Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Drake69

Gunslinger Apprentice Drake69 will become famous soon enough Drake69's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Drake69

Some pix of my library, subject to change as I expand on my collection....

Front shot:

Second bookcase:

The monkey w/ cymbals was given to me when I was born in '69:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not everything on my shelves are all books:

Love this when the lights are out...:

This is a repurposed tablet loaded with King artwork that I have running a slideshow most of the time. It also plays 50's/60's rock 'n roll that I ran speakers (earbuds, actually...) into the back seat of "Christine". It's pretty wicked to walk in to the room and hear "Little Bitty Pretty One" playing from the car!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Closeup shots of my collection:

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel collection:

Dark Tower collection:

And a cool trinket I found in a shop in Gettysburg, PA while on vacation. It sits nicely on the wall next to my books!

When I started collecting King books, all I could afford were paperbacks with the rare hardcover now and then (except for the Dark Tower series, which I bought strictly in HB). I had pretty much all of his works untill I lost most of it to a tree that fell on my house during hurricane Irene. Since I was insured, I decided to rebuild my collection with all hardback books, even if it meant picking up BCE's (Book Club Editions). Now I have all of his works in hardbacks, with the exception of "Cycle of the Werewolf", "The Green Mile", and 1st ~ 3rd edition "Dark Tower - Gunslinger".

The only signed/numbered editions I have currently are books about King, not written by him. They are "The Stephen King Companion" by George Beahm and "Road to the Dark Tower" by Bev Vincent. But I intend to get at least one signed King book some day, if only to say I actually have one!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice collection but you stole my 69
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Excellent collection!

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very Nice Collection !!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Weedeater jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent collection. Lots of books there that I want. Just love the Christine car!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Nice collection and welcome to the site!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Great Collection!!!!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks great!

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice collection. Do you have a want list?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice!

John

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone! Yeah, the only three I truly need now are the Land Of Enchantment "Cycle Of The Werewolf", a 1st ~ 3rd Printing 1st Edition "Dark Tower - The Gunslinger" (before it was revised), and a HC "Green Mile". I already know which one will be the easiest and least expensive to get, LOL....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool collection!!! Can we see close-up's of that "The Gunslinger"? I don't believe I have ever seen one of those. Looks cool.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very cool collection!!! Can we see close-up's of that "The Gunslinger"? I don't believe I have ever seen one of those. Looks cool.
    Which one? If you are referring to the brown box in the 10th pic, that's just the cardboard box that the Marvel "The Gunslinger" Omnibus came in. It looks like this....

The only HC edition of "Gunslinger" I have, aside from "Little Sisters of Eluria" Artist Edition, is the Viking one...

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Books added:

1: Carrie (PS Publishing - slipcase and DJ, unsigned) - should arrive in a few days...
    2: Carrie (Cemetery Dance) - on order for next year...
    3: Revival (slipcase by Cemetery Dance) - when the cases are released, probably next year...
    4: Dark Tower: Complete Concordance - Robin Furth - on order from Cemetery Dance - new edition, probably next year...
    5: Dark Tower Companion - Bev Vincent - on order from Cemetery Dance - probably next year...

Also adding another hardback to the want list: Joyland - Already have paperback edition.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd never seen one of those. Very cool case. Handsome as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Updating my collection:

My Carrie - PS Publishing, standing alongside my original Carrie....

Another shot...

Also on the way... STEPHEN KING FROM A TO Z - An Encyclopedia of His Life and Work

Condition: Used - Very Good - Publisher: Andrews McMeel Publishing - GB Ink<br>Date of Publication: 1998<br>Binding: hardcover<br>Edition: First Edition<br>Condition: Very Good<br>Description: 8vo 0836269144 Signed by Author (xiv) 251 pp. Signed by George Beahm on a tipped-in photograph on the half-title page. Presented in a slipcase. Burgundy cloth with a small silver pictorial on the front and rear panels; lettered in silver on the spine; headband; illustrated with black and white photographs. Lightly rubbed on the corners; aside from the author's signature, no interior markings.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just landed another rare book for pennies off of eBay.....

DEMON-DRIVEN: STEPHEN KING & THE ART OF WRITING, George Beahm, ed. 1994

This is the rare 1994 hardcover limited edition of DEMON DRIVEN: STEPHEN KING AND THE ART OF WRITING, edited by George Beahm and published by GB Publishing/ink of Williamsburg, Va.. The book comprises seven long essays and features about the life and work of King, and is one of the scarcest King collectibles. This is the First Edition, First Printing, limited to 300 copies, signed by editor George Beahm and by contributor W.C. Stroby (aka novelist Wallace Stroby). The book contains the following: “Creatures of the Night,” an introduction by Beahm; “Of Books and Reputations: The Confusing Cases of King, Koontz and Others” by Michael R. Collings; “Stephen King Meets the Jim and Tammy Zombies” by Howard Wornom; “Stephen King: Dreamweaver” by Stephen J. Spignesi; “Stephen King’s Maine Haunts” by David Lowell and “Digging Up Stories with Stephen King,” an extensive Q&A conducted by Stroby in which King talks in depth about his writing process; and the title essay, “Demon-Driven: Stephen King and the Art of Writing” by Beahm. Book is a hardcover library binding, as published, in Very Fine-Near Mint condition, unread, with unmarred covers, tight spine and bright white pages. This is a publisher’s presentation copy, unnumbered.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. Congratulations!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast