Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Anyone else still watching?

I'm enjoying this season so far and actually think its the best one yet. Which is funny because Finder's Keepers was my least favorite book in the series. I think its the fact that they are only loosely following the book. They took out
    Spoiler:
    the fact of Hodges having cancer and slowing dying. Which is a good thing IMO because they could probably get a few more seasons out of this just on original content.

Adding in the whole story with Lou's trial has been really interesting and gives you something more to follow along than just the kid with the manuscripts.

I've also noticed that the actor that plays Brady hasn't been on at all this season. They keep showing someone that is supposed to be Brady dressed in his ice cream man outfit but they never show his face. Although I'm not complaining because I never really like him anyway. Mostly the character, not the actor. But I guess that's what they were going for. You know the actor is good if you can't stand the character they play.
    Yes!!! I'm enjoying it very much as well and agree with your assessment so far.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://tvline.com/2020/01/08/att-au...es-loudermilk/
    The Audience Network has left the building: AT&T is shuttering its network of original programming after a two-decade run, according to our sister site Variety.

The channel will cease operations this spring and transition into becoming a preview channel for HBO Max, the streaming service also owned by AT&T that’s set to launch in May. “We will begin to transition Audience Network from its current approach to support AT&T’s broader original content and marketing focus on the upcoming HBO Max service,” chief content officer Daniel York said in a statement.

The move leaves several of the network’s original series in limbo: The Stephen King adaptation Mr. Mercedes, starring Brendan Gleeson and Harry Treadway, wrapped up its third season in November, with no word yet on a possible fourth season. Loudermilk, a comedy starring Ron Livingston, was renewed for a third season more than a year ago, but it has yet to air, and polyamory rom-com You Me Her was renewed for a fifth and final season in May.

There’s no official word yet on where these shows might land, but sources say they might continue on HBO Max. “Any future use of Audience Network content will be assessed at a later date,” an AT&T spokesperson says.

Audience Network, formerly known as The 101 when it aired on DirecTV, saved a number of notable shows from cancellation, including NBC’s Friday Night Lights (with three seasons of new episodes airing first on DirecTV), FX’s Damages (which aired an additional two seasons exclusively on DirecTV) and the NBC daytime soap Passions.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I assume if you have DirecTV, you'll still have to pay for the new streaming service.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No, existing AT&T clients with HBO will get HBO Max free of charge.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I have DirectTV but not HBO. So I guess I'm screwed...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, AT&T finally managed to kill "Audience Network"!!! I knew it was only a matter of time. Those shit heads at AT&T fired everyone at HBO/Directv that had an inclining of the content business/entertainment industry almost immediately after the acquisition. From someone that used to own a communications company of his own, AT&T could barely run voice/data communications. They have no business what so ever trying to assimilate an entertainment network into their corporate structure. They started out fucking up Directv services and then started mucking around in the content arena. My forecast is that they will continue to fuck it up for another few years until they can no longer turn a profit and then pack it up and sell it off to a company that can run it.

It's a fucking damn shame what AT&T has done to Directv!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    No, existing AT&T clients with HBO will get HBO Max free of charge.
    Gotcha.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, AT&T finally managed to kill "Audience Network"!!! I knew it was only a matter of time. Those shit heads at AT&T fired everyone at HBO/Directv that had an inclining of the content business/entertainment industry almost immediately after the acquisition. From someone that used to own a communications company of his own, AT&T could barely run voice/data communications. They have no business what so ever trying to assimilate an entertainment network into their corporate structure. They started out fucking up Directv services and then started mucking around in the content arena. My forecast is that they will continue to fuck it up for another few years until they can no longer turn a profit and then pack it up and sell it off to a company that can run it.

As a DirectTV customer, Bill is 100% RIGHT, sadly.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post

100% agree.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

100% agree.

Somewhere, Howard Hughes is turning over in his grave. I've been a DTV customer for over 25 yrs. Originally, it was one of the best run major corporations in the country. It still amazes me how quickly, AT&T managed to fuck it up. It was almost immediately after their acquisition that service started its slide.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised AT&T didn't just move this to HBO Max:

https://deadline.com/2020/09/stephen...ck-1234581146/
    Peacock has acquired crime-thriller drama series Mr. Mercedes, from David E. Kelley based on Stephen King’s bestselling Bill Hodges trilogy.

The first two seasons will premiere exclusively on the NBCUniversal streaming service on Thursday, October 15, with a premiere date for Season 3 TBD. The announcement came Monday, on King’s birthday.

The fate of the series, which previously aired on AT&T Audience Network, had been in limbo since Audience announced in the spring that it was ceasing operations and transitioning into a preview channel for the WarnerMedia streaming service HBO Max, which is also owned by AT&T.

Mr. Mercedes follows a retired detective who is tormented by a serial killer (Brady Hartsfield, aka Mr. Mercedes, played by Harry Treadaway) through a series of letters and e-mails, causing him to set out on a dangerous and potentially felonious crusade to protect his loved ones and himself.

In addition to Treadaway, the series stars Brendan Gleeson, Kelly Lynch, Jharrel Jerome, Mary-Louise Parker, Holland Taylor, Justine Lupe, Breeda Wool, Scott Lawrence, Ann Cusack, Jack Huston, Tessa Ferrer, Maximiliano Hernández, and Nancy Travis.

Kelley and Dennis Lehane wrote and executive produced seasons one and two along with King. Jack Bender serves as director and executive producer.

Mr. Mercedes is produced by Temple Hill Entertainment and Sonar Entertainment.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm maybe I’ll watch it then. Was the show any good?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I enjoyed it. The seasons go out of order compared to the books but follow the gist of the stories pretty well. Some characters get bigger roles in the show than they did in the book.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I enjoyed it. The seasons go out of order compared to the books but follow the gist of the stories pretty well. Some characters get bigger roles in the show than they did in the book.
    Agreed. Season 3 was my favorite.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you are a Star Trek fan, you'll never look at Captain Janeway the same way.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    This is true

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    This is true
    Heh.
    Spoiler:
    I really got the impression Kate Mulgrew enjoyed herself in that role.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    This is true
    Heh.
    Spoiler:
    I really got the impression Kate Mulgrew enjoyed herself in that role.
    Agreed!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Mr. Mercedes Director Jack Bender On The Show’s Peacock Move and Future

Will there be any further production on it if it does well?

Well, we talked about that and that is, potentially, in the offing but at this point there’s no commitment. David Kelley and I have had conversations regarding what season four would look like and some of our younger cast who would come back and what the story could be, because there is some story left there.

Stephen wrote three books, but we definitely have something in mind for a season four if the stars were to come together and we would do it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Mr. Mercedes Director Jack Bender On The Show’s Peacock Move and Future

Will there be any further production on it if it does well?

Well, we talked about that and that is, potentially, in the offing but at this point there’s no commitment. David Kelley and I have had conversations regarding what season four would look like and some of our younger cast who would come back and what the story could be, because there is some story left there.

Stephen wrote three books, but we definitely have something in mind for a season four if the stars were to come together and we would do it.
    If a fourth season could be as good as the last, I'd be down for it.

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first several shows of season one on Peacock. I'm impressed by the acting. Some of the story requires the viewer to engage in TV reality suspension
    Spoiler:
    (i.e. Brady's electronic gizmos and Bill's unwillingness to bring in the experts to track him down instead of using the teenager who mows his lawn)
    but it's still a good time. The commercial breaks are torture though. There seem to be a lot.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I really liked the first two seasons. I’ve yet to watch the third.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was really surprised by how good season one turned out. I recall having a mixed reaction to the book but a lot interesting themes. Brady's sadistic nature including his desire to coerce folks into committing suicide vs when he is almost a sympathetic character. He is a cross between Lee Harvey Oswald and Norman Bates. I do wish King had kept the alternative title to the End of Watch - The Suicide Prince. That makes more sense now after having watched the first season.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A tweet from SK:

Good news for those of you who have read and enjoyed the Bill Hodges trilogy, starting with MR. MERCEDES. Peacock is going to drop the 3rd season--the best one, I think--on March 4th. It's based on FINDERS KEEPERS. Watch for Bruce Dern! He's great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11