Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Movie Thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure the script is done, but I don't see it getting made. I think Origins only made about $400,000. Sound of My Voice was supposed to be the first in a trilogy, but that never seemed to get off the ground either.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked it, especially how it presented thoughtful cases for both science and religion, rather than picking one over the other. I do think it slowed down a bit after
    Spoiler:
    Sofi died in the elevator, though. I really liked her character and wished she would've stayed around a little longer.

Also, did you know that it's a prequel to a film they haven't even made yet? They wanted to make a film called "I", but it was too expensive and complicated, so they made I Origins as an origin story before the events of "I". I just found that out yesterday.
    No! I haven't heard that! I wish they make it too. Because it sounds like a it is a more complicated movie.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    8. Muppets Most Wanted
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

How was Muppets Most Wanted?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Amazing Spiderman 2
    2. Edge of Tomorrow
    3. Inherent Vice

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    How was Muppets Most Wanted?
    It was quite funny... a good movie when the weather sucks and you're not feeling the greatest! Loved the nod to The Shawshank Redemption.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2015 List

The Babadook
    Chinatown
    If I Stay
    The Double
    Inherent Vice

Feev, what did you think of Inherent Vice, saw it this weekend too. It was ok, but somewhat confusing. I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Double (RW) *****
    Whiplash (RW) *****
    Love Is Strange ****
    Birdman *****
    See No Evil 2 ***
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev, what did you think of Inherent Vice, saw it this weekend too. It was ok, but somewhat confusing. I feel like I'm missing the bigger picture?
    I loved it, but it is indeed a very.. unconventional picture. I'll post a review later.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I loved it, but it is indeed a very.. unconventional picture. I'll post a review later.
    Excellent, you better go into a lot of detail!

I guess my main question is
    Spoiler:
    what did Shasta have to do with it? Was she just concerned about her boyfriend, and these other things just randomly all tied together? But she did know about the Golden Fang? So what was the deal with her boyfriend, was that storyline about him getting put into an institution completely separate, because nothing really came of it once we found out where he was?

2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014

2015:
    1. Misery
    2. Bi Küçük Eylül Meselesi
    3. PK
    4. Kick-Ass 2
    5. Carrie
    6. If I Stay
    7. The Theory of Everything
    8. Before I Go To Sleep
    9. Into The Woods
    10. The Equalizer
    11. Happy New Year

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    [*]Before I Go To Sleep
    Jealous! I wanted to see this when I first heard about it (and even read the book beforehand) but it was only at my local theater for about a week. I didn't know the run would be so short there, so I missed it. Still waiting for the DVD release. How was it?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

[*]Before I Go To Sleep
    Jealous! I wanted to see this when I first heard about it (and even read the book beforehand) but it was only at my local theater for about a week. I didn't know the run would be so short there, so I missed it. Still waiting for the DVD release. How was it?
    I heard it was a mess. It has a great cast though, I especially love Mark strong. Should be interesting to hear your thoughts.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    [*]Before I Go To Sleep
    I heard it was a mess. It has a great cast though, I especially love Mark strong. Should be interesting to hear your thoughts.
    If you blind yourself and try hard not to see plot holes you can enjoy it Ricky. Acting is really good like Mike said.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Amazing Spiderman 2
    2. Edge of Tomorrow
    3. Inherent Vice
    4. Robocop (2014)

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

BOYHOOD
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

Foxcatcher
    The Skeleton Twins
    Maleficent
    Life Itself
    The Grand Budapest Hotel
    Outland
    The Imitation Game
    The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
    Taken 3
    Jodorowsky's Dune

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Imitation Game
    Are we getting a review for this?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Imitation Game
    Are we getting a review for this?
    Probably not a full review, I'll have a mini paragraph review shortly. You should definitely see it. It's really well done and Cumberbatch is fantastic. Keira Knightley is also very good.

There's a huge aspect to the story that is vaguely hinted at in the trailer. I think a lot of people who are unfamiliar with Turing's story were probably caught off guard. That aspect of the film packs an emotional wallop.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    Be still, Cody.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant
    Be still, Cody.
    I felt more for his relationship with Cody than I did at any time in that movie with him and his son.

Especially when they are sailing away. Not a bad movie, but not one of Anderson's best either.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, aside from Bottle Rocket it's easily his worst film. Probably why I only watched it once a long time ago.

The Double (RW) *****
    Whiplash (RW) *****
    Love Is Strange ****
    Birdman *****
    See No Evil 2 ***
    The Imitation Game *****
    American Sniper *****

You didn't like Bottle Rocket? I've been wanting to go back and rewatch it. I saw it when it was first released and remember really enjoying it. However it was so long ago that I can't really remember what happens in it

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't big on Bottle Rocket either, tbh. I watched it a few years ago and came away largely unimpressed.

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

2015 List:

Les Diaboliques
    Exodus: Gods and Kings
    I Origins
    The Guest