Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Haven Fund Raiser

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2015 Haven Fund Raiser

I know I have vowed to be less, shall we say, in your face this year and I am trying to do just that, but with an early start we are making huge strides to a HF that will be remembered!!!

New members to the "Haven Fund Team", new books and new artists to support them, as well as the tried and true favorites. AND we have the added potential of Mr. King' involvement!!!

Also, I have been after, Micheal Whelan for many years and this just may be the year!!!

Stay tuned, folks!!! Anyone wishing to donate, please "PM" me!! You folks really ROCK!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just an update, Many thanks to JHanic, Priest, T-Dogz, Stroppygoblin, Aronstg and everyone else I forgot for their generous assistance!!! We have quite a few items already in the "Que" and more to come. An early start seems to be the way to go. Wait until you see some of the new, "Titles" and "Artists" we have added!!!

You are going to be blown away!!! Of course, many, many thanks to our, Director Randall Flagg for allowing and helping make this all happen every year!!!

Currently seeking a donation of the CD version of, FD/NS, "IT" 1/1 trade and a "Colorado Kid" 1/1

I'll keep you all updated!!! Many thanks for all your generosity!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very kind member donated a first trade of "Dr. Sleep" that I have slated to be drawn in by, Vincent Chong. Stupidly, I forgot to note the donors name. Please help me out if you are the one. This was a while ago and the only one I didn't note. I'm so ashamed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

For some of our newer and perhaps younger members, the annual HF fundraiser offers a unique opportunity to acquire new and value added King books and memorabilia. We have auctioned quite a few "Exclusive to the HF" items including the famed "Ultimate Rat" FD/NS GE and many other unique remarques that are exclusive to the Haven Fund. The artists that contribute will do work for the HF they would not do ordinarily.

So, keep a weather eye and your check book open for this years campaign!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am trying to take a "step back" from here on in for the HF and I apologize to anyone that I have offended or perturbed in any way with my newer tactics. It was certainly not my intention and any "transition" is bound to be ripe with mis-steps. It is indeed my intention to step into the back ground with the up coming fund raiser. I (we) did get to work early this year to bring you new and exciting items and have added some likewise thinking individuals to assist that have out done themselves. As a result, we already have 25-30 items ready to go for the 2015 HF and more on the way. Please excuse me for my mis-steps as I am trying to learn a different tactic and approach.

Should I violate my oath to not be a fore runner and "Whore" for the coming HF, please feel free to reference this post and I will adhere accordingly. It ain't easy to teach an old dog new tricks, but I'm trying. Time for the next generation of "HF" folks to step up and be heard!!!

Thanks for your relentless support of this site's passion!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Update: All recent donations of books for the artists are in varying states of completion. Bottom line, I have no books from donors that need to be sent to artists. I wish to thank ALL the book donors so far immensely and we can always use donations for the coming fundraiser. Artists that we are currently dealing with is as follows:

Erin Wells
    Vincent Chong
    Mark Stutzman
    Les Edwards
    Alan Clark
    Don Maitz
    Ned Dameron
    Jill Bauman
    Mark Edward Geyer
    Glenn Chadbourne
    Alex McVey
    Darek Kocurek
    Jae lee
    Michael Whelan

If you have a book you think might be "Haven Fund Material", please PM me. Some of the artists are already accounted for, but you never know what can transpire. Most of the artists prefer to remarque a book that they have previously illustrated however, some have flexibility in that regard. The "Haven Fund Raiser" is coming, folks!!! Are you ready?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, my Lord!!! We have some very exciting new stuff this year!!! Be prepared to be amazed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait. Should be a good year for the HF.

-Gabriel
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A record!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kris, you will wet yourself over some of the items we have lined up for the HF. LOL!

Get your wallets ready gentlemen, this ride is going to ROCK!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Kris, you will wet yourself over some of the items we have lined up for the HF. LOL!

Get your wallets ready gentlemen, this ride is going to ROCK!!!
    You're darn tooting, Tim!!! We've pulled out all the stops for this year since, we have to top last year's amazing total!!! There will be half naked women, Clowns with deadly weapons, Midgets, Terry in his "Thong", "Merlin" will "whore" himself for the HF dollar, expensive bottles of alcohol to be consumed, debauchery to commit, costumes, random board fun and many wonderful collectible items to bid on for a great charity. The artists are here, the members have/will contribute and all we need you folks to do is buy the rare items being offered for this wonderful site charity and tradition!!!!

The 2015 Haven Fund Raiser is about to begin!!!!

Spoiler:
    I now return you to your regular programming. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey wanna hear something cool? Haven the TV show is being filmed now right accross from my print shop
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think this is the last few days of filming for Season 5b. William Shatner is in some of these later episodes, but I think he's done now.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I think this is the last few days of filming for Season 5b. William Shatner is in some of these later episodes, but I think he's done now.
    VERY COOL BEV! It is a vacant RONA building supplies store.... they have been there for awhile now. VERY COOL!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    VERY COOL BEV! It is a vacant RONA building supplies store.... they have been there for awhile now. VERY COOL!
    Well mosey on over there and get 'em to DONATE something!!!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I KNEW you were a mosey fucker.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have promised to tone it down a bit this year and I fully intend to at least "focus" my enthusiasm, but the 2015 Haven Fund is just around the corner and there are also "Santa's" going rogue all across the boards!!! Have a wonderful holiday season folks and I'll see you all for the 2015 Haven Fund Raiser? Lots and lots of amazing stuff. You won't want to miss it!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! I have had a few conversations and I just may out do myself this year if all things fall into place. I have instigated a very awesome collectible for this year's HF. If it all comes together this may be our crowning achievement!!!

There are quite a few folks involved including...

Dolso
    Explorer
    Don Maitz
    Jhanic
    Merlin1958
    Glenn Chadbourne
    Marsha DeFillipo
    Stephen King (?)

Now, what can "The Haven Fund Whore" possibly have up his sleeve, that he hasn't done before? You may ask. Come follow the 2015 Haven Fund Raiser and find out!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds very interesting, Wild Bill. I can't wait to see the items and hopefully bid on a few.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Should be an interesting year

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Usually, each year a "theme" organically emerges and we all run with it. There was the "Director for a day" year. Last years, "Minions"..... I'm not sure that it will fly, but maybe this year we can center on "The Artists". Adopt an "artist" illustration, cover, individual piece, etc. Especially those that have contributed in the past and present. I'll go with my man, Glenn Chadbourne. If it catches on, great!! If not, I fully understand.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Usually, each year a "theme" organically emerges (Like crabs after a one-night-stand,) and we all run with it. There was the "Director for a day" year. Last years, "Minions"..... I'm not sure that it will fly, but maybe this year we can center on "The Artists". Adopt an "artist" illustration, cover, individual piece, etc. Especially those that have contributed in the past and present. I'll go with my man, Glenn Chadbourne. If it catches on, great!! If not, I fully understand.
    The above quote MAY have been altered.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Usually, each year a "theme" organically emerges (Like crabs after a one-night-stand,) and we all run with it. There was the "Director for a day" year. Last years, "Minions"..... I'm not sure that it will fly, but maybe this year we can center on "The Artists". Adopt an "artist" illustration, cover, individual piece, etc. Especially those that have contributed in the past and present. I'll go with my man, Glenn Chadbourne. If it catches on, great!! If not, I fully understand.
    The above quote MAY have been altered.

I'm guessing, Santa passed you by? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah...but his helpers stayed.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ähem... what do you mean - Last years, "Minions"
    i do not think you can just "stop" to be one ;D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast