Certainly, a good start anyway. Goes back to 2007 anyway.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

There are going to be title specific signings, and there are going to be non-title specific signings, and there will be those that are mixed.

Bradenton was a Revival signing.....the fact that a couple of other books were signed during the event is irrelevant (and I acknowledge it was not part of his promotional tour put forth by his publisher).

Toronto 2013 was a mixed signing....presigned Doctor Sleeps were available for purchase, and you could have King sign one title of your choice.

The Bookstore1 event last year was SUPPOSED to be a Doctor Sleep event......but in the end he signed anything.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UK Signing I attended: Lisey's Story at Borders Bookstore, Oxford Street, London, UK on November 7th 2006.
    Paris signing I attended: Dr Sleep at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. He also spoke at the Grand Rex on 16th but I don't know if any more signings were done.

Both of these allowed you to have any books signed.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This was a mixed signing in that could buy a Desperation bookplate which King would sign), and have King sign a book you bought at Bookland.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

This is great stuff. Wonder how many in total he has done!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much it's a mess. Not that it shouln't be attempted to document, but the permutations (rip me if I'm wrong) of each event make it challenging and ongoing to get the information correct.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    This is great stuff. Wonder how many in total he has done!
    1. Friday, October 14, 1994
    Library Limited, Clayton, MO (suburb of St. Louis)
    900 seat auditorium on Washington University campus
    Signed Book with ticket Pre Signed. (1)

One book signed. Insomina

2. 2011 Mason Award Presentation
    Stephen King
    September 23, 2011 7:30 PM
    any book you want signed, needed golden ticket
    awesome reception prior to event (6)

6 books signed, kept 4
    Carrie, Salems Lot, Gunslinger, Shining
    gave away, IT and Lisey's Story to Brother In Law

3. Savannah Book Festival
    Stephen King
    2/19/12
    Buy 11/22/63 sign 1 book of your choice each person, in person (not pre signed)
    everyone could buy extra books. (8)

Night Shift, The Stand, Darktower II, Pet Semetary, Rage, The Shinging, 11/22/63 x 2

4. First Annual Chancellor's Speaker Series
    Tsongas Center at UMASS Lowell
    December 7, 2012 7:30 PM
    No book signing/at VIP reception he signed everything/anything $100 reception (9)

Long Walk, TNLR, Startling Mysteries #6 and #12, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, The Deadzone, 11/22/63

5. Stephen King in Conversation with Colin McEnroe
    The Mark Twain House & Museum
    July 18, 2013 8 PM
    VIP Reception Free pre signed copy of Joyland. (5)
    all others able to buy copy signed
    event organizers were worse than Bradenton Event

Joyland x 5 (kept 2)

6. Gerald W. Lynch Theatre
    New York
    Stephen King w/Owen King
    September 24, 2013 7:30 PM
    Dr. Sleep Pre Signed Randomly distributed. $40 (3)

Thinner and Dr. Sleep.

7. Double Feature
    Stephen King/Owen King
    October 24, 2013
    Pen Canada & International Festival of Authors
    Toronto Canada
    purchase Dr. Sleep pre signed, 1 book our choice signed per ticket (8)

Bachman Books, eotd, roadwork, running man, gwltg, Colorado kid, IT, Night shift, DT3, Green mile + tons of Dr. Sleep.

8. March 16, 2014
    Sarasota Book Store
    Stephen King Book signing
    signed Dr. Sleep, in person, 1 per person. actually signed anything thanks to Lot Guy! (4)

Needful things, w&g, song of Susannah, everythings eventual, storm of the century, cycle of the werewolf, more Dr. Sleep

9. Rainy Day Books Kansas City MO.
    Stephen King Revival Tour
    November 13, 2014
    Worst interviewer ever. She sucked. (2)
    Pre signed Random Distribution.

10. Watermarks Books and Café Witchata KS
    November 14, 2014 6PM
    Stephen King Revival $30
    Pre signed Random Distribution (2)

11. Stephen King
    Revival
    November 17, 2014 Portland Maine 4 PM Books a Million (7)
    signed revival each person, event organizers stopped everyone but Lot Guy.

12. An Evening with Stephen King
    January 29, 2015
    Manatee Performing Arts Center, Bradenton Florida
    Pre signed copies of Revival, we could buy 1 (or as many as you want if you were not Lot Guy, Barlowe or Roseannebarr) (17)

Mr. Mercedes, 4 past midnight, tons of revival

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    UK Signing I attended: Lisey's Story at Borders Bookstore, Oxford Street, London, UK on November 7th 2006.
    I was at Borders too. 12th in line. It was a great night camping on the street, albeit not that anyone slept. There was also a talk and signing that night at 7pm at Battersea Park. This was a ticketed event (GBP 15.00) and was well worth it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    There are going to be title specific signings, and there are going to be non-title specific signings, and there will be those that are mixed.

Bradenton was a Revival signing.....the fact that a couple of other books were signed during the event is irrelevant (and I acknowledge it was not part of his promotional tour put forth by his publisher).

Toronto 2013 was a mixed signing....presigned Doctor Sleeps were available for purchase, and you could have King sign one title of your choice.

The Bookstore1 event last year was SUPPOSED to be a Doctor Sleep event......but in the end he signed anything.
    The Bookstore1 event March 2014 was SUPPOSED to be a small local Doctor Sleep event. That was the main item featured..........but in the end he signed anything .... but only for the few (mainly from here) who brought something extra. ... It should be considered a Doctor Sleep signing

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't forget the RBR concert in, June of..... 2012?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    I was at Borders too. 12th in line. It was a great night camping on the street, albeit not that anyone slept. There was also a talk and signing that night at 7pm at Battersea Park. This was a ticketed event (GBP 15.00) and was well worth it.

And I had tickets for the event but couldnt go as at the time I literally started a new job and it was happening during the week :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post
    I flew down from Scotland that morning and walked past everyone waiting in line, right to the front of the queue. Also had great seats at Battersea Park. (I won a competition)

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I won tickets from Calla Wolf for the Battersea Park event.

I will get the date but there were pre signed Lisey's, signing of Lisey's on the day, plus he signed any other bòkk in front of him. I had my Long Walk signed. Magic!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John
    That was part of a 10-city tour he did on his motorcycle where he went exclusively to independent bookstores. The idea for Desperation came to him as he was cycling across America.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast