Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thedarktower.org-Con 2015!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Thedarktower.org-Con 2015!!!

A few of us got to visit, Austin, TX last year and, Terry (Sir_Boomme) was kind enough to show me the sites. Austin, is a great place to visit and I would certainly like to return, Terry, was kind enough to offer his input if a "Dark Tower Convention" might be held there. At this point, I suppose we are gauging interest. Terry, has said he could provide audio and visual (Like a movie marathon), and we could all contribute to the food and fanfare.

So, if this sounds like fun and you would like to gather with other members, drink, eat and tell lies then say so here and just maybe we can make it happen. Tentative date is June, 2015 Let us know your thoughts and wishes!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If it was in Vegas I'd be down.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love Austin, I might go!

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

You know what... there is a great possibility that I may be able to attend. So. Count me as a tentative yes.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I live in Waco (100 miles north of Austin) and would love to come and participate. Count me in!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post
    I live in Waco (100 miles north of Austin) and would love to come and participate. Count me in!
    Waco is my home town... Graduated from Midway.

My dad lives in Woodway, my sister in Bellmead... I'll be passing through there Christmas to pick up the family, hit the Czech Stop in West, and then onward to my Bro's house in Dallas.

you're not related to DR Manske are you?

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sir Boomme--

Thanks for the note. Yes, Dr. Manske was my grandfather. By chance, was he your pediatrician? If so, too cool. I live in Stone Creek, just north of Woodway.

Also, I'm in Austin often because my youngest son goes to Westlake. He will graduate this year. We will definitely have to make plans to meet soon.

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can definitely go in June. I will bring the family. This will be a blast.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Sir Boomme--

Thanks for the note. Yes, Dr. Manske was my grandfather. By chance, was he your pediatrician? If so, too cool. I live in Stone Creek, just north of Woodway.

Also, I'm in Austin often because my youngest son goes to Westlake. He will graduate this year. We will definitely have to make plans to meet soon.

oh yeah... Dr. Manske was the only Dr. my family had while growing up...(60's through the 70's) . What a great guy and incredible old school doctor he was... I still remember the suckers he would pull out of his desk drawer every time we were ready to leave.
    Very cool to meet ya.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

if you come... dress down!
    not quite the dog days of summer... but it does get warm.

this is typical of June weather:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather do Las Vegas, or San Francisco.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Sir Boomme--

oh yeah... Dr. Manske was the only Dr. my family had while growing up...(60's through the 70's) . What a great guy and incredible old school doctor he was... I still remember the suckers he would pull out of his desk drawer every time we were ready to leave.
    Very cool to meet ya.
    Ditto! Holler if you are ever in Waco and I'll do the same when I'm in Austin. Would love to meet you in person. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Sir Boomme--

Very cool to meet ya.
    I remember such doctors. I had one who had a box full of toy by he exit doors and kids chose one before they left. The man was a God who prescribed Codeine freely in the early 70's!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Why don't we do-do it in the road?

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I should clarify... this summer, I should be able to swing a trip to a tdt.org get together just about anywhere in the US. So my attendance is not determined by the TX location. I would say Vegas would be a great option, because they offer some very cheap flights and stay packages. (And what happens there stays there.)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll alert the Texas Highway Patrol.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I might be able to participate (and would love to!) - but it depends on the date(s). Air travel gets way too expensive when traveling half across the world, especially in summer months, so it pays to start planning early.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Sir Boomme--

Very cool to meet ya.
    I remember such doctors. I had one who had a box full of toy by he exit doors and kids chose one before they left. The man was a God who prescribed Codeine freely in the early 70's!
    prescibing codeine to children... hmm good idea! keep em calm I say

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Why don't we do-do it in the road?
    what goes on between you and RF in Vegas... stays in Vegas....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was/is a great town, quite a few members seem to live in proximity and, Terry says he can bring a lot to bear entertainment/venue wise. However, it is as always open to the membership. Maybe a "Poll" should be added by a Mod to gauge interest?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

lol, just got an email I had to share from --apparently-- the new man in charge:

"From: wbender2@cox.net
    Subject: TDT.Org 2015 Con

Shannon,

You are not welcome.

Bill"

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Not to get involved in whatever is going on between you two but didn't RF ask that personal issues be kept off the boards.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

As it is relevant to this thread, I thought it would be funny to share. If you did not laugh, then I apologize. What do you find funny? I shall create a joke for you.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It may be relevant to the thread but it is also related to the issue between you and Bill and therefore should be kept private.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey...if we can share doing it in he road...I mean was that JUST a Beatles lyric???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast