Yes, it's been blown out of proportion. This is not The Satanic Verses; superficially there's some resemblance to what happened in that case, but no. I think there's a lot of impulse to throw a noble facade over base motives because we're so over-privileged as a nation. You shouldn't become prejudiced, Matt, (Actually, Meyers as Dr. Evil says, "It's like watching two bald men fighting over a comb. Who cares?!" and later "It's easy to kill a movie. Just move it to January.") although I can understand why it has become harder to expect any representative of the Hollywood community to show objectivity at this point. However, recall that some of them were, after all, directly affected to various degrees by the leaked material from the original hack. To me, the climate of paranoia created by breaching personal privacy is a more interesting issue and a more despicable act than the threat of improbable terrorism is. Of course, I would normally say that the latter is no laughing matter, either, but the very thing which makes The Interview different from past films is exactly that it, too, could easily be interpreted as a form of violent threat, only refuted by its own partial improbability based on having just the right cultural background to comprehend that America doesn't literally kill everybody whom our fiction shows executed, and at the same time knowing just the right way to forget that we do literally execute SOME of them, when we feel like it. There should definitely be criminal investigation on the piracy aspect. It's just not really WWIII here, come on. We're projecting how we have felt about unprincipled insults to our purest ideals onto a situation that's considerably more compromised to begin with.