Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Choose TWO fims; Only ONE will advance!

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back to the Future I

13 61.90%
  • Inception

2 9.52%
  • Robocop

6 28.57%
  • Terminator 2

19 90.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Quarter Final I

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Terminator is a better thriller. T2 is a better action film.
    I think I would agree with that.
    Spot on. I remember watching Terminator after watching T2, and was completely shocked at how much more tense and even violent it was by comparison. Not that I'm saying it's better than T2, just that I really love how different each film is to one another. Like Alien and Aliens.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go. Perfect comparison. Both films in the same universe but approached much, much differently.

All things considered, T2 is the superior film though.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

It appears to me that ROBOCOP is washed up.

He did say he was going to CLEAN up the town.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Terminator is a better thriller. T2 is a better action film.
    I think I would agree with that.
    Spot on. I remember watching Terminator after watching T2, and was completely shocked at how much more tense and even violent it was by comparison. Not that I'm saying it's better than T2, just that I really love how different each film is to one another. Like Alien and Aliens.
    I don't know or care which is which genre, but I do know that both Hamilton, Schwartz and the boy are amazing in T2, and that scene with red roses is one of the best ever.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That is indeed a fantastic scene, Jean. Another of my favorites is Sarah musing on the irony of a cyborg being the best and closest thing to a father John has ever had. I need to post that quote. Loading...

Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator, would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.
    This quote^ is like a poster boy for why I love science fiction. It raises so many interesting questions..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*double post*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Terminator 2 advances to the semi final!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That is indeed a fantastic scene, Jean. Another of my favorites is Sarah musing on the irony of a cyborg being the best and closest thing to a father John has ever had. I need to post that quote. Loading...

Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator, would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.
    This quote^ is like a poster boy for why I love science fiction. It raises so many interesting questions..
    Comparing human to machine is one of the basic themes in science fiction. In the specific case of course, this passage overlooks the other side of the argument... although this is not the point. It is well put, given its viewpoint.

What's really impressive about T2 is how perfectly form and function synched up. How many movies of the same genre have since tried to insert a stand in for the core audience as apt as young John only to make a mess of it? So many points fit in this one film, it's hard not to suspect luck played a big part. Credit to the creators anyway.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Its just one of those works of art where everything comes together so seamlessly and each aspect seems to boost those around to establish a very high standard of quality.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2