Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Super Sneak

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Jerome, I hope the package arrives safely. I wasn't sure why you wanted me to cast each breast separately instead of making a mold of them as a set... but now I see you're splitting them to give one to another collector. Should I have marked somewhere to indicate which was the left and which was the right?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Jerome, I hope the package arrives safely. I wasn't sure why you wanted me to cast each breast separately instead of making a mold of them as a set... but now I see you're splitting them to give one to another collector. Should I have marked somewhere to indicate which was the left and which was the right?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    No. It's better to imagine. Once I have received the gift and fondled
    Spoiler:
    No. I can't go that far in this thread.....
    "it", I'll post pics.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Rough draft, not the final tip-in page:

November, 2014
    ‘Salem’s Lot
    Special Bound Edition
    In 2004 a very small publishing house, known as Centipede Press, created one of the most treasured Stephen King limited editions published to date.
    Betts Books and TheDarkTower.Org were fortunate enough to obtain the last two remaining sets of unbound pages from the 2004 Limited Edition publication. Using these last two sets, Betts Books, and TheDarkTower.Org have collaborated to create two remarkable pieces of craftsmanship.
    This Book is One of The Only Two Specially Bound Sets
    Both books were three-quarters bound in leather; one bound in black, and the other in red. Using fine hand binding and tooling techniques that have been passed down for generations, the books include the Jerry Uelsmann photographs, deleted scenes from the original manuscript, and the Stephen King afterword from the Pocket Books edition as published in the 2004 edition.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

EDIT: and enclosed in a breast shaped slipcase - Awesome!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

November, 2014
    ‘Salem’s Lot
    Special Bound Edition
    In 2004 a very small publishing house, known as Centipede Press, created one of the most treasured Stephen King limited editions published to date.
    Betts Books and TheDarkTower.Org were fortunate enough to obtain the last two remaining sets of unbound pages from the 2004 Limited Edition publication. Using these last two sets, Betts Books, and TheDarkTower.Org have collaborated to create two remarkable pieces of craftsmanship.
    Both books were three-quarters bound in leather; one bound in black, and the other in red. Using fine hand binding and tooling techniques that have been passed down for generations, the books include the Jerry Uelsmann photographs, deleted scenes from the original manuscript, and the Stephen King afterword from the Pocket Books edition as published in the 2004 edition.
    I take it I'm not getting any cookies then? LOL

Awesome project, Jerome that is why you are TMIDITW!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds amazing! I'm sure I'll get a great Secret Santa gift but I would not be unhappy to receive one of these as well. You have my address, Jerome.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When will there be pictures? )
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Citizen of Gilead burial will become famous soon enough burial will become famous soon enough burial's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOW!!!
    (speachless)
    Looking for:
    S/L: "Insomnia" (#117), "Firestarter", "EOTD #98"
    US 1st/1st: "Night Shift"
    Portfolios: "'Salem's Lot", "Cycle of Werewolf" (#192)
    please help me find any #731 or #431

My full Wanted List

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    When will there be pictures? )
    When I receive the books. The binders took pics of the process, but printed the pics and shipped them with the books.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This sounds like it will be a great production. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished book.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    This sounds like it will be a great production. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished book.
    Books. There are two. Although complimentary to each other, they are different.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

November, 2014
    ‘Salem’s Lot
    Special Bound Edition
    Boy I sure am glad I passed up the common 1 of 30, now I just need to figure out how to be first in line for the 1 of 2

All joking aside is sounds great and I am looking forward to seeing photos.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ditto that... Really looking forward to seeing pics... and wondering who the luck 2 will be!! I'm guessing Jerome will have one? Sounds very exciting...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

David and I own them. They may, or may not be offered for sale.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

David and I own them. They may, or may not be offered for sale.
    Makes sense. Can't wait to see pics...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Advance Caveat-I do not have the books in hand, and have no pictures of the binding process. The books could arrive and be a complete failure.

A little background info:

~September 2014 I saw a rebound (actually a first bound) copy of 'Salem's Lot sell on ebay for a surprising amount. I already owned a red spine version. The thought came to me to track down all of the copies that Stu Tinker had bound; (as well as all other custom bound copies). There are numerous variations on what Stu had done (more to come later on that). I still am FAR from figuring out all of the iterations/permutations of the 15-20 copies Stu had bound. In addition, there are a few other page blocks that have been bound by others.
    I contacted David at Betts to see if there were any remaining page blocks. In fact he had two. The quest began to find book binders and obtain pricing to see if doing a special 2 book set would be viable.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Forget the "Linzer tarts" or any other cookies. I went elsewhere for those. I am nevertheless, deeply disappointed in your baking skills. What a gyp!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Where you want 'em?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Are they already being bound or are you going to have to wait a year to be fit in to a schedule?

Advance Caveat-I do not have the books in hand, and have no pictures of the binding process. The books could arrive and be a complete failure.

A little background info:

~September 2014 I saw a rebound (actually a first bound) copy of 'Salem's Lot sell on ebay for a surprising amount. I already owned a red spine version. The thought came to me to track down all of the copies that Stu Tinker had bound; (as well as all other custom bound copies). There are numerous variations on what Stu had done (more to come later on that). I still am FAR from figuring out all of the iterations/permutations of the 15-20 copies Stu had bound. In addition, there are a few other page blocks that have been bound by others.
    I contacted David at Betts to see if there were any remaining page blocks. In fact he had two. The quest began to find book binders and obtain pricing to see if doing a special 2 book set would be viable.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Where you want 'em?

LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I

~September 2014 I saw a rebound (actually a first bound) copy of 'Salem's Lot selling on ebay for a surprising amount. I already owned a burgundy spine version. The thought came to me to track down some if not all of the copies that Stu Tinker had bound; (as well as all other custom bound copies). There are numerous variations on what Stu had done (more to come later on that). I still am FAR from figuring out all of the iterations/permutations of the 24+1 copies Stu had bound. In addition, there are a few additional page blocks that have been bound by others.
    I contacted David at Betts to see if there were any remaining page blocks. In fact he had two. The quest began to find book binders and obtain pricing to see if doing a special two book set would be viable.

II

A little history on the book blocks purchased by Stu Tinker (original owner of Betts Books):
    Sometime in 2004 Stu Tinker purchased unbound page blocks from Jared Walters at Centipede Press. The blocks were from the Signed Limited version of Centipede’s ‘Salem’s Lot. Stu Tinker says he bought 29 page blocks from Centipede Press. One copy was bound by Gray Parrot of Bangor Maine. Three-quarter bound in leather with a marbled cover, the book did not have the original art in it. Although magnificent, Stu felt the cost to have all remaining copies done by Parrot would not be economically feasible. Parrot’s cost was 2-3 times what the eventual binder’s quote was. Stu does not recall who the binder was that bound the other 24 copies, nor the issue price. He “thinks” the books sold for $150. Stu says four unbound blocks were sold to David Williamson as part of David’s acquisition of Betts Books.
    24 blocks were three-quarter bound in leather with fabric covers. 12 blocks had black leather spines and 12 had burgundy leather spines. It’s confirmed that at least two different colors were used for the fabric boards on the burgundy bound book, but unknown how many, if any, other colors were used. Marbled endpapers were intentionally used “randomly” so that few if any books would be exactly the same. Additionally, several different color slipcases were used (red, grey and light brown have been confirmed-there may be more). To make things even more interesting, Stu chose to intentionally have the original artwork inserted in the books in incorrect order.
    According to noted Stephen King collector Bob Jackson:
    “The Gray Parrot edition has no illustrations at all but definitely uses the S/L text block. The pages are 13" tall and the thickness of the text block is 2 and 1/2".

Both the black and the burgundy Betts editions use S/L pages BUT they have been trimmed to 11 and 1/2" tall. It is easy to see that the top and bottom margins on each page are less on the Betts bound editions. Both the black and burgundy Betts editions have illustrations but they seem to be all over the place and randomly placed in the book. The placement of the illustrations is the same on both my black and burgundy editions but the placement is not even remotely similar to the placement in the S/L.”

The combination of two different spine colors, multiple board colors, random marbled endpaper usage, different color slipcases, and artwork in incorrect order means that few IF any books are exactly the same!

III

I began obtaining quotes from book binders for our special product. Grey Parrot and others proved to be too expensive. I stumbled upon a Bible restoration, book binder located in Oil City, Louisiana. Their website was archaic and showed only two examples of their finished work, but after calling them and talking to the owner a bit, and receiving a price quote that was almost unbelievably low, I decided to give them a try. I sent them pictures of the burgundy and black books Stu had done. Design ideas were bounced back and forth, with a decision to make two books that not only complimented each other, but that would also be homage to the original 24 books done by Stu. Partially through the process, the binder informed me there was no artwork in the book blocks! David and I ended up sending our only complete sets of the artwork to the binder- One from David, one from me. I had to photograph the original art placement using my S/L Centipede book as an example, then send hard copies of the pictures to the binder to insure the art would be placed in the books in the correct place (the binder’s computer had failed so we were back to true old fashioned letters and printed photos).
    The binder felt that simply tipping in the art would not be long lasting and decided to sew the pieces in. They suggested using gold gilt to mask the edges of the boards where the leather is pressed to connect to the fabric. Raised hubs were used on the spines. A limitation page printing on Mohawk Superfine paper was tipped in at the rear of the books.

To be continued....

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is truly exciting. If your finished product is anything at all like the ones Stu had bound, I'm certainly they will be exceedingly lovely.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing the story. I learned a few new things about the book's history that I didn't know before. Look forward to see pic of these two new productions.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very exciting project! Can't wait to hear more, and see the end result.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast