Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The 7" single of BEAST OF BURDEN/WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN included in the super deluxe edition of SOME GIRLS from 2011 which I just got around to opening up and listening to today.
    Better late than never.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I am listening to my box set THE RETURN OF THE MANTICORE for the 2nd time after I bought it back in 1993, so I took out my Emerson Lake & Palmer LPs for a photo-op.
    Only Palmer is left now.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Here you go all you grunge or whatever it's called fans.
    I've got a feeling that here goes another $500 or so of my American dollars, sheesh!

https://www.amazon.com/Nevermind-30t...s=music&sr=1-3

Newest Black Sabbath release, TECHNICAL ECSTASY in 4CD and 5LP sets, manufactured in Deutschland:

The name is Bond...James Bond,
    ...now available on 33 and a third vinyl records...

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    ...now available on 33 and a third vinyl records...

Wow, Grandpa, that's a lot of records. But how to they make a 1/3 record play, Grandpa?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Very carefully!

This is the IMAGINE 2LP white vinyl release which I'll probably never open.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

New deluxe box set! I've been eagerly anticipating this one.

Mine came today too! (along with a 30th Anniversary Edition of THE VISIT by Loreena McKennitt)
    And since I just love being in debt up to my ears, I had to order every version of it I could find.

The CD set comes with the original lyrics, later discarded:

And in my hour of darkness there’s a bright light right in front of me,
    move over, Mother Mary, I can’t see the Tee – e – e – e – v.
    And don’t touch that remote control,
    hand it right over now to me.
    Do not change the channel,
    let it be now, you just let it be.
    Let it be,
    Let it be,
    Let it be, now
    Let it be.
    There will be a commercial,
    Then you can bo – o – o – o - other me.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

And since I just love being in debt up to my ears, I had to order every version of it I could find.
    I also got the CD deluxe set and the hi-res digital album, but I managed to convince myself not to get the single LP and CD versions. For now…

Believe it or not, I've never heard the Glyn Johns mix of the album before, so I'm excited to dig in!

Me too, I am behind in listening to my deluxe sets, but am hoping to catch up, with TATTOO YOU and LA WOMAN both on the way.

LET IT BE 50th Anniversary Edition picture disc and single CD edition, both slated to possibly be:

A. Opened by my beneficiaries
    B. Thrown out by my beneficiaries
    C. Listened to by my beneficiaries and treasured forever (hah!)
    D. Sold on E-Bay of the future ASAP by my beneficiaries
    E. Given away by my beneficiaries
    F. Used as Frisbees by my beneficiaries

TATTOO YOU anniversary edition picture disc, with the new cassette!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...(along with a 30th Anniversary Edition of THE VISIT by Loreena McKennitt)...
    She is awesome.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

TATTOO YOU, The Rolling Stones, 40th Anniversary Edition, every configuration you've always wanted but were too sensible to buy, including 5LP set, CD set, single album set, double album set and I forget what else:

THE BEST OF BOND limited GOLD record edition, number 723 of 1120 copies (pressings?)

More vinyl today.
    NO TIME TO DIE; Picture discs and White Vinyl (even though in the original shipping box, three corners crushed, sheesh!), and BEAUTIFUL GARBAGE, bunch of remastered LPs and B-sides.

Believe it or not, there is still one more version of the Bond soundtrack I want, an exclusive gold record from Amazon I can not right now afford. I just hope it isn't sold out when payday rolls around!

RIDE 'EM ON DOWN, The Rolling Stones 10" single, sent for 2 versions from 2 different sources on Amazon, but received identical discs, and am still trying to straighten it out. One was $10 more than the other. Whatever the problem, I'm still keeping both of them and may even (GASP!), slit the shrinkwrap and PLAY one of them!

Displayed on my newest shelf, now reserved for Beatles and Beatles member's discs, etc.

My big 12 inch...

Blondie YULETIDE THROWDOWN LP single, limited edition, reissued for the 1st time on 180 gsm MAGENTA vinyl.

From the original 1981 holiday flexi-disc (which I never heard of and so, sob!, don't not have nohow noway!)

Ringo's CHANGE THE WORLD EP,
    and Jethro Tull's 2021 50th anniversary Steven Wilson re-mix of BENEFIT, just out, not vinyl, but now is the time to purchase if you are at all interested in these, as some (not all) have skyrocketed in price shortly after their release. I am still looking for THICK AS A BRICK and SONGS FROM THE WOOD (new or used) for reasonable prices!

NO TIME TO DIE (the first Bond movie I missed seeing at the theater since THE SPY WHO LOVED ME), Double Gold Vinyl soundtrack album.
    People on Amazon are complaining it's full of pops, scratches and hisses, but since I plan on never opening it, who cares?

The Doors L.A. WOMAN 50th Anniversary
    3CDs and 1 remastered LP

If anyone's interested in Jethro Tull, they are releasing their first studio album in 18 years on January 28, 2022, called THE ZEALOT GENE, a Bible themed disc, available in various formats of Blu-Ray, CD and LP.
    I think Amazon will be carrying all the formats, and if not Udiscover Music will probably be able to fill in the gaps.

More BEAUTIFUL GARBAGE anniversary LP sets, in both black and white vinyl editions.
    The new Tull is available is so many different formats in the UK and the USA, with black vinyl, red vinyl, CD, Blu-ray, etc., that I lost count, most of the UK sets seem to be sold out already. I ordered a bunch of them before I got dizzy and gave up. I can't wait to see my next credit card bill.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

*looks at CC bill.

Spending all our money on Garbage!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast