Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Collectible Patrick Rothfuss

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Collectible Patrick Rothfuss

Pat is one of my favorite authors and if you are interested in the fantasy genre and haven't read The Name of the Wind yet.... well then you are missing out on the best fantasy novel in the last 50 years and probably one of the best ever.

He doesn't have a ton of collectible books out yet but he does have a few from Sub Press and his books already have a good value associated with them.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Aron, great start.

I will follow your advise The Name of the Wind is next after I'll finish "The Farseer trilogy"

I have few books (not TNOTW 1ST/1ST...) - will post photos later

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll post a few pictures later also. I have a couple of 1st/1sts. I'm actually debating selling one of them. The Princess and Mr Whiffle books are good also. I know the 1st book which was released by SubPress goes for about $400+. 1st/1st of NOTW are probably in the $300+ range for a nice copy.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is one of my 1st/1sts. Signed, Lined, doodled (by the map artist) and remarqued (by cover artist) That's about as complete as you can get!

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

I have his main two books as signed firsts. But the binding on the first book is coming apart. Not happy about it.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It's well documented that DAW did a horrible job with books. It's rare to find 1st/1sts NOTW that are in Fine condition.

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aronstg View Post
    Here is one of my 1st/1sts. Signed, Lined, doodled (by the map artist) and remarqued (by cover artist) That's about as complete as you can get!

Beautiful !!!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is a terrible selfie of me and Pat at NYCC '14 and the book he signed.

Last edited by becca69; 10-20-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is a trade edition remarqued by Nate Taylor from The Signed Page.

Last edited by becca69; 10-20-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

My signed 1st of TNOTW (thanks again Chad). It has the Kvothe cover.

I've got a signed first of The Wise Man's Fear but can't find a pic of it. I also have the limited edition playing cards from the Kickstarter.
    Last edited by becca69; 10-20-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

Another signed Princess edition:

Last edited by becca69; 10-20-2017 at 09:49 AM.

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark of Deep Below S/L

Country
    Country Flag

A signed copy of The Slow Regard of Silent Things. Other than another signed Princess book, I believe that's the extent of my Rothfuss stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting the S/L announcement of TNOTW

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics Becca!! I am actually friends with Nate. He has doodled in both of my NOTW. He remarqued my WMF and I have sketches in both of my 1st/1st Prince and Mr Whiffles. I haven't had him remarque my SROST yet though.

Yes.. I can't wait until Sub Press does a S/L. I will be all over that!

Country
    Country Flag

Great pics Becca!! I am actually friends with Nate. He has doodled in both of my NOTW. He remarqued my WMF and I have sketches in both of my 1st/1st Prince and Mr Whiffles. I haven't had him remarque my SROST yet though.

Yes.. I can't wait until Sub Press does a S/L. I will be all over that!
    Nice. I would love a remarque in SROST!

Country
    Country Flag

My little contribution. Only have 2 pretty common

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a nice time meeting him in SF last year - and having him sign a ton of books - for me and Becca
    I do have my matching princess and mr. Whiffle sub press books - as well as a Nate remarque - so I'll add those to the thread later. Plus the pairs playing cards - there are 4 decks from pat - 1 princess deck and 3 from the name of the wind. I'll photo those soon and post as well.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, I forgot about Unfettered! I ordered the S/L and it's not done yet.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Wonderful! Love your collection. Are all three of those NOTW 1st/1st? They look to be in great condition.

I have two 1st/1st.. one with each cover. All three of them remarqued by Donato, doodled by Nate Taylor and Signed and lined by Pat... well signed by all three.

I have one 1st/1st of WMF remarqued by Nate and signed by Pat.

I have a 1st/1st of each princess book, both remarqued by Nate.

I have a S/L of the 2nd princess book. The 1st one was already too expensive when I missed it.

I have a 1st/1st unfettered and the ARC. Both sitting with 8-9 signatures.

I have 1st/1st Rogues signed by Pat and Abercombie.. soon to have Lynch and GRRM

I have all sorts of other Rothfuss stuffz. I have the pairs decks, the playing cards, cealdish currency, boss monster cards. I'm also going to be in a Tarot deck with Pat when it is released.

I don't have SubPress Tales book nor do I have his college survival guide. I'm pretty content with just having the 1st/1sts.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Wonderful! Love your collection. Are all three of those NOTW 1st/1st? They look to be in great condition.

I have two 1st/1st.. one with each cover. All three of them remarqued by Donato, doodled by Nate Taylor and Signed and lined by Pat... well signed by all three.

I have one 1st/1st of WMF remarqued by Nate and signed by Pat.

I have a 1st/1st of each princess book, both remarqued by Nate.

I have a S/L of the 2nd princess book. The 1st one was already too expensive when I missed it.

I have a 1st/1st unfettered and the ARC. Both sitting with 8-9 signatures.

I have 1st/1st Rogues signed by Pat and Abercombie.. soon to have Lynch and GRRM

I have all sorts of other Rothfuss stuffz. I have the pairs decks, the playing cards, cealdish currency, boss monster cards. I'm also going to be in a Tarot deck with Pat when it is released.

I don't have SubPress Tales book nor do I have his college survival guide. I'm pretty content with just having the 1st/1sts.
    A few of those are mine

Country
    Country Flag

yes they are - although i did have to haul all of those books down myself
    we were third in line to sign - i felt bad for all of the people behind us - well not too bad - i did have a long drive home. plus pat was cool and said - nah lets just sign everything here and now

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Fun!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see there are Pat fans here. He really is an amazing guy and just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. Plus I don't know of many authors who put themselves so much into charity like Pat does. Neil and Pat are my two special authors. They don't just give back and seem nice for the PR, I think they are genuine good people.

Traveler datalaughing is on a distinguished road

Speaking of the collectible Mr. Rothfuss, who else got ahold of one of these?

They really are some beautiful prints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast