So, in the weeks leading up to Christmas, what's on everyone's lists of essential viewing? What films or tv specials are you guaranteed to watch at least once this December?

Ones that immediately spring to mind are:

- Blackadder's Christmas Carol. I adore this one. A brilliant, ingenius twist on the ol' Dickens classic (which I do plan to actually read sometime this month). For those that don't know, Blackadder is one of the few comedies where Rowan Atkinson not only gets to play someone who's intelligent and a total bastard, he also occasionally gets a beard, as well. Pretty much all the Blackadders he plays throughout history are scheming, selfish gits. Except for Ebenezer Blackadder, one of the kindest and most generous (and most gullible) men in England. Until one fateful night, when a ghost comes to visit of course.
- Scrooged. Love this hysterical and modern day satirical take on it, as well. Bill Murray is actually hilarious in this one, and I love the Ghost of Christmas Past.
- Love Actually. Bit of a guilty pleasure this one, but still very enjoyable. Love all the different stories, especially the one with that guy from the Walking Dead in it.
- It's a Wonderful Life. 'Nuff said.

I also might re-watch This Is England '88, and possibly even check out A Christmas Story. So what's everyone else watching for Christmas this year?