Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thedarktower.org-Con 2015!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    lol, just got an email I had to share from --apparently-- the new man in charge:

"From: wbender2@cox.net
    Subject: TDT.Org 2015 Con

Shannon,

You are not welcome.

Bill"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Not to get involved in whatever is going on between you two but didn't RF ask that personal issues be kept off the boards.
    As it is relevant to this thread, I thought it would be funny to share. If you did not laugh, then I apologize. What do you find funny? I shall create a joke for you.
    It may be relevant to the thread but it is also related to the issue between you and Bill and therefore should be kept private.
    Joe315, I agree. It isn't related to the thread (interpersonal issue to be left off the boards), and should not have been posted here. Back on topic please.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright back on topic, Jerome, am I not welcome?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You are welcome. I like you and Bill. This thread is obviously "unnoficial" and just for fun. No member should ruin the fun.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm down for Austin then I do not have to travel at all. Where were y'all looking to do this?

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

is this still about an possible DT Con ? Because if it is let me know ;D
    If not , i am out ;D

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I would most likely be in, if in Austin. Most likely out, if out of state.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

CA, WA, New England, and totally be there if it was in AZ. My mom lives there. good chance to visit and hang out

Traveler Norris Ridgewick will become famous soon enough Norris Ridgewick's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would totally make the trip down there. A buddy of mine from high school lives in Austin, so this would give me a fine excuse to go visit.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I normally on frequent Calvins Corner, but decided do check out other corners of this site and stumbled on this.

I assume it never happened since no one has talked about it recently. Since I am moving to Austin in the Dec-Feb time frame (depends on when house is finished being built), I would love to join in a "con" in Austin in 2016. (I'd travel to Vegas too). If in Austin I could even host a get together at my new home, it will have a large media room, with a wet bar.

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well I normally on frequent Calvins Corner, but decided do check out other corners of this site and stumbled on this.

I assume it never happened since no one has talked about it recently. Since I am moving to Austin in the Dec-Feb time frame (depends on when house is finished being built), I would love to join in a "con" in Austin in 2016. (I'd travel to Vegas too). If in Austin I could even host a get together at my new home, it will have a large media room, with a wet bar.

Mike
    As I recall a consensus was never reached regarding the location. However, I'm still game for this to happen and, Austin seemed like a great place to have it with a fair number of members living in the area. Your offer to host is very generous and I bet, Terry would be willing to not only participate, but maybe bring the "tunes" as well. So lead the charge and I'd be "in" for this undertaking. According to, Terry April may be a good time to be in, Austin if I recall.

I think just as many members getting together for a blow out as possible, despite not having a "King" event, would be great fun and definitely worthwhile. Maybe we can line up some "special" guests or something. I know we have some very cool members living in Texas like, Terry, Bob, Gabe, etc. We had a great time during the Austin signing event and, Terry is a remarkable host and wealth of knowledge on the area.

Meet you at the "Magnolia Cafe" for breakfast!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    lol, just got an email I had to share from --apparently-- the new man in charge:

"From: wbender2@cox.net
    Subject: TDT.Org 2015 Con

Shannon,

You are not welcome.

Bill"
    Not to get involved in whatever is going on between you two but didn't RF ask that personal issues be kept off the boards.
    As it is relevant to this thread, I thought it would be funny to share. If you did not laugh, then I apologize. What do you find funny? I shall create a joke for you.
    It may be relevant to the thread but it is also related to the issue between you and Bill and therefore should be kept private.
    Joe315, I agree. It isn't related to the thread (interpersonal issue to be left off the boards), and should not have been posted here. Back on topic please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You are welcome. I like you and Bill. This thread is obviously "unnoficial" and just for fun. No member should ruin the fun.

Just to be safe I think I owe an apology for my actions at this time. I let my temper get the better of me. So if I haven't already done so, please accept my sincere apologies for being an "Ass" at that time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We're all good. You turning into Rip Van Winkle-Bill will do that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We're all good. You turning into Rip Van Winkle-Bill will do that.
    Not sure I totally get the reference, but you're cool too and I'm glad we could get past that incident. If this shin dig becomes a reality I'll buy you a beer and a shot!!! LOL I suppose I was getting grouchy in my old age, but near death experiences have a way of putting a fellow back on the right track. BTW I respect the way you have followed through on all your endeavors, FWIW.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Do we need a passport to get into Texas from the United States?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Only to get on, Terry's property as I understand it. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh I hear EVERYONE gets on Terry's property.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes. And the proper inoculations.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought that I had replied, but I guess it wasn't successful. I'd love to attend, even though I LOATHE the drive from Dallas to Austin with a passion.....except for the obligatory stop in West (where the fertilizer explosion happened 2 years back) to get kolaches from Czech Stop. I like you guys well enough to even put up with the stop/start construction corridor that makes up I-35!
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    I thought that I had replied, but I guess it wasn't successful. I'd love to attend, even though I LOATHE the drive from Dallas to Austin with a passion.....except for the obligatory stop in West (where the fertilizer explosion happened 2 years back) to get kolaches from Czech Stop. I like you guys well enough to even put up with the stop/start construction corridor that makes up I-35!
    I gotta fucking fly from Phx to Dallas to Austin and I'm a freaking cripple, but I'm down with this, so stop whining and concentrate on what you're bringing to the table!!! LOL J/K LOL I, of course, will be bringing my sterling personality and unflappable charm!! LOL LOL Seriously though, I may be able to talk a King artist or two into attending. We need to designate an official event organizer, set a date and get a list of members who would commit to attending. I'm sure we could come up with a list of worthwhile activities besides elbow bending and BBQ eating.

Health permitting, I'll offer my services in any capacity I can to support the effort. IMHO we need to have, Terry on board for this to happen. The man sports a wealth of information regarding the, Austin area. The prospect of 15-25 site members gathering in the very handsome area of Austin, TX for a weekend enjoying BBQ, sipping cocktails and swapping lies sounds like fun. Who knows what kind of trouble we could get into if we could add an artist and some displays from some of the remarkable collectors that participate on the site and live in Texas. Commission some radical Tee's, allow for folks to bring fine collectibles to display and of course good music, food, drink and friendship. There is potential for an event like this to be a great success for sure. IMHO Perhaps corral a speaker, a live streaming of the festivities and maybe even roll in the HF Grand Prize drawing and giveaways?

The minds available here on the boards properly motivated and focused can, I am sure, come up with a viable schedule of activities and ideas that can result in a great and worthwhile time to be had by all. At the very least we'd be joking and laughing about it for years to come. Seems to me that just casually kicking it around we already have 6-8 folks who would be willing to make the trek and attend. Firm up the specifics and that number could balloon to 15-20 or more folks in no time. Just a matter of everyone committing and pitching in to help toward a singular goal. We could even arrange for children's activities for members with family, no? Of course, I'm just spit balling here and may be full of so much shit you couldn't possibly find a bag big enough to hold it all!!! LOL LOL LOL Then again, could be a real blast and something to seriously consider and try to bring to fruition.

Spoiler:
    A "I survived the 2016 TDT.Org Convention" Tee springs to mind. LOL LOL LOL Great events have been spawned in the past with far less going for them for all different capacities and reasons in all our lives, no?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Um...will Terry be in charge of the "children's activities?"

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Can we set a firm date and location for this so I can start saving for a plane ticket? Otherwise, I'll just plan to travel direct to Bill's house to bake cookies.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only way this will ever work and get us all there is if King himself shows up
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

*shrugs*

There are millions of people in the world who want to meet King... name a date and time for a King appearance and people will gather. I wouldn't travel to Vegas to meet King when I could see him in NYC or Boston or Maine, since he draws such a crowd and tours often enough.

How often does Jerome make an appearance? When will Brice be posing for photos in my area? If I want to shake Shannon's hand in person, this is something worth organizing. I'd travel to Vegas to meet all of you because I can't imagine living out the rest of my life without a tdt.org group photo framed in my home. My King collection will simply not be complete without a collection of King collectors!

SO. Time to get serious.

As Bill said, we need to move on this. If we build it, they will come. Even if "they" is just me and Bill... you could all just be jealous of all the extra cookies we get to eat.

Bill... I'm PMing you to get this rolling!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I would offer up my place too but I don't think everyone wants to cram into a 3rd floor apartment But hey Terry is only a mile or two down the road somewhere so sounds good to me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2