Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Announcing the first ever "Constant Reader Choice" Haven Fund Auction Item for 2015!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Announcing the first ever "Constant Reader Choice" Haven Fund Auction Item for 2015!!

Okay, folks. Always trying to be new and innovative, we the Haven Fund "Team" are offering a chance for you the "Constant Readers" to design your very own HF auction item for next year.

You vote of the book, decide who donates it and then vote on what artist(s) remarque it and what scene (to a degree and depending on the artist). Does it have a "Dolso" case? If so, who is the artist and what is the limitation phrase? Want a sculpture incorporated? I'll see what I can do for you. So far, and more may become available, we have the following artists to work with. Remember, some are "Concept" artists and only do specific drawings in specific books, but proposals can be made, however not guaranteed.

Alex McVey
    Ned Dameron
    Don Maitz
    Glen Chadborn
    Rachel Readman
    Mark Edward Geyer
    Erin Wells
    Jill Bauman
    Vincent Chong
    Darek Kocurek (?)
    Jae Lee (?)

As artists become available the list will be updated. So, speculate away, knock yourselves out and put me and my team to work!!! Suggestions are welcome. We will do our best to make it happen, if we can. I have a "staff" now so lets put them to work!!! This is your auction item. Tell me what it will be!!!! Hell, depending on the vote, artist(s) and circumstances, I may even be able to get, Mr. King to sign it!!!!

And of course, when it gets listed, BID!!!!

Be the proud owner of the one and only Haven Fund Auction Item, designed by the people ever sold!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

RRCKS!

Or ... otherwise known as a Rachel Readman Crimson King Statue

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    RRCKS!

Or ... otherwise known as a Rachel Readman Crimson King Statue
    Now c'mon you have to be more creative than that. She sells them retail. We're talking a book with add on's here. It's a lot to ask for a sculpture of that magnitude as a straight up donation.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see something that could really be given some added value. I suggest a full set of (MINT!) PB 1sts of the Green Mile. Each remarqued by Mark and housed in a one off Dolso case with additional art on the case.

Oh and *anything* by Rachel will have me bidding on it!

Shannon, I think that should be RROOCKS!! (Rachel Readman's One & Only Crimson King Statue!!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I had tried in the past and without success to have Rob Wood provide a remarque for Needful Things. I'm not sure if there are any remarques from him out there. I will send you what contact info I have.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What about something off the wall... like a hand made smaller rug for our areas where we have our books... done or with the KA symbol?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know about the rug but I do like the idea of creating something sitecentric and unique.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    What about something off the wall... like a hand made smaller rug for our areas where we have our books... done or with the KA symbol?

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever it is, can it glow in the dark?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Whatever it is, can it glow in the dark?
    maybe we can get some of these branded with the TDT.ORG logo?

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, you may have the kernel of something there. You're a "printer", yes? What about a poster with TDT.Org image on it and some verbiage indicating "Artists" and/or "The 2015 HF". I can send it around to all the contributing artists for maybe a small remarque (if you could leave some "white" margin or such), but definitely a signature. Does that sound intriguing? Can I get and "Amen" and a vote? If we do it fast, I may even be able to get it framed or reimburse, Jerome for framing it. Though it would be easier to ship in a tube, but I may be able to figure a way to have a "budget" for framing...... hmmm

The more "I" think about it, the more "I" like it, but it's you folks that really count. So wade in with your thoughts and suggestions. I realize it is very early for the HF, but to pull something like this off we will need time to ship it around, coordinate, etc.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

You know, you may have the kernel of something there. You're a "printer", yes? What about a poster with TDT.Org image on it and some verbiage indicating "Artists" and/or "The 2015 HF". I can send it around to all the contributing artists for maybe a small remarque (if you could leave some "white" margin or such), but definitely a signature. Does that sound intriguing? Can I get and "Amen" and a vote? If we do it fast, I may even be able to get it framed or reimburse, Jerome for framing it. Though it would be easier to ship in a tube, but I may be able to figure a way to have a "budget" for framing...... hmmm

The more "I" think about it, the more "I" like it, but it's you folks that really count. So wade in with your thoughts and suggestions. I realize it is very early for the HF, but to pull something like this off we will need time to ship it around, coordinate, etc.
    How many we need to print Bill?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My suggestion would be to do something like Stu at Betts did with the ‘Salem’s Lot unbound page block. A custom leather bound book! I’m thinking either; The Stand Complete and Uncut or even the Dark Tower set! I know finding unbound page block is not likely so I was thinking of using paper backs.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    My suggestion would be to do something like Stu at Betts did with the ‘Salem’s Lot unbound page block. A custom leather bound book! I’m thinking either; The Stand Complete and Uncut or even the Dark Tower set! I know finding unbound page block is not likely so I was thinking of using paper backs.
    That's not a bad idea at all, but I wouldn't have the first idea on how to go about getting a PB bound like that. I'd be willing (within reason) to fund the effort and maybe even get some remarques in it.

Anyone? What do you folks think? Remember this YOUR item.

Edit: perhaps one of those Large (not large print) editions of the softcover DT books?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    That's not a bad idea at all, but I wouldn't have the first idea on how to go about getting a PB bound like that. I'd be willing (within reason) to fund the effort and maybe even get some remarques in it.

Anyone? What do you folks think? Remember this YOUR item.

Edit: perhaps one of those Large (not large print) editions of the softcover DT books?
    This can be expensive... BUT we all know if done right how amazing it is. I am very interested in this... I think enough people here could get on board and you could take orders and contact various artists to contribute... I think there is something here. I think a DT theme would be the way to do... Gunslinger maybe? Not sure but depending on costs you could build in a profit to be donated to Haven... This could be a VERY COOL IDEA done right. I can offer to get pricing from my suppliers on this should we decide on a book to bind. I also think it is not condusive to do one... the cost would be silly high... but if enough members were into it... I think it could be a great thing. Maybe have the DT artists sign or doodle in it as a donation. These books could be had at a great price. Something to think about for sure...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

We can't reprint books for mass sale without permission, and permission would be denied.

One book, a project book, shouldn't be a problem.

That being said, I say we bound the original seven Dark Tower books ... into one huge, beautiful edition.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It would be obscenely huge and impractical however it would also be pretty freaking cool. Maybe add some custom art pieces or collages of the book preceeding each section.

We can't reprint books for mass sale without permission, and permission would be denied.

That being said, I say we bound the original seven Dark Tower books ... into one huge, beautiful edition.

Country
    Country Flag

Are we not allowed to re-bind books? I know you cannot re-print them... but binding I think is ok.. plus would be not be doing it with just our members? I would have to consult my legal department but it would be cool if we could do the DT... one massive wicked book! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I would be all over a massive one volume DT tome...

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

— Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, so maybe a two/three volume set.

Country
    Country Flag

looooooooooool
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t get me wrong I think one book with all 7 would be really cool just a little difficult to handle. A two volume set would be possible say books 1-4 and 5-7?
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

Don’t get me wrong I think one book with all 7 would be really cool just a little difficult to handle. A two volume set would be possible say books 1-4 and 5-7?
    Maybe we just do the Gunslinger.... the one that started it all.... Maybe King would be on board as he knows about us... maybe he might sign it
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

What I meant was that we couldn't mass produce them and sell multiple copies to members, which is what I thought you were saying. If not, my bad. One huge book wouldn't be readable, you're right. I was just thinking out loud. To be readable it'd have to be two or three volumes, which is very possible.

Country
    Country Flag

What I was suggesting was to take a paper back edition remove the cover and add a custom hardback cover. As long as the contents of the book are not altered and no artwork etc. on the cover is added that violates any copyrights it should be fine.
    It is no different than buying a V12 Mercedes giving it a custom paint job and reselling it. If you took the Mercedes emblems off and added Ford badges and sold it as a Ford then you would have a problem.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast