Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How was everyone's RSD? I scored three RSD releases and bought around thirty records from online distros.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    How was everyone's RSD? I scored three RSD releases and bought around thirty records from online distros.
    Didn't go, I'm still at work so there was no way I could make it. Lots that sounded interesting but I wasn't so hot on the idea of standing in line for hours or fighting for records with people who were just keen on flipping them on eBay.

What did you score? I know there was a Foo Fighters limited release as well as a Death Cab for Cutie 7" that I would have liked to get my hands on.

I haven't been updating this thread much but I've probably added 200+ records since my last post. Most of it vintage, but a bunch of new vinyl from No Sleep Records in dual/tri/clear colour pressings.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Path of Resistance LP, Mastodon 12" EP, Warzone LP at the shop and I'll post a pic of everything else when it arrives. Too many titles to list them all.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Lead...or Pb, are you a fan of such tunes?
    I may have found a like mind as it pertains to music.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the Psychedelic Furs last night and got this:

Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Lead...or Pb, are you a fan of such tunes?
    I may have found a like mind as it pertains to music.
    I grew up and still am into hardcore, punk and metal. I've played in a bunch of hardcore bands and right now I'm in a metal-ish band called Hollowman (bastard son of Dan Simmons and HG Wells books) + a hardcore punk band I'm trying to get off the ground. Music is recorded, just need my friend to come in lay down the vocals.

I saw this band called Red Death from DC last week. They're pretty thrashy, the intro sounds like S.O.D. Here's the whole record: https://reddeath.bandcamp.com/album/permanent-exile

I live for this shit; this is my summer schedule:

Mastodon 5/21, Bolt Thrower 6/21, Melvins 6/23, Earth Crisis 7/11, Foreseen 8/4 (thrash from Norway)

This is my band: http://hollowman1.bandcamp.com I sang, played the guitar in the left speaker, and drummed on those songs. I should be recording vocals for the newest three songs this weekend. I like to think it sounds like a mix of Godflesh, Neurosis, Helmet, Machine head, and Nailbomb while sounding nothing like those bands at all.

Country
    Country Flag

New stuff:

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

“The two things that really drew me to vinyl were the expense and the inconvenience.”

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been buying some sealed vinyl for records that don't have a proper digital release so I can eventually transfer clean copies to disc.

Country
    Country Flag

New stuff:

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the art on those!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Pb, I am surprised. There is only one band I recognize. Though there are a few I cannot see.

I DO like Ringworm. You seem to haul in good catches!

Country
    Country Flag

These are mostly indie/DIY hardcore punk bands (and every sub-genre and style that fit under that term) that operate on a very grassroots level. I didn't post close-ups because, man, that would've been a lot of work.

I'm going to Detroit this Wednesday to see Neurosis and I'll be picking up the gazzilion packages from my US shipping address. I honestly don't even remember what I ordered. It was a lot of stuff.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No doubt,Pb, a man with my same musical ear.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Bad Moon Books has them for $35. Maybe on different colour but the same pressing.

Country
    Country Flag

A few things again:

Bottom row left in the last picture is my band's last record. I found it in a record store on my way to a concert in Toronto. I was happy it wasn't in the dollar bin. I bought it for a friend.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah i did see those ones from Bad Moon Books. Purple pressing I think. No idea why there is such a price difference...

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

For this one I went by the name of "JOE"

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    For this one I went by the name of "JOE"

That is very cool, Bruce!!!!! You are definitely "Da Man"!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Can anyone recommend good online vinyl stores? I know Ebay and Amazon sell, but there's a specific album I'm looking for and haven't had luck on those sites unless I want to spend $233 on Amazon. I have no problem with reissue, I have no problem with used, I just want to know of some trustworthy sites.

Any help is appreciated.

www.Vinyl.com has some great prices, but I'm always nervous over sites I have no experience with.

Country
    Country Flag

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Thanks, man.

I found what I needed at a very fair price, so assuming the transaction goes smoothly, I can see me becoming very hooked on this site.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't looked at this thread in a dog's age and have bought a few hundred lp's between now and then. I've discovered I'm more of a hardware junkie and recently replaces my Dual 1229 turntable with a Thorens , and my low wattage technics receiver with a new Marantz amp and receiver. I'll post photos of the set up if anyone is interested.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast