Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Nominations and Discussion

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Girl Next Door (2004)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    "I just wanna fuck hot chicks!"

Seconded
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised The Awful Truth still hasn't been seconded.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    "I just wanna fuck hot chicks!"

Seconded
    LOL!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also surprised that we still don't have a nomination for Horrible Bosses. I thought that one was a big hit.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if it will get a second but:

Horrible Bosses was good, but I can't vote for it here.

EDIT - Can't nominate yet lol. Barely slept in days so I forgot I just nommed Bridesmaids.

Country
    Country Flag

Horrible Bosses was good, but I can't vote for it here.
    Why not? Probably Jason Bateman's best film role. And a super-pervy Jennifer Aniston.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For a movie called Horrible Bosses, it was really about one Horrible Boss. Colin Farrell got about 6 minutes of screen time and Aniston was relegated to a couple of scenes. It was basically all about Spacey, who was the least entertaining of the bosses. It was good. Not great. The retread sequel instead of something clever like...the heroes of the first movie have unknowingly become the horrible bosses...devalues the original for me. I think Bateman's best film role is Bad Words but I would rate both it and Horrible Bosses the same.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Nominating Sixteen Candles

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I nominate

Hot Shots : Part Deux!
    I nominate Hot Shots (1991). The second one wasn't as good.
    I second Hot Shots!

The second one was...less.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm really surprised The Awful Truth still hasn't been seconded.
    Hell, I've nominated four movies that haven't been seconded. I must have strange tastes.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Please, for the love of God, someone second Sixteen Candles. It's a John Hughes classic!

Country
    Country Flag

Sixteen Candles seconded.

Only ten more to go.

Still lots of great comedies to be nominated...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Bateman's best film role is Bad Words
    How did I forget this?! If no one has nominated it yet, consider it nominated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

anyone like Sleeper, Dale and Tucker Vs. Evil or Peewee's Big Adventure? Not officially nominating...

Country
    Country Flag

Sleeper is good but there are better Woody Allen films out there, I think. It doesn't help that he's got so many...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    anyone like Sleeper, Dale and Tucker Vs. Evil or Peewee's Big Adventure? Not officially nominating...
    I watched Peewee's Big Adventure a few months ago (first time), after hearing for years that it wasn't like it sounded, but actually funny and very clever. I found it to be decidedly unfunny and not the least bit clever. (But there goes me with my strange tastes. I just hate being the only person to think The Hudsucker Proxy is truly very very funny [and clever!])

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second:
    21 Jump Street (2012)

and

Bad Words (2013)
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

I have an idea. With just ten spots left open, to make this more fair perhaps, why don't we all post our top ten remaining picks. We might have some of the same ones even. The first ten that are seconded will make up the final entries.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I'll second:
    21 Jump Street (2012)

and

Bad Words (2013)

I would like to nominate

Trading Places (1983)
    Trading Places already nominated and seconded. Please hold seconding and check out my last post above.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    I'll second:
    21 Jump Street (2012)

and

Bad Words (2013)

I would like to nominate

Trading Places (1983)
    Trading Places already nominated and seconded. Please hold seconding and check out my last post above.
    I saw that and edited my post
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Hairspray
    Sleeper
    Deconstructing Harry OR Everyone Says I Love You
    Dale and Tucker Vs. Evil
    City Lights OR The Gold Rush
    Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
    The Bank Dick
    Kind Hearts and Coronets
    His Girl Friday
    Midnight in Paris

Country
    Country Flag

If we're going ahead, here's my list:

Manhattan (1979)
    The Terminal (2004)
    Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House (1948)
    Death to Smoochy (2002)
    School of Rock (2003)
    Back to School (1986)
    Something Wild (1986)
    You Can't Take It with You (1938)
    How to Marry a Millionaire (1953)
    The Kid (1921)

The titles should probably make it onto the list once thirded, not seconded, so we don't make it too easy :) Once everyone (or most of us who've been participating) posts their lists, we can go ahead. Or just go back to the previous process where we stopped, if this isn't a good idea.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's see what I can think of....

SIDEWAYS
    LOST IN TRANSLATION
    Jeff, Who Lives At Home
    Bowfinger
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    The Matador
    Grandma's Boy
    Death To Smoochy
    The Other Guys
    The Waterboy

So does this mean Death To Smoochy is seconded then?

Country
    Country Flag

I think we would have to wait longer for people to each post a list of 10 films and then wait for ten to be thirded. IMHO, the previous way of waiting for 5 films before nominating was better. I also don't think moving the goal posts this late in the nominating process is right. Just my 2 cents worth though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast