Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Collecting Vinyl Records

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I had to look that up.
    I highly doubt it, even though I bought it a long, long time ago, and your mother should know, but I digress.
    It is a US printing, and from what I just read, only the UK discs had the water dripping groove.
    I guess I could play it and find out.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Pink Floyd
    MEDDLE & THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (meet you there or be square!)

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Pink Floyd
    WISH YOU WERE HERE & ANIMALS (aren't we all)

Pink Floyd
    THE WALL & THE FINAL CUT (is always the deepest)

Pink Floyd
    THE DIVISION BELL & TDB Anniversary set (never opened)

Pink Floyd THE ENDLESS RIVER
    The Rolling Stones SOME GIRLS Deluxe Edition (contains a 7" vinyl single)
    both (so far) unopened

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some great Floyd stuff there.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

I'd say you're right on target.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'd say you're right on target.
    Who, me?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Jethro Tull's been releasing amped-up versions of their albums for a while now. Unfortunately, I arrived late on the scene and missed a few, which are now going for ten times the release date price. I HAD Songs From the Wood in my basket, but at the time I didn't have the 45 bucks and waited too long, and it slipped between my fingers! I kick myself on that one!
    Their latest is A LA MODE, which along with the QUADROPHENIA Deluxe CD set, I had to send back to Amazon for replacements. They sent them both, along with two Blu-Ray DVDs, which arrived in less than stellar condition in a very flimsy paper bag. Luckily the replacements were in tip-top shape, along with the Deluxe Version of PLASTIC ONO BAND (sent, thank God, in the manufacturer's box) by John Lennon, which, along with the original album, has somewhere near eleven hours of alternate and demo music on it. I still remember finding that album and buying it. I remember the store, and looking at it and the Yoko Ono accompanying album, which I (I believe wisely) decided not to buy.
    All CDs are shown with their original American release vinyl companions, all bought by me brand new when first released.

The Lennon album is still in the original shrinkwrap with no hint of damage or deterioration whatsoever. So is the Tull.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I still have "Quadrophenia", "Welcome back my Friends" and "Thick as a Brick" from back in the day. My kids think I'm crazy holding onto this stuff. I still have 30+ vinyl albums from my youth. Some really good one's too. At some point I went into the "CD" revolution and collected over 500 CD's of music. My kids say I'm crazy and old fashioned, but I love my Rock n Roll, baby!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Bill. Do all of the "double albums" have funny little seeds in the fold??
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

I never bought THICK AS A BRICK, why I don't know.
    Amazon came through today with flying colors.
    The 2 CD version of the Deluxe PLASTIC ONO BAND.
    The Deluxe 50th Anniversary release of DEJA VU (funny, I feel like I bought that album before), from Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and a couple of other guys, without Mr. Young's participation (too busy, I guess).
    It was enclosed in the manufacturer's original shipping box, which I really like, all the way from Germany, where it was manufactured, so you just know it's high quality (right, Frank?).
    It contains the original LP, remastered, plus CDs with lots of other good stuff.

Pictured next to the original album, which I bought upon release in the US, and for some dumb reason removed the shrinkwrap!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Bill. Do all of the "double albums" have funny little seeds in the fold??
    As I recall. several do I'm sure. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

All three contestants on Jeopardy's Tournament of CHUMPions had no idea what kind of creature Boris was.
    They all had WTF looks on their faces.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Boris The Spider"!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought I'd share this latest addition to the collection, because it's is a cool one; a dual platinum album presentation celebrating sales of 1 million copies each of John Lennon's "Imagine" and "Shaved Fish" from John Lennon and Yoko Ono to San Francisco RKO Radio personality Dave Sholin. On December 8, 1980, Dave Sholin visited The Dakota hotel in New York City and interviewed Lennon and Ono in their apartment; later that same day Lennon was assassinated. That session is now known as "The Last Interview".

The presentation piece is from the memorabilia collection of Sholin's fellow California DJ "Mr Ed" Lambert who passed away in 2020. It's freakin' huge in-person as you can see by the photo of my daughter holding it, they're set in a 2-inch deep shadowbox style frame on floating mounts with a plexiglass cover. You can listen to or read Lennon's "The Last Interview" at this link: http://www.beatlesarchive.net/john-l...er-8-1980.html

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

I can hardly IMAGINE owning anything like that!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very cool indeed. I have a "Sgt. Pepper" album cover ltd edition signed by all of the Fab Four. I believe there is a pic of it in my collection thread. If not, let me know and I'll add it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That is very cool indeed. I have a "Sgt. Pepper" album cover ltd edition signed by all of the Fab Four. I believe there is a pic of it in my collection thread. If not, let me know and I'll add it.
    I also have signatures and Ltd Editions by, Roger Dean (of the "Yes Logo"), Ron Wood, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. Additionally, the Ron Wood pieces are of, 'The Who", "Rolling Stones", Kieth Richards and Eric Clapton. I know I had pics in my old collection thread, but not sure if I did them for the new one. I suppose I'll need to rectify that, huh? lol

I do not mean to come off in a "Top This" kinda way. I just thought that if you're interested in this subject you might appreciate these items. There's a few good stories to be told with regard to them but, that's for another day and time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have signatures and Ltd Editions by, Roger Dean (of the "Yes Logo"), Ron Wood, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. Additionally, the Ron Wood pieces are of, 'The Who", "Rolling Stones", Kieth Richards and Eric Clapton. I know I had pics in my old collection thread, but not sure if I did them for the new one. I suppose I'll need to rectify that, huh? lol

I do not mean to come off in a "Top This" kinda way. I just thought that if you're interested in this subject you might appreciate these items. There's a few good stories to be told with regard to them but, that's for another day and time.
    I really like the Keith Richards one.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The only other one worthy of mention that I have is this one, RIAA Gold award for the 1987 re-release (first time on CD) presented to The Beatles. Thought I'd posted it here before but looking back I guess not.

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got the new half-speed master of my all-time favorite album. Very excited to see how it sounds compared to the original and Archive pressings.

I also picked up this version of the new Black Keys album. I don't normally make a point of seeking out colored vinyl, but this one was too cool to pass up.

Looks like my hand's pressed up against the vinyl, but just in case that kind of thing gives anyone else the shivers, I promise I'm only touching the label and the edge!

I could smell that half-speed master a mile away!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast