Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible new Stephen King The Dark Tower book & re-write of the whole saga?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know why people didn't like 7... I loved it thought the ending was perfect
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the Revised Gunslinger was any indication, I'd be against a full-on revising.

There'd be a lots of unnecessary 'foreshadowing' to the later books, everyone would speak like they were in the Calla (which, really, makes no sense especially since Roland never speaks like it again in the series until he actually arrives there), etc.

Drawing of the Three for example is a near-perfect novel, imagine how the conversations between Eddie and Roland would be if they were spliced with "Yar!" and "May it do ya fine!"
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

You know, I think I'd have to agree with you about the foreshadowing.
    I wasn't too crazy about the added stuff in the revised Gunslinger.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't know why people didn't like 7... I loved it thought the ending was perfect
    Me too.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've said it before, but I felt like the re-write of The Gunslinger may have technically been a better novel, in terms of it's relevance to the series and its revision of the 70's slang that doesn't seem to exist elsewhere in the series...but it's like listening to one of your favorite songs and realizing they've changed all the verses. Sure, the chorus is the same, but somehow I felt robbed of the familiarity I had with the original. I grew found of the quirks upon multiple re-readings, even if they did show King's age when he wrote it and the era in which the Gunslinger was first conceived.

I would LOVE to see more Dark Tower, and I thought the comics were great at first but I've fallen off that horse over time. Haven't even looked at the new Drawing of the Three stuff...

I vote he writes more new content than re-write the old stuff. Not that our votes count for shit, he's going to write whatever he wants to, and I'll happily read it, re-writes or new.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Me too.
    I love the ending, now. However, when it first came out, and having been reading and waiting for some 20+ years, I was livid at first. Still have issues with
    Spoiler:
    the Flagg and Mordred deaths,
    but I have come to accept and treasure the ending. It took some time and re-reads though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Me too.
    I love the ending, now. However, when it first came out, and having been reading and waiting for some 20+ years, I was livid at first. Still have issues with the Flagg and Mordred deaths, but I have come to accept and treasure the ending. It took some time and re-reads though.
    Agree Bill. I felt the death of Andy the robot was better than Flagg. His death should have been at the hands of Roland AND been more epic... Mordred I was ok with as I was with the Crimson King... but Flagg getting sucked off by a spider after being in over half of King's work was brutal. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Flagg's death was great. Why does it have to be epic?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I think he was such a driving force and the bad guy... he was filled by A) the wrong person.. and B) in the wrong way. And is not King's work to be "Epic" in some regard? Flagg's death for me was shitty... no other way to put it. sorry...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Because next to the CK he is the biggest baddie in the King universe. Are you daft or just being a devil's advocate?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Are you daft or just being a devil's advocate?
    Neither. I sincerely enjoyed the way Flagg was eaten.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To each his own.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Did you not wish Roland played more of a part being his life long adversary and causing the death of his mother?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

The only part of Flagg's death that bothered me was that it was at the hands of Mordred.

Flagg was an epic bad guy! Mordred was a punk.

Roland should have ahd the pleasure of finishing Flagg off.

Country
    Country Flag

Did you not wish Roland played more of a part being his life long adversary and causing the death of his mother?
    No. I trusted the author on that.

Country
    Country Flag

interesting...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Spoiler:
    He torn out his own eyes!!!! That was awesome! Roland is a good guy he would have just shot him or something. I like the gruesome eye gouging and being eaten compared to being shot. At least he was killed he escaped the other 2 stories.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Because he's Flagg.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This discussion should be in the Cara Laughs forum about The Stand:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ss!-*SPOILERS*

John

Traveler Cabobard will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Angelic

Um, what he said.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interview of Robin Furth in this university magazine

>>> http://store.chi.ac.uk/browse/extra_...&prodvarid=177

Gramarye Issue 6 e Book
    issue 6
    Description

Please note that the University's online store cannot send file attachments automatically. Your file will be e-mailed to you by Sussex Centre assistant Heather Robbins within 24 hours of your order.

This issue’s contents include:

‘The Case of the Ebony Horse’ (Part 2), Ruth B. Bottigheimer
    ‘The American Fantasy Tradition’, Tom Shippey
    ‘The Mythology of the Dark Tower Universe’, Robin Furth
    ‘Child Roland’, Steven O’Brien
    ‘Magic Mirrors and Shifting Skin: An Ecocritical Reading of Cornelia Funke’s Reckless’, Joanna Coleman
    ‘My Life with Fantasy Literature’, Colin Manlove
    A review of Brian Attebery’s Stories about Stories: Fantasy and the Remaking of Myth, Tom Shippey
    A review of J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fall of Arthur, Dimitra Fimi
    A review of Nancy Marie Brown’s Song of the Vikings: Snorri and the Making of Norse Myths, Jacqueline Simpson
    A review of Jennifer Garlen and Anissa Graham’s The Wider Worlds of Jim Henson: Essays on His Work and Legacy Beyond The Muppet Show and Sesame Street, John Patrick Pazdziora
    A review of Andrew Teverson’s Fairy Tale, Cristina Bacchilega
    A review of John Lindow’s Trolls: An Unnatural History, Katherine Langrish

Pdf or .mobi file of the sixth issue of Gramarye. ISBN 9781907852312.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2