Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't expecting to see Ratt.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ratt's!

My entire original (USA releases anyway) King Crimson vinyl collection from the late 60s, early 70s:

Which, I am the first to admit, isn't very impressive, and I can't believe I took the shrinkwrap off of ISLANDS. What was I thinking!?!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't tell me you listened to a record?

Rip all that crummy decades old shrink-wrap and get proper record sleeves on. Make sure you store the LP outside the cover (but inside the plastic sleeve) to prevent seam splits and ringwear.

I'm not sure how picky you are about owning first pressings, limited colours etc. but sometimes you don't know what you have until you look at the matrix or a minor change on the inner sleeve etc.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

WAY too late for that!
    These are not all of my albums, but most of them have been listened to many times, and only the ones bought in recent years are unopened. Some corners are a bit bumped and some have a bit of wear here and there, although I have always taken great care to keep my possessions as pristine as possible since I signed that contract in hemoglobin with the horned gentleman guaranteeing I could take everything with me when I go.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I know that guy. I see him down at the crossroads all the time! The guy ALWAYS has a light for your smoke.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Do you even Metallica bro?

No need to post the full albums (the only four they've written before they broke up - at least in my mind), everyone knows what those look like. I have the originals and remasters. No big difference in sound TBH.

Jump in the Fire and Creeping Death are 12" maxi singles with songs later compiled on Garage Days. Kill Em All is the original picture disc, Metal Up Your Ass is the demo. I also have the No Life Till Leather demo tape somewhere.

I still need to get the One 12" maxi single and the Euro pressing with Jump and Creeping on a single LP.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Do you even Metallica bro?

No need to post the full albums (the only four they've written before they broke up - at least in my mind), everyone knows what those look like. I have the originals and remasters. No big difference in sound TBH.

Jump in the Fire and Creeping Death are 12" maxi singles with songs later compiled on Garage Days. Kill Em All is the original picture disc, Metal Up Your Ass is the demo. I also have the No Life Till Leather demo tape somewhere.

I still need to get the One 12" maxi single and the Euro pressing with Jump and Creeping on a single LP.
    I have the limited edition reissue of the first four albums & the $5.98 EP Garage Days Re-Revisited. That's the only vinyl. I have a bunch of other Metallica stuff on DVD, CD, cassette and VHS.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

I am deeply and abjectly ashamed that I own not a single Metallica 45, cassette tape, 8-track, reel-to-reel, laser-disc, VHS tape, Beta-tape, album or CD. I will appropriately flagellate myself, never fear!

But, on the bright side, I do have these nifty vinyl objects!

ZZ Top Legs extended version LP
    ZZ Top extended version Sleeping Bag LP
    ZZ Top La Futura LP still sealed
    Weird Al Yankovic Alpocalypse LP still sealed

Country
    Country Flag

Noice. You might find this interesting, I just bought it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Just-Got-Pa...53.m1438.l2649

There are a couple more but don't pay those prices. The seller accepted my $10 offer. I'm a big Mastodon fan and this was the final piece of the puzzle in their vinyl collection. I'm missing a box set here and there but none of those have any exclusive music. They're kind of like those King box sets; a nice slipcase that looks great on the shelf but you already have the original first printings.

That is pretty "noice". I never heard of Mastodon though. I am naive about a lot of the musical scene, daddy-o!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

If you like metal; you WILL like Mastodon! For your first listen, I recommend the album; Crack the Skye.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Metallica will soon release their S&M2 recordings.

I just pre-ordered the box set.

The LIMITED EDITION deluxe box is the only version of S&M2 to include two half/half LPs, two half/half splatter LPs, exclusive 28-page book featuring photos by Anton Corbijn, two CDs, Blu-Ray, five guitar picks, 24x36 poster, sheet music, and download card.

This is the best price I could find. Even better than the fan club price. You can also get an additional 10% off as a first time buyer.
    https://www.popmarket.com/featured-p...P&sw=metallica
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally picked up a white vinyl Let It Be.

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    Finally picked up a white vinyl Let It Be.
    Jealous!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this elsewhere on TDT, but a decent shop from which to buy vinyl is Plaid Room Records (https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/). I avoid vinyl like the plague myself, but I’ve had to buy (and troubleshoot) some for a family member, and PRR has a wide selection (including special releases), but more importantly is very responsive if you have questions or problems (one of their people wrote me two e-mails and spent 10 minutes on the phone with me to assist with something he knew I wasn't going to return or ask for a refund for, and taught me a lot).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Black Sabbath collection, so far.
    Inspired by Jerad's newsletter.
    All American releases.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a sick collection broski

Thanks!
    Darn, I forgot about these Rhino-Records 180 gram re-releases, all still sealed:

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You got any Floyd? Stones?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

y wife and kids made me put my 800+ Cd's into storage. Anybody out there collect these? All classic Rock with an emphasis on "Live" albums. Clapton, Allman bros., Aerosmith, AC/DC, The Who, Pink Floyd you name it I have it. You could probably start your own radion channel with this collection!!!!!

Also haved 30-50 Vinyl just collecting dust in the same vein.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bill,
    dig them out and play them,
    play them LOUD!

I have some of Mister Floyd's stuff and Some Stone's stuff too, maybe I'll take some pictures of them.

These seem to be becoming more and more collectible, both still sealed:

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Bill,
    dig them out and play them,
    play them LOUD!

I have some of Mister Floyd's stuff and Some Stone's stuff too, maybe I'll take some pictures of them.

These seem to be becoming more and more collectible, both still sealed:

75% complete with putting them in digital format. I still listen, my friend!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Pink Floyd, RELICS:

Pink Floyd, ATOM HEART MOTHER
    The Rolling Stones, STICKY FINGERS Special Edition from Target only

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Pink Floyd, ATOM HEART MOTHER
    Does your copy (if you’ve opened it) have the drips in the run-off groove on side 2? I wonder if they still press the vinyl that way.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast