Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Bound 'Salem's Lot Books

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;898688]The two biggest changes were:
    [LIST][*]Instead of offering pre-signed copies AND the opportunity to stand in line to see King (8pm-9pm) sign your personal copy of Revival (purchased at the venue), King pre-signed ~360 copies. There was no after-theater-presentation opportunity to have 8 seconds in front of King while he signed your specific copy and perhaps have a quick conversation with King. This change was at King's request/requirement.

my opinion:
    This is just my personal opinion, but I do plan on asking Doris a few questions, but I truly believe the signing event was cancelled after the event because the Bank sponsor had a signing event from 4:30 to 5:30. They knew a few days or week before that they were canceling the signing event. SK presigned all the books days before the event. I ran into an employee of the bank who was "late" for their SK reception as a sponsor he was supposed to be there with about 40 other bank employees. as a $10k sponsor they were treated like royalty, I also think they paid for all food and drink for the reception. our $5k sponsorship did not get us any extra privileges, except front row seats, thanks Jerome!

[*]At the VIP event, King spent only 30 minutes in a room with ~140 people. It started out fine, but there was a little lady (Jane) who began denying some folks photo opportunities, while leading King to people she personally knew (who had a photo op). She was rude enough to put her hand in front of people's cameras to ruin their photo. She was arbitrary, capricious, and malicious.

My opinion:

Jane should of been nicer to the 8 of us, treated others very, very special. she was RUDE and needs to be taken to the woodshed!

I feel sorry for about half the guests at the reception, I think I photo bombed about 1/2 the pictures that were taken! I spotted myself, arm, leg, head, shirt in 12 pictures on the herald website!

ps . I had a blast! I am not complaining, just telling what happened, so that people know what to expect when they go to these things! I was surprised about how quickly things go from bad to good! How organizers change plans daily!

I truly think the plans changed because of the bank sponsorship and/or all of the knuckle head questions they were getting before the event. It was easier for them just to sell the pre signed books. And what a great system they had selling them! one book per ticket, and you cou could stand back in line and buy more if they didn't remember you. barlowe and I could only buy one, My wife bought nine, sometimes two at a time!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I agree Glen the presigned sellers were not nice(or the lady anyways)! The reception should have been handled better for sure! We were lucky enough to catch him before all the sponsors were in the room, but that doesn't help the rest which I feel is wrong, just my thoughts

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Roseannebarr;898738]
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The two biggest changes were:
    [LIST][*]Instead of offering pre-signed copies AND the opportunity to stand in line to see King (8pm-9pm) sign your personal copy of Revival (purchased at the venue), King pre-signed ~360 copies. There was no after-theater-presentation opportunity to have 8 seconds in front of King while he signed your specific copy and perhaps have a quick conversation with King. This change was at King's request/requirement.

my opinion:
    This is just my personal opinion, but I do plan on asking Doris a few questions, but I truly believe the signing event was cancelled after the event because the Bank sponsor had a signing event from 4:30 to 5:30. They knew a few days or week before that they were canceling the signing event. SK presigned all the books days before the event. I ran into an employee of the bank who was "late" for their SK reception as a sponsor he was supposed to be there with about 40 other bank employees. as a $10k sponsor they were treated like royalty, I also think they paid for all food and drink for the reception. our $5k sponsorship did not get us any extra privileges, except front row seats, thanks Jerome!

[*]At the VIP event, King spent only 30 minutes in a room with ~140 people. It started out fine, but there was a little lady (Jane) who began denying some folks photo opportunities, while leading King to people she personally knew (who had a photo op). She was rude enough to put her hand in front of people's cameras to ruin their photo. She was arbitrary, capricious, and malicious.

My opinion:

Jane should of been nicer to the 8 of us, treated others very, very special. she was RUDE and needs to be taken to the woodshed!

I feel sorry for about half the guests at the reception, I think I photo bombed about 1/2 the pictures that were taken! I spotted myself, arm, leg, head, shirt in 12 pictures on the herald website!

ps . I had a blast! I am not complaining, just telling what happened, so that people know what to expect when they go to these things! I was surprised about how quickly things go from bad to good! How organizers change plans daily!

I truly think the plans changed because of the bank sponsorship and/or all of the knuckle head questions they were getting before the event. It was easier for them just to sell the pre signed books. And what a great system they had selling them! one book per ticket, and you cou could stand back in line and buy more if they didn't remember you. barlowe and I could only buy one, My wife bought nine, sometimes two at a time!
    I definitely plan on getting in touch with Jane, and letting her know my feelings on how she handled the VIP event. I would have gotten a picture with King if it wasn't for her incredible rudeness.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    I agree Glen the presigned sellers were not nice(or the lady anyways)! The reception should have been handled better for sure! We were lucky enough to catch him before all the sponsors were in the room, but that doesn't help the rest which I feel is wrong, just my thoughts
    I didn't gave a VIP ticket, but I agree that the lady selling the books was worse then the guy. I ended up with 3 copies of Revival, but she didn't want to sell me one of them, when I went back through the line (she said one per ticket) I told her it was another ticket and since it hadn't been stamped or anything she couldn't really deny me after I argued that. And after the show they still had more so I bought my 3rd copy.

I will say that even though I didn't win a raffle book (only bought one ticket - dumb) , and there was some confusion with the raffle, the ladies there were much more pleasant!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

I agree Brian, I've been debating wether to contact her as well. King seemed to think that people donating the money that they did deserved more/interaction(not the right wording, but close enough), I only say this because when we had are books signed & she was he'll bent on him not he told her they're 5K sponsors & he was going to sign a book for each of us. I think if he had signed a book or a photo with each everyone would have been happy. I'll say the VIP wasn't what I expected but was very happy with getting the outcome I did. I just think that everyone in the room payed a lot & should have recieved equal treatment.

Excuse the auto correct on above post

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I wrote an email to Jane Plitt, expressing my extreme frustration with how she handled the VIP event for anyone who wasn't a $10,000 sponsor. I have no idea if she'll respond, but I'm not really sure if I care. It made me feel better simply letting her know that she was a complete jerk.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    my opinion:
    I was completely unaware about the bank having an earlier reception. We arrived at ~5pm and I didn't see anything going on inside, but if they were upstairs, they wouldn't have been visible anyway. Before I go mentioning that to Doris or Jane, I'd like to get additional verification of that.

Getting it on. at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one has a spectacular aura about at_one's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

So, doe these copies come up for sale at all?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Only seen one re-sold. Went for north of $2K. Not my bag... but to some it is!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by at_one View Post
    Very rarely, and they fetch a pretty price.
    Most of them are in the hands of Collector's who are unlikely to sell anytime soon (that includes 1 book that I own).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Side by side view of the original print, and the second run of prints done by Centipede:

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1st on the left and 2nd on the right?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    1st on the left and 2nd on the right?
    I honestly don't remember. The feel of the paper was slightly different, but the print quality is so close, they are essentially the same.

Really excited to get this signed, it is the one fully bound leather copy with correct picture placement.

Not the custom Betts Bound but excited to add a King signed Lettered 'Salem's Lot CD to my King signed Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Really excited to get this signed, it is the one fully bound leather copy with correct picture placement.
    What makes you so sure it's the only one?

Going on info from your first post in this thread

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

..." At least one burgundy bound book was fully bound in leather (and surprising had the artwork inserted in the correct places) but as of now it’s unknown how many, if any, other colors were used."

I'd love to see another as its a beautiful production.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Not the custom Betts Bound but excited to add a King signed Lettered 'Salem's Lot CD to my King signed Proof
    That's awesome! Are any of your king books in your collection not signed?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to track down a black one, but it's like finding a Great White Buffalo-with a unicorn on its head...

I hope your able to find one out of the 3 variations my favorites are this one and the test binding

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope your able to find one out of the 3 variations my favorites are this one and the test binding
    Agreed. Your full burgundy leather bound with art correctly placed is still the page block trimmed version? Correct?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt - yet again, I'm floored... Amazing.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly outstanding additions Matt!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast