Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Movie Thread

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2015 Movie Thread

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

Foxcatcher
    The Skeleton Twins
    Maleficent

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Foxcatcher
    Go away, Mike.

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Past Years Links:

blue = at the theater, red = dvd or streaming, * = rewatch.

2015 Movies:

1. The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies
    2. Top Five
    3. Inherent Vice
    4. American Sniper

(begin Sundance)
    5. The Witch
    6. A Walk in the Woods
    7. The Overnight
    8. Knock Knock
    9. Dope
    10. Z for Zacariah
    11. Cop Car
    12. Going Clear
    13. I Smile Back
    14. Hellions
    15. The Diary of a Teenage Girl
    16. Take Me to the River
    17. The Nightmare
    18. The Tribe
    19. (T)error
    20. 99 Homes
    21. Reversal
    22. Results
    23. The Stanford Prison Expirament
    24. Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck
    25. How to Change the World
    26. Finders Keepers
    27. Stockholm, PA
    28. It Follows
    29.Racing Extinction
    30. Wolfpack
    31. Sleeping With Other People

(end Sundance)
    32. Birdman
    33. The Imitation Game

34. The Judge
    35. X-men: Days of Future Past
    36. CitizenFour
    37. The Grand Budapest Hotel
    38. Silver Linings Playbook
    39. The Theory of Everything
    40. A Serious Man
    41. Ain't Them Bodies Saints
    42. Kagemusha
    43. Bad Words
    44. Calvalry

45. Avengers: Age of Ultron
    46. Mad Max: Fury Road
    47. Tomorrowland
    48. Mad Max: Fury Road*

49. War Horse
    50. Mr. Turner
    51. Touch of Evil

52. Amy
    53. Pandorum
    54. As Above, So Below

55. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
    56. Looper
    57. Taken 2
    58. Elysium
    59. Sinister
    60. Nightcrawler

61. The Martian
    62. Sicario
    63. The Walk

64. Bottle Rocket*
    65. Moonrise Kingdom
    66. Rushmore*
    67. The Darjeeling Limited
    68. The Secret of Kells
    69. Pineapple Express

70. Black Mass
    71. Crimson Peak
    72. Bridge of Spies

73. The Royal Tenenbaums*
    74. The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
    75. The Purge
    76. The Lincoln Lawyer
    77. Whitey: USA vs James J Bulger
    78. Noah
    79. Big Eyes

80. Spectre
    81. The Zero Theorem
    82. Jabberwocky
    83. Lee Daniel's The Butler
    84. Exodus: Gods & Kings
    85. The Wolverine
    86. Lucy
    87. Wild
    88. The Last Exorcism
    89. Me & Earl & the Dying Girl
    90. Inside Llewyn Davis
    91. Unbroken
    92. Bobby

93. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    94. The Hateful Eight: 70mm Roadshow

95. Pulp Fiction*
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 12-29-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Foxcatcher
    Go away, Mike.

I got lucky.

My sister got my Mom tickets to see White Christmas at the Shubert Theatre in New Haven. I tagged along to go see Foxcatcher. I've never been to that theater before and I knew that I'd better take the opportunity to see Foxcatcher just in case it doesn't open closer to me.

New Haven is a big city and they tend to get films like Foxcatcher. It's not that New Haven is very far, it's just that it's a pain in the ass to go down there. You have to pay for parking and the prices for a ticket are crazy. It cost 11 bucks to see Foxcatcher and that was a matinee. A small popcorn and a kids soda were 10 bucks.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. A new theater opened here over the summer (about a half hour away) and that's the only one in the area playing Foxcatcher. I've never been there, but just don't feel like driving even further out of the way, dealing with parking, etc. It looks like a nice theater, but I'm hoping my regular AMC shows Foxcatcher as we get deeper into Oscar season (they're usually pretty good at playing the nominees). I guess I'm just a creature of habit.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2015 List

The Babadook
    Chinatown

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather, how did you like The Babadook?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know what you mean. A new theater opened here over the summer (about a half hour away) and that's the only one in the area playing Foxcatcher. I've never been there, but just don't feel like driving even further out of the way, dealing with parking, etc. It looks like a nice theater, but I'm hoping my regular AMC shows Foxcatcher as we get deeper into Oscar season (they're usually pretty good at playing the nominees). I guess I'm just a creature of habit.
    I'm sure they will. Does your AMC do the thing where they play all the nominated films a few days before Oscar night? I know there was a poster around here that goes to that every year. I can't remember who.

Country
    Country Flag

I think that's me! Though, I haven't been in a few years. The first year I went it was at my local theater (one of my favorite theater experiences), then AMC decided to let another theater (an hour away) do it. I didn't like the way they ran it (or the hour commute) so I didn't go again after the second year. I keep hoping they'll bring it back to my local theater, but it hasn't been for the past two years.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that's me! Though, I haven't been in a few years. The first year I went it was at my local theater (one of my favorite theater experiences), then AMC decided to let another theater (an hour away) do it. I didn't like the way they ran it (or the hour commute) so I didn't go again after the second year. I keep hoping they'll bring it back to my local theater, but it hasn't been for the past two years.
    I thought that was you!!

I think about doing it every year, but by the time they are running it, I've already seen almost every film.

Country
    Country Flag

That's usually the reason that I do do it. Because I haven't seen every film.

The past few years, I've just been seeing the BP nominees individually in the theater after they're announced (usually a nominee or two will be on DVD by the time of the Oscars, too).

Also, I keep thinking of how fun it would be if all of the regular film posters here got together and went to the movies. That would be the best.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Heather, how did you like The Babadook?
    One of the best horrors I've seen recently. I highly recommend it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, I keep thinking of how fun it would be if all of the regular film posters here got together and went to the movies. That would be the best.
    I actually dreamed we did that a few years back. The film we saw was Weekend at Bernie's. (Dreams, huh?)

That would be a lot of fun though. You never know.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Theatre by me had all the oscar films playing for weeks.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

I actually dreamed we did that a few years back. The film we saw was Weekend at Bernie's. (Dreams, huh?)
    What a film for us to all watch

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Amazing Spiderman 2

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Black Mirror (British Series)

A dark series that is pretty awesome. I think many SK fans would appreciate this show.

G
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014

2015:
    1. Misery
    2. Bi Küçük Eylül Meselesi
    3. PK

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thegunslinger41 View Post
    A dark series that is pretty awesome. I think many SK fans would appreciate this show.

G
    I heard that was a good show. Black Mirror is on Netflix I think.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Double (RW) *****
    Whiplash (RW) *****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How was PK, Melike? It's playing by me, wondering if I should go.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Do you like Bollywood? It was funny, enjoyable, absurd. It is one of the best movies of Bollywood and I watched almost everything they got even the worst ones...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just like good movies, regardless of where they come from. The trailer looked fun and apparently it's the highest-grossing Indian film of all time. I posted the trailer just the other day in the trailers thread here.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast