Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hypnosis

Gunslinger Apprentice R.F. is on a distinguished road R.F.'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Hypnosis

As a certified hypnotist, I feel that I owe atleast part of my profession to Sai King and The Dark Tower... I'm just curious if anyone else here has any experience with hypnosis, either being the hypnotist or the hypnotized?
    Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.- The Great Sage and Eminent Junkie

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you a stage hypnotist or more hypnotherapy type stuff?

Country
    Country Flag

Currently I am putting together a confidence building program for salesmen, but I hope to do stage shows eventually.
    Flip-flop, hippety-hop, offa your rocker and over the top, life’s a fiction and the world’s a lie, so put on some Creedence and let’s get high.- The Great Sage and Eminent Junkie

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is so cool!

I've never been hypnotised, I think I'd be a little wary to be truthful. I've never seen a show live though, although last time I went to get a tattoo the guy that went in before me was a hypnotist and we were teasing the tattooist over whether he'd really paid him for the tatt

Country
    Country Flag

LOL! Yeh, unless said hypnotist just so happened to be Derren Brown I doubt he would have much luck getting away with not paying. Derren has some of the world's best misdirection skills, hands down.

Edit: heh, misread what you said.

As for being wary, a lot of people have some concerns. Putting these concerns to rest is something that has to be done before the hypnosis actually starts. The hypnotized doesn't actually give control to the hypnotist, all hypnosis is self hypnosis, so there isn't really anything to worry about.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm more worried about the delving into your subconcious aspect, than the "control" issue

Country
    Country Flag

Ah. Sometimes, what lies within can be as scary as the worst acid trip; but that isn't very often.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've done the latter and survived, so maybe I exorcised all my ghosts already

Country
    Country Flag

Bad trips can happen to anybody, all it really takes is the wrong place, people, music, etc. Abreactions to hypnosis are rare and only happy to a handfull of people. Unless you are schizophrenic or something similar, or have serious past trauma, you shouldn't have any negative effects with hypnosis. Even if you have had traumatic events happen, hypnosis can be therapeutic and a good hypnotist would be very careful not to cause an abreaction.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My bad trip was definately bad circumstances rather than underlying trauma

I'm sure you're right...I'm still nervous though

Country
    Country Flag

Heh, nothing really to be nervous about. It's not as if I can hypnotize you through your computer... Or is it?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

People have tried to hypnotize me twice, but it didn't work.

I think I'm too much of a control freak.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to try to be hypnotized. I find it really interesting.

A guy I work with said he was hypnotized 5 years ago in order to stop smoking and he hasn't had a cigarette since.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I've been considering it to help me ditch the Devil Grass ( tobacco ), do you think it is effective?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I would love to try to be hypnotized. I find it really interesting.

A guy I work with said he was hypnotized 5 years ago in order to stop smoking and he hasn't had a cigarette since.

Whoops, guess I should have read the whole thread.

Nevermind.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Country
    Country Flag

Smoking cessation is actually one of the primary ways hypnosis is utilized.

Also, anybody can be hypnotized. Some people have a little harder time than others, but there are ways to get around resistance, nerves, etc.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R.F. View Post

Also, anybody can be hypnotized. Some people have a little harder time than others, but there are ways to get around resistance, nerves, etc.

Good.
    Because it's expensive, and Jedi mind trick have never worked on me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even in those cases of extreme trauma?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Soooo....what exactly happens when you are hypnotized? I have no idea. I've actually never seen anyone hypnotized before. Is it like sleeping?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So, even though you can't hypnotize over the internet, (since all hypnosis is self hypnosis) can the techniques be taught over the internet?

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Brice, it really depends on the trauma. I'm also not exactly sure which part of my statement you were referring to. If you have a serious anxiety/depression disorder and you use tobacco to displace that energy, it could cause problems to stop smoking abruptly. As for if it is possible to hypnotize someone with extreme trauma: as long as no issues relating to the trauma are not brought up, and there is no age regression used, it shouldn't be a problem(though it really depends on the person, ya know?)

Erin, the best way I can describe what it is like is your body is so completely relaxed it is as if you were physically asleep. You , usually, remain completely alert and lucid mentally, and can respond if something happens around you that needs a response (whether that be the hypnotist talking to you, or a disaster etc).

Country
    Country Flag

It is actually fairly easy to learn self hypnosis through various videos found on YouTube. Some of them suck, but a few are really great. I will look around and see if I can find a good one.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice, it really depends on the trauma. I'm also not exactly sure which part of my statement you were referring to. If you have a serious anxiety/depression disorder and you use tobacco to displace that energy, it could cause problems to stop smoking abruptly. As for if it is possible to hypnotize someone with extreme trauma: as long as no issues relating to the trauma are not brought up, and there is no age regression used, it shouldn't be a problem(though it really depends on the person, ya know?)
    Actually...I am getting VERY sleepy

and quoted too much. I only intended to quote the anybody can be hypnotized part.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So, even though you can't hypnotize over the internet, (since all hypnosis is self hypnosis) can the techniques be taught over the internet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast