Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys noticed a lot of, Bowie tunes showing up in movies and TV shows? Ziggy, Moonage daydream, Starman and a few others have appeared on, God's Favorite Idiot. Stranger things, etc, etc
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Mark Twain

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

ZZ Top RAW, BLACK vinyl version:

https://i.imgur.com/c312Uth.jpg

Which went on my latest record shelf.
    Once this is filled I have no idea where the new vinyl will go!

https://i.imgur.com/nqNtOiq.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I apologize for not posting a political or movie-oriented post, but here is the Tangerine-colored vinyl edition of RAW by ZZ Top.
    I used the X-Ray glasses I ordered from the back of Whiz-Bang! Comics #1 to confirm this without removing the shrink-wrap.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

No vinyl here (although there is a truncated red vinyl version available), but just in case any Judas Priest mega-fans missed this, which is too steep for me at the moment else I'd have ordered one for myself:

https://judasprieststore.shop.musict...ox-set?cp=null

Walmart exclusive Ghostly Grey Vinyl of RAW.
    Ringo Star box set of three 45 RPM singles.

The RAW LP has a damaged left bottom corner, obviously there before being put in the box since the packaging was perfect and undamaged.

With the recent purchase of SONGS FROM THE WOOD, I now have all the currently available Steven Wilson re-mixed CD/DVD anniversary edition boxed sets of Jethro Tull's catalog.
    Here they are ganging up on the US vinyl release of SONGS FROM THE WOOD:

https://i.imgur.com/RnAtbvB.jpg

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    With the recent purchase of SONGS FROM THE WOOD, I now have all the currently available Steven Wilson re-mixed CD/DVD anniversary edition boxed sets of Jethro Tull's catalog.
    Wilson does nice work.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If you stacked those up they'd be thick as a brick.

It always bugged me that the lyrics aren't "AS thick as a brick".
    Maybe that's why I never bought that album, now much to my regret.
    I am WAY too picky, shame on me!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It always bugged me that the lyrics aren't "AS thick as a brick".
    Maybe that's why I never bought that album, now much to my regret.
    I am WAY too picky, shame on me!
    My oldest sister got into R&B and gave me all her rock albums in the mid seventies. Thick as a Brick was one of them. The idea of a whole album being one song was a mind-blowing concept.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have never forgiven ZZ Top for Eliminator.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll bite, what don't you like about ELIMINATOR?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll bite, what don't you like about ELIMINATOR?
    Yeah, fuzzy guitars are cool.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

That fucking constant hi-hat.

It ruined many good tunes on that album.

How can you tell who's wearing what kind of hat when listening to recorded music?

Spoiler:
    Can you tell I'm not a musician?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

How can you tell who's wearing what kind of hat when listening to recorded music?

Spoiler:
    Can you tell I'm not a musician?

Only because the long beard amplifies the sound of their hats.

No beards on these guys but I can still hear the percussion.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I liked the strangely rural direction in which they went for that video.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Great song, but I have a sneaking suspicion that dog was lyp-synching.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD THIS????????????????

Pretty fucking rocking "New" music. Best I've heard in a while and there is a rather smoking guitar solo in there that would cut some heads off!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

I have seen that before!
    Somebody must have recommended it.
    It's pretty good.

I was getting worried about my huge order of AGAINST THE ODDS by Blondie, which contains vinyl, CDs and who the heck knows what else, so I sent an inquiry to the place I nearly spent a grand on all this junk for, since they were supposed to send it all out on August 26!
    I received a reply saying the 3CD set (which I think is sold out) has been delayed until September 30!

My new mantra is "Delay is inevitable."
    Repeat after me, "Delay is....

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

What are they? An airline???

Possibly, and now I wait for Patient Number 9, which I patiently wait for on September 9.
    Coincidentally, 9-9 is also my dog's birthday!
    Happy 5th birthday, Clara!

Patient Number 9 Target Limited Edition Transparent Red & Black Marbled Vinyl:

Bought at Target, great shape.

https://i.imgur.com/XqUG9Eq.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast