Thread: 11/22/63 series on Hulu

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 11/22/63 series on Hulu

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118041227?refCatId=13

Helmer Jonathan Demme has optioned the feature rights to Stephen King's upcoming novel "11/22/63" and is set to write, direct and produce the adaptation through his Clinica Estetico banner...Project has yet to land a distributor, though Demme is aiming to start shooting in fall 2012.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://whatculture.com/film/jonathan...vel-112263.php
    Just days after Warner Bros committed themselves to making The Stand, comes news from Variety that Stephen King’s next novel 11/22/63 could also be heading to the big screen. Jonathan Demme, the veteran helmer of The Silence of the Lambs has attached himself to write, produce and direct. King would serve as exec producer.

I love Stephen King’s bookography and anticipate every new release like I do returning to a favourite restaurant. I know what I like and he annually serves it up and his latest just sounds delicious… a time travel/JFK Assassination novel that tells the story of Jake Epping, a frustrated teacher who goes through a time portal to 1958 to spend the next few years trying to stop the killing of the gunned down U.S. President, to change the course of history and setup a new life for himself in a world where mobile phones and computers were stuff of sci-fi like Star Trek (which actually hadn’t quite aired yet… a world pre-Kirk if you can imagine it!!).

It’s a high concept sci-fi/drama and one that I just can’t wait to see unfold both on page and especially on screen! – (though didn’t they do this on Quantum Leap and The Twilight Zone??)

11/22/63 (titled because that was the date JFK was shot down), the cover of the book is certainly striking and it’s expected that this will be one of King’s biggest sellers in a while but just to make sure (and to give King fans chance to actually read it first) – Demme/King aren’t going after financing just yet as they don’t want shooting to begin until fall 2012 where hopefully a boat load of copies have been sold and financing won’t be a problem.

Having spent the last few years making documentaries and t.v. pilots, this will be Demme’s first big screen movie since Rachel Getting Married three years ago…According to Amazon.com – 11/22/63: A Novel is coming November 8th and it’s expected to come in at well over a thousand pages!! My pre-order went out today.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Roaaaaaaaaaaaar!!!, We can only hope on both projects
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmb...en-king-112263
    One day somebody will tell a time-travelling story in which tinkering with the past turns out to be a great idea and doesn't result in horrifying knock-on effects such as people's heads disappearing in photographs or monkeys taking over the world. That day is probably not this day. Science fiction of this ilk rarely tends to break new ground, and Jonathan Demme's latest project, based on a forthcoming Stephen King novel, sounds like a predictable melange of Back to the Future, Quantum Leap and BBC sitcom Goodnight Sweetheart.

That's not to say the premise doesn't sound intriguing, despite its familiarity. 11/22/63 will focus on a 35-year-old high school English teacher from modern day Maine who discovers a portal allowing him to travel back to 1958, the era of rock'n'roll, bobby socks and bulky motor vehicles. Instead of heading to the nearest betting shop like any sane person, he embarks on an ambitious plan to change history by saving John F Kennedy from assassination. With Lee Harvey Oswald having struck in 1963, that gives our hero, named Jake Epping, a full five years to persuade Kennedy's supposed assassin to stay in the marines (or work out who set the poor lug up as a patsy). The book's synopsis suggests that Epping also finds romance in 1958 with a beautiful high school librarian.

King has hinted that the character's actions in the past may have unlikely consequences: writing about the project in 2007, he said: "I'd like to tell a time-travel story where this guy finds a diner that connects to 1958 ... you always go back to the same day. So one day he goes back and just stays. Leaves his 2007 life behind. His goal? To get up to November 22, 1963, and stop Lee Harvey Oswald. He does, and he's convinced he's just FIXED THE WORLD. But when he goes back to '07, the world's a nuclear slag-heap. Not good to fool with Father Time. So then he has to go back again and stop himself ... only he's taken on a fatal dose of radiation, so it's a race against time."

So far, so obvious. And yet the story might just offer the sort of popcorn predictability that makes the new Planet of the Apes film such a no-brainer joy. Demme has optioned King's book – a 1,000-page-plus epic – and hopes to shoot in 2012, though at this stage he doesn't have a distribution deal. This is one of those projects which might easily fall by the wayside, especially given that a Hollywood figure of the stature of Ron Howard recently failed to secure funding to film King's Dark Tower series. On the other hand, with all its well-worn time-travelling cliches, 11/22/63 does seem like an easier sell. Hollywood studios love a movie with transparent echoes of previous blockbuster fare and "Back to the Future with politics" has a certain ring to it.

Demme won the Academy award for best director in 1991 for The Silence of the Lambs and has an unshowy but impressive track record since then. There's certainly enough quality in films such as Philadelphia, his remake of The Manchurian Candidate and 2008's Rachel Getting Married to suggest a classy take on King's novel. The film-maker maintains an interest in liberal US politics, too, as his excellent 2007 documentary Jimmy Carter: Man from Plains made apparent.

The ramifications of Kennedy's survival are what make 11/22/63 of interest. How would he have dealt with Vietnam and the civil rights era? Would his sexual peccadilloes have ultimately brought him down as the US media began to exercise its muscle in the 1970s? Might the Berlin wall have come down rather earlier had he stayed in power? But that's all rather a lot for a two-hour movie to take in. King and Demme shouldn't panic too much: they can always fall back on ape apocalypse and disappearing noggins if the going gets too tough.

Country
    Country Flag

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...22-63-20120620
    Finally, Demme is hard at work with Stephen King on an adaptation of the writer’s 2011 novel, “11/22/63,” about a man who travels back in time in an attempt to thwart the assassination of JFK. “Stephen and I are working together on the script right now. After all these years, what I’ve come to understand is don’t plan the script that you’re really thrilled with," he explained. "At the heart of '11/22/63' is this profound, magnificent challenge that our hero is faced with, which is that the past doesn’t want to be changed. Our boy Jake has his work cut out for him if he really wants to change history. He really has to go up against it. And he may or may not succeed."

As to whether the film’s storyline will wind up the same as the novel, Demme in non-committal. “You never know. There’s a dozen movies in '11/22/63.' We’re finding the one that we think is kind of the best of all. And Stephen is wide open. The book is the book. The movie will be something different. It’s great fun working with him.”

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayli...22-63-20120620
    Finally, Demme is hard at work with Stephen King on an adaptation of the writer’s 2011 novel, “11/22/63,” about a man who travels back in time in an attempt to thwart the assassination of JFK. “Stephen and I are working together on the script right now. After all these years, what I’ve come to understand is don’t plan the script that you’re really thrilled with," he explained. "At the heart of '11/22/63' is this profound, magnificent challenge that our hero is faced with, which is that the past doesn’t want to be changed. Our boy Jake has his work cut out for him if he really wants to change history. He really has to go up against it. And he may or may not succeed."

As to whether the film’s storyline will wind up the same as the novel, Demme in non-committal. “You never know. There’s a dozen movies in '11/22/63.' We’re finding the one that we think is kind of the best of all. And Stephen is wide open. The book is the book. The movie will be something different. It’s great fun working with him.”
    This sounds very promising. Especially with King on board!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah having King on board does put my mind at ease (a little).

I think this could be really fun to watch, but I'm still hanging out for UTD on the big or small screen....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Jonathan Demme leaves 11/22/63

Demme dropped the news during an interview with The Playlist. "That’s off the table,” says the director. “There’s a dozen movies in ’11/22/63.’ We’re finding the one that we think is kind of the best of all. This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We’re friends, and I had a lot of fun working on the script, but we were too apart on what we felt should be in and what should be out of the script,” Demme said, before confirming he was off the project. “I had an option and I let it go. But I hope it’s moving forward, I really want to see that movie.”

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/620...263-adaptation
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot To Option Stephen King Novel ’11/22/63′ For TV Series

J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot is in negotiations for the rights to Stephen King‘s bestselling 2011 novel 11/22/63. The deal is being done through Warner Bros TV, where Bad Robot is under a deal. I hear the plan is to adapt the book as a TV series or miniseries, likely for cable. 11/22/63 centers on Jake, an unassuming divorced English teacher who stumbles upon a time portal that leads to 9/9/1958 and goes on a quest to try and prevent the assassination of John F. Kennedy, which occurred on November 22, 1963. Bad Robot, which received an early renewal for NBC’s Revolution earlier today, had been looking to expand its TV business to cable. In addition to Revolution, the company has CBS drama Person Of Interest also renewed for next season. The deal for 11/22/63 comes on the heels of CBS’ green light for a drama series based on King’s novel Under The Dome, which will air this summer.

Source
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably for the best as I don't think a single movie could do it justice.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as its just a mini series. I don't think I'd enjoy taking liberty with this story to make multiple seasons.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think you would have to take too much liberty with the plot to make multiple seasons out of this, the story does span 5 years. Unlike UTD which I can't see any way to make into multiple seasons.
    Christine

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    As long as its just a mini series. I don't think I'd enjoy taking liberty with this story to make multiple seasons.
    Agreed.

Netflix would be a great venue for this.

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX is a glorious beacon of light RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ordinarily, I would say that TV would be an awful idea for a King novel. But with this book it probably is the only way to go. The plot could hold up for a mini-series or maybe an entire season.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Won't this just be GLEE:1963?

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see a series based on the idea of these wormholes where people can go back in time. Maybe follow the green/yellow/red card men around as they close up these holes and stop people from going back in time and causing disharmony. Almost like a Warehouse 13 with time travel.

Country
    Country Flag

Default 11/22/63 gets Hulu series order

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/22/st...7c2730f5f22b66

From Ridley Scott to a Hulu series...

My Collection

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy with this! It's going to be a Bad Robot production. As long as they stick with the book and not mess around with it too much... That might be asking too much. But yeah, I loved this book.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I'm happy with this! It's going to be a Bad Robot production. As long as they stick with the book and not mess around with it too much... That might be asking too much. But yeah, I loved this book.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to viewing this series.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

me too!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dont know what to think of this.
    I mean :
    - hulu : it's not netflix
    - JJ Abrams : he did some great job on some series, and not so good on others. But mostly, he is EVERYWHERE and i think that he'll have other priorities, such as : Star Wars. Better not screw this movie. And some Star Trek. That's already plenty for a busy schedule. I think that 11/22/63 will be priority to Mission : Impossible though :p
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Is it a musical?

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Is it a musical?
    Hulu, not hula.

Gunslinger Apprentice Citizen of Lud is on a distinguished road Citizen of Lud's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 11/22/63 JJ Abrams on HULU

This is probably old news but did not see a thread on it. ( and I am probably wrong about that) If I am then punish me and send me to the right area. But if there is not wanted to start a discussion on this
    Looking For
    Dark Tower III through VII LSOE S/L or AE #1208
    Trade 1st/1st
    The Dead Zone
    Danse Macabre
    Cujo
    Carrie
    Firestarter
    Skeleton Crew
    Night Shift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast