Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

You bet!
    I just got the CD version of all those LPs.
    It better be good Garbage, or else!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...or else you'll have to take it out?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Luckily it's good Garbage!
    Listened to it yesterday.

NO TIME TO DIE Girl Power picture disc:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

NO TIME TO DIE Japanese single:

I now realize that Japanese single is a CD and not vinyl!
    I will sufficiently punish myself for my lapse of judgement in posting a picture of it!
    Howsomewhatnevertheless, the following is a 45RPM VINYL single, the BLACK FRIDAY Limited Edition of the unreleased (but is IS released, I'm holding it) original demo of "No Time to Die" on Side B. Side A is the same tune live from the Brits Awards (never heard of them until now).
    I hope this is a good tune, since I have not heard it yet.
    Now that I have the Blu-Ray I can finally watch the movie and hear the music (after my brother is done with it, that is).
    VERY hard to take a picture of this, the black is just a huge glare every time I use the flash.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wonder what the CD would sound like on the phonograph.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Not good!
    I finally watched the movie! I really liked it, but found the title song immediately forgettable. I'll have to listen to it a few more times I guess.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Not good!
    I finally watched the movie! I really liked it, but found the title song immediately forgettable.

Is it because it's in Japanese?

Not good!
    I finally watched the movie! I really liked it, but found the title song immediately forgettable.

Is it because it's in Japanese?
    I don't know why, but that made me laugh!
    Yesterday I received another Girl Power NO TIME TO DIE picture disc in the mail. I have no recollection of sending for a 2nd copy. It was either my or a seller's error. Whatever, I'm keeping it!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Time for my annual "playing of the "Bag of Bones" collectible "Phonograph and accessories". Battery still working (barely) lol!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Neil Young and Insane Equine, BARN:

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Neil Young!
    Now I'm officially jealous!!

I love Neil Young!
    All available at Amazon, I even ordered the cassette, but it didn't come with those. According to the website, only one cassette was left, but that's not necessarily true.
    I just checked Young's recent output and I am WAY behind on his stuff!
    What's good between PEACE TRAIL and BARN, none of which I have?

Jethro Tull THE ZEALOT GENE, in a confusing array of formats, of which I think I have them all covered, with two more still coming:

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Neil Young!
    All available at Amazon, I even ordered the cassette, but it didn't come with those. According to the website, only one cassette was left, but that's not necessarily true.

I'd say Colorado. Mostly because I enjoy Help Me Lose My Mind...there's just something about it. The guitar work etc.

I love Neil Young!

I'd say Colorado. Mostly because I enjoy Help Me Lose My Mind...there's just something about it. The guitar work etc.
    Thanks.
    It seems to be getting good reviews (which I never trust anyway)
    I ordered the CD and vinyl versions.

It may look the same, but it's the limited Red Vinyl edition of The Zealot Gene.
    Also on display is a randomly pulled 45 RPM single from my vast collection (okay, it's not really that vast):

Neil Young, COLORADO, CD and Vinyl set.
    The double vinyl set comes with a 7" single containing two songs not on the album, which I'll probably never hear since I don't plan on opening it.
    What worries me is that this came in a very flimsy plastic bag instead of Amazon's usual flimsy cardboard box, although all was in great shape. There is probably a cardboard shortage. If my merchandise from Amazon starts arriving damaged because of this I'll just send it back!

I apologize for the blatant nudity, but here is the 30th Anniversary (holy moley, how the time flies!) vinyl edition of NEVERMIND, with a 7" single included.
    Ever wonder where that little tyke is now? I haven't.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I apologize for the blatant nudity, but here is the 30th Anniversary (holy moley, how the time flies!) vinyl edition of NEVERMIND, with a 7" single included.
    Ever wonder where that little tyke is now? I haven't.
    He's been capitalizing on the image and simultaneously suing Nirvana. He lost the first suit but has since refiled.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, the man who appeared on the cover as a child wants the cover art permanently changed. Spencer Elden, who is now 30, filed a lawsuit against the band last month after claiming he has suffered "lifelong damages" from Nirvana knowingly producing "commercial child pornography" with the 1991 album cover

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, the man who appeared on the cover as a child wants the cover art permanently changed. Spencer Elden, who is now 30, filed a lawsuit against the band last month after claiming he has suffered "lifelong damages" from Nirvana knowingly producing "commercial child pornography" with the 1991 album cover
    In response to the lawsuit a Nirvana spokesperson said, "Nevermind."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    In response to the lawsuit a Nirvana spokesperson said, "Nevermind."

EXCELLENT!!!

I didn't even see it coming.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of album art, I have pieces done by, Roger Dean of, YES, Uriah Heep and ASIA fame. I also have quite a few pieces by, Ron Wood of the Stones. 2 are his interpetations of cover art for, Eric Clapton, "Crossroads" and "Unplugged" as well as other pieces. I don't know if it's germane here but I could post pics if you all like.

EDIT: Two of the Roger Dean pieces are the a;bum art for "Tales from Topographical Oceans" and the "Yes Logo".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Roger Dean's work is amazing - post away.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast