Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1316

Thread: Aftermarket Slipcases & Traycases

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hey Simon,
    Do you know if Jeff has gotten any further on The Tommyknockers case?
    Sorry I missed this.
    I'm currently working on some new designs that he requested (spoiler alert!) so I'll be sure to ask him whats the latest on TommyKnockers.

The new designs are ones Jeff gets a lot of requests for (which if I'm honest was a surprise, as i believe the books are sought after but not everyone has them).
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Would he consider cases for the first few U.K. editions?

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Hey Simon,
    Do you know if Jeff has gotten any further on The Tommyknockers case?
    Sorry I missed this.
    I'm currently working on some new designs that he requested (spoiler alert!) so I'll be sure to ask him whats the latest on TommyKnockers.

The new designs are ones Jeff gets a lot of requests for (which if I'm honest was a surprise, as i believe the books are sought after but not everyone has them).
    More information please! This posting is making my little brain hurt! Carrie Arc? Plant set? New Lieutenants Rap? I could use these three!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jon10g View Post
    Would he consider cases for the first few U.K. editions?
    Funny you should ask

That's exactly what I've been working on. Jeff asked for these as he gets a lot of requests for the first UK books. Considering their rarity, I was quite surprised.

I'm having issues with uploading images, but will post work in progress renders when I can. (NOTE THESE ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET - DO NOT TRY TO ORDER THEM!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Oh, man. I love Jeff’s work, and I collect UK trade editions ...

I’m in a lot of trouble.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

here you go, as I said work in progress, not correctly sized yet...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Break out your wallets/CC's/iPhones etc.

They look really nice.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So which new ones does he have completed and ready to ship?
    Tommyknockers?
    Charlie the Choo Choo?
    Others?

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Charlie the Choo Choo and Geralds Game are available. TommyKnockers is currently unavailable due to some issues with the stamping plate.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Charlie the Choo Choo and Geralds Game are available. TommyKnockers is currently unavailable due to some issues with the stamping plate.
    Thank you for the info.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

They look great. Like, irresistibly, better-hide-my-credit-card great.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

That’s great news! Many thanks.

here you go, as I said work in progress, not correctly sized yet...

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, I really wish he had some nice US ones of the doubleday ones. I would double dip for sure.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

He does
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    He does
    Huh, I have never seen one. The ones I have (some of which were recently purchased) are just like the ones at the top of this page:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...rket+Slipcases

Are their other variations that are more based on the artwork of the DJ?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No, those are the original designs I did (and the only ones I actually planned to do!). It was only later that i experimented more with the actual book art.

Having said that, the art on US Carrie and The Shining are not easily transposed to the single colour image needed for a stamp plate. Night Shift is simple text (probably wouldn't have looked much different). I may have been able work with the town image in the US 'O' of 'salems, but The Stand is the only one that I would have been able to do something creative with.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Simon,

On a different topic, when did King say that quote in your sig?
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Thanks Simon,

On a different topic, when did King say that quote in your sig?
    It's a quote from an essay he wrote in 1985 called "The Politics of Limited Editions". It appeared in 2 parts in the Castle Rock newsletters. (which as an aside, I have a full set). The two parts are in Vol 1 No. 6 and Volume 1 No. 7.

This particular excerpt also appears in a book by Rocky Wood called "Stephen King: The non-Fiction" (which I also have).

Oh and I nearly forgot. The essay was actually published as one off - See here and was discussed on this thread (now this one I DON'T have! )

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting on behalf of Kerry (Sentinel). He has had these made for the Stand comics.

S

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice. I had Jeff make me some plain ones for my Locke & Key comics.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Posting on behalf of Kerry (Sentinel). He has had these made for the Stand comics.

S
    Thanks Simon!
    Please contact Jeff if you are interested in slipcases for the Stand Comics. If enough people are interested we can do all
    six sets of the comics for a full set. Thanks!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

S
    Thanks Simon!
    Please contact Jeff if you are interested in slipcases for the Stand Comics. If enough people are interested we can do all
    six sets of the comics for a full set. Thanks!
    Looks nice! I don't have the comics, but I do have the 6 graphic novels. So if a case was made for the 6 graphics novels together, I would consider it.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New Gunslinger case available soon from Jeff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to suggest that he make a 2nd Edition plate too.....either that or omit FIRST EDITION from the spine.

I like it....a lot!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I'm going to suggest that he make a 2nd Edition plate too.....either that or omit FIRST EDITION from the spine.

I like it....a lot!
    How do we feel about changing it to just "Trade Edition" that way it covers 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 LastLast