Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Movie Thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

How was The Guest Ricky? Its near the top of my list to watch.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really enjoyed it. It's a good thriller mixed in with an interesting horror vibe. I think you would enjoy it.

I posted a review in the Rate thread if you're interested.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a heads up for those interested. The Guest is now on Redbox. Everybody should check it out for that price.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    8. Muppets Most Wanted
    9. Prisoners
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

2015 List

The Babadook
    Chinatown
    If I Stay
    The Double
    Inherent Vice
    Troop Beverly Hills *
    The Royal Tenenbaums
    The Believer
    Coherence

*rewatch

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather! What did you think of Coherence?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I really enjoyed it. It was a pretty different film. Reminded me of the Twilight Zone.

Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed it. I wish there would be more films like it released.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Double (RW) *****
    Whiplash (RW) *****
    Love Is Strange ****
    Birdman *****
    See No Evil 2 ***
    The Imitation Game *****
    American Sniper *****
    Funny People (RW) *****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List

2015 List:

Les Diaboliques
    Exodus: Gods and Kings
    I Origins
    The Guest
    Foxcatcher
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This weekend, I'm catching The Imitation Game, American Sniper, and Boyhood.

Will just need Whiplash and Birdman under my belt.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed American Sniper. It's not better than Hurt Locker, but it's pretty intense. I viewed it as a movie, blocking out all the extra stuff that has come out recently. The supporting cast outside of Sienna Miller is faceless and nameless and they really do build up Kyle as the savior of the war. He's portrayed as the most heroic and most competent of the soldiers we see.

The film is one-sided, but that doesn't bother me. We are seeing the war from Kyle's eyes, through his scope if you will. This is how many of the soldiers viewed the people they were fighting against, and in some cases, the people they were there to liberate. Eastwood has shown the other side of the enemy in Letters From Iwo Jima, so I take offense to the people who are knocking him for being an overly patriotic old fart.

I just need to see Selma and I've seen all of the films nominated for Best Picture.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I enjoyed American Sniper. It's not better than Hurt Locker, but it's pretty intense.
    It's funny. I went into The Hurt Locker thinking I wouldn't like it, and went into Zero Dark Thirty thinking I'd love it. It was the opposite for both films.

I just need to see Selma and I've seen all of the films nominated for Best Picture.
    Wow. You're ahead of the game. I haven't seen any yet (though I've seen some of the "second tier" nominees like Wild, Gone Girl, Foxcatcher, etc.).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    8. Muppets Most Wanted
    9. Prisoners
    10. The Interview
    *rewatch

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

2009 - 2010 - 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - 2014

2015:
    1. Misery
    2. Bi Küçük Eylül Meselesi
    3. PK
    4. Kick-Ass 2
    5. Carrie
    6. If I Stay
    7. The Theory of Everything
    8. Before I Go To Sleep
    9. Into The Woods
    10. The Equalizer
    11. Happy New Year
    12. The Last Airbender
    13. The Amazing Spider-Man
    14. The Thing 1982

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

whoa nellie!

Sundance is in full swing!

Here is what I have seen so far...

The Witch
    A Walk in the Woods
    The Overnight
    Knock Knock
    Dope
    Z for Zachariah
    Cop Car
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Amazing Spiderman 2
    2. Edge of Tomorrow
    3. Inherent Vice
    4. Robocop (2014)
    5. [REC] 2
    6. The Imitation Game

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    8. Muppets Most Wanted
    9. Prisoners
    10. The Interview
    11. Maximum Overdrive*
    12. Desperation*
    13. Session 9
    *rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    whoa nellie!

The Witch
    A Walk in the Woods
    The Overnight
    Knock Knock
    Dope
    Z for Zachariah
    Cop Car
    Nice! I was thinking about you the other day wondering if you were there. Did you like Z for Zachariah? I think that one looks interesting. I also happen to really like Margot Robbie.

Ricky, you have some good movie watching ahead of you. You won't love everything, but I think you will come away entertained.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Letters From Iwo Jima
    Best war movie ever.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gonna try to remember everything I've seen so far ... only including movies I haven't seen before in their entirety

1. 42
    2. Lone Survivor
    3. The Princess and the Frog
    4. Burlesque
    5. Dirty Dancing
    6. Lucy

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

1. The Amazing Spiderman 2
    2. Edge of Tomorrow
    3. Inherent Vice
    4. Robocop (2014)
    5. [REC] 2
    6. The Imitation Game
    7. The Talented Mr. Ripley

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List

1. Tristan & Isolde*
    3. Hell Baby
    4. Dark City
    5. Blade Runner*
    6. Devil's Due
    7. Divergent
    8. Muppets Most Wanted
    9. Prisoners
    10. The Interview
    11. Maximum Overdrive*
    12. Desperation*
    13. Session 9
    14. Seven*
    15. 12 Years A Slave
    *rewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    whoa nellie!

The Witch
    A Walk in the Woods
    The Overnight
    Knock Knock
    Dope
    Z for Zachariah
    Cop Car
    Very cool, what ones should we look out for? Also how was The Witch?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, ditto.

I heard Knock Knock wasn't very good. It was only one review though.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast