Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I could smell that half-speed master a mile away!
    You must be a friend of mine!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_pyle View Post
    I could smell that half-speed master a mile away!
    You must be a friend of mine!
    I bought the Deluxe Edition of RAM because it has so many songs I really like on it.
    I found out about McCartney's Deluxe releases too late to get some of the others I would have liked to, but I'm glad I got RAM.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Black Sabbath has come come out with a Super Deluxe edition of Sab-oh-taj-E.
    The big box has 5 LPs and a 45 rpm single, while the small box has CD equivalents of the same.
    Made in Germany.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Big box sets for the 50th anniversary of ALL THINGS MUST PASS will be released August 6.
    Can't wait.
    The whole deal comes out to only $388.91!
    And free shipping!

The sad thing is I can remember buying the original album when it was first released.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Big box sets for the 50th anniversary of ALL THINGS MUST PASS will be released August 6.
    Can't wait.
    And free shipping!

The sad thing is I can remember buying the original album when it was first released.
    I'm betting it was less than $388.91
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Can't wait.
    Don't they have a version of this in a wooden crate for ~$1,000.00?

The cool thing about ATMP is that the original album itself is pretty expansive; I can only imagine what the deluxe set builds out to (I'm not an actual Harrison fan, but I know ATMP is pretty much a musical landmark).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

I don't know about the wooden crate, but I was wrong about the final price because somehow I missed the Deluxe 5LP box set.
    There are 5 different versions of this release, USA-wise, I don't buy the Japanese etc., releases, I'm not that much of a fanatic (translation, I don't have that much money to spend).
    The total came out to $495.61, payable upon release, subject to changes in price, which are normally lower than projected, which means a small reduction or refund.
    There are 40 some outtakes, etc. This sounds boring and repetitive, but the same was true for the White Album and Sgt. Pepper box sets, and I found them both highly entertaining. Maybe one day I'll even listen to them again!

A bunch of LET IT BE Deluxe Sets will be out this fall.
    May 2021 is the 50th anniversary, but they figure not as many people will buy them then because there are no holidays around that time, so the money men are pushing for a fall release for Christmas shoppers.
    I don't think Mr. Lennon would approve of this strategy but I will buy them all regardless.

Mother Mary come to me, and shake that dough off the money tree!

Also, Amazon now has a vinyl record club, one classic album a month for about $25, and you can skip a month or return the selection for free if you don't want it. The first selection was THE WALL by Yellow Floyd, or was it Blue Floyd? I forget.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where did you see the info about the Let It Be sets? I haven’t seen anything yet, but I’m curious if it’ll be a remix or just a re-release.

Here's one of the sites I read the info off of:

https://nightswithalicecooper.com/20...ng-until-fall/

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Thanks!

I’ve been enjoying the new remixes (although I love the original mixes too), so this is pretty exciting. What I’d really love to hear is a remix of Revolver, but I know there’s not as much to work with there.

I'd buy that!
    I'm also looking forward to the the Deluxe Edition of LA WOMAN.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For anyone interested in the "Uber Deluxe" edition of George Harrison's All Things Must Pass:

In celebration of the 50th Anniversary, George Harrison’s, All Things Must Pass, is being celebrated with a suite of new releases, highlighted by the limited Uber Deluxe Edition, which presents a stunning new mix of the classic album by Grammy Award-winning mixer/engineer Paul Hicks, overseen by executive producer Dhani Harrison, which includes the album on 8LP and 5CD/BR housed in an artisan designed wooden crate (approx. 12.4” X 12.4” X 17.5”). The collection contains two books, an elaborate and expanded 96-page version of the scrapbook curated by Olivia Harrison, with unseen imagery and memorabilia from the era, handwritten lyrics, diary entries, studio notes, tape box images, a comprehensive track-by-track, and more; while a second 44-page book chronicling the making of All Things Must Pass through extensive archival interviews with notes is also contained herein. The elegantly designed books pay homage to Harrison’s love of gardening and nature. The book also contains a wooden bookmark made from a felled Oak tree (Quercus Robur) in George’s Friar Park. This truly unique box will also contain 1/6 scale replica figurines of Harrison and the gnomes featured on the iconic album cover, a limited edition illustration by musician and artist Klaus Voormann, as well as a copy of Paramahansa Yogananda’s “Light from the Great Ones” and Rudraksha beads, contained in individual custom-made boxes. It also includes a replica of the original album poster. The set features 70 tracks including 47 demo recordings, session outtakes, and studio jams, of which 42 are previously unreleased. The Blu-ray disc includes hi-res stereo, 5.1 surround, and Dolby Atmos mixes of the main album.
    US ($999.98): https://shop.udiscovermusic.com/coll...s-uber-box-set

There's a link for the UK, but it currently says it's out of stock: https://bit.ly/3gaSYa8

Anyone who wanted or needed to order this through the UK site, take heart: often with things like this (high priced and physically large editions for which the stock is only sold through a few specific outlets), stock is initially allocated imprecisely and those outlets that "sell out" first get more allocated to them - so watch that site!

FYI, people interested in things like this should check out superdeluxeedition.com.

Their ATMP page: https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/...sary-editions/

Thanks for the info, and God help me, I ordered one!

I am now planning an addition on my house to put all of the ALL THINGS MUST PASS stuff in.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks for the info, and God help me, I ordered one!

I am now planning an addition on my house to put all of the ALL THINGS MUST PASS stuff in.
    Awesome! I hope you like it (post pics when you get it).

My original purchase, with Apple Jam disc sleeve and poster, and shrinkwrap!

All those years ago!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My original purchase, with Apple Jam disc sleeve and poster, and shrinkwrap!

All those years ago!
    Good stuff.

Here's what you get when you open the deluxe version of QUADROPHENIA:

And since this IS collecting VINYL records, here's the 45 RPM picture sleeve of LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR:

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does that deluxe Quadrophenia include some demos?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does that deluxe Quadrophenia include some demos?
    Yes, disc 2 has demos of
    THE REAL ME
    CUT MY HAIR
    PUNK
    DIRTY JOBS
    IS IT IN MY HEAD?
    ANYMORE
    I'VE HAD ENOUGH
    DROWNED
    IS IT ME?
    DOCTOR JIMMY
    LOVE REIGN OVER ME (I know that's not correct but I HATE that shortening!)(Yeah, I'm a picky SOB)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good stuff.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's what you get when you open the deluxe version of QUADROPHENIA:

And since this IS collecting VINYL records, here's the 45 RPM picture sleeve of LOVE IN AN ELEVATOR:

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Here's what you get when you open the Black Sabbath Vol 4 Super Deluxe box set:

And here's a vinyl 45RPM record:

Went to Barnes & Noble today and didn't wear a mask in public for a long time! It felt weird!
    Among many vinyl temptations I bought two, the BLADE RUNNER 2049 soundtrack and a STEAMBOAT WILLIE sound effects, etc., album, both of which I will probably never listen to.

I finished listening to all the CDs in the Deluxe version of BLACK SABBATH VOL 4, and now that my ears have stopped ringing I have opened the Deluxe edition of SABOTAGE:

I am a bit dissapointed that it has no alternative or demo tracks, but it does have two Japanese radio edits.

And here is my only Ozzy Osbourne vinyl LP, complete with order form, which I guess is important from a collectible point of view. I originally bought it for the Boris Vallejo cover art:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast