Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Stephen King Signing & Event- Austin, TX, 11/15/14

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Always fun to see King fans enjoying King fans and King events as well as connecting some names with faces...... ( no matter what ya look like) !
    Thanks for sharing.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!!! Just got home!! Considering, Terry dropped me off around 2pm in Austin, what a miserable trip back!! Good thing it was preceded by a most excellent trip!! By the way, if you know, Terry (Sir Boomme) and plan to travel to, Austin you couldn't ask for a better host!!! What a guy!!

I left the bulk of the photography to the pro's, but here are a couple extras for you.

Jerome and his lovely and funny as all hell wife at the Micro-Brewery before the event.

Jerome (always take two) Smith and his wife again. Great philosophy BTW to take two just in case!!

Spoiler:
    Can you spot all the differences between the photo's? LOL

Random pic of Mr. King just before he signed my book. BTW, the guy in the B&W baseball shirt was one of the Sr. Book Nazi' top henchman. I think he managed in some way to get into every photo we took. Perhaps, he was going for some "Photo-Bomb" record in the, Austin area? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pardon me for over posting, but I don't go to these things as much as I would like and thanks to all the crew here (with special mention to, Terry) I had an amazing time and now cannot wait to do it again!!! Gabriel (Gunslinger41), Jeremy (Brownings Childe w/GF and a lovely gal was she), Ben (friend of, Terry), girlfriend & Sister (I know I am in big trouble for forgetting their names and will take my medicine, as they were wonderful event companions and soon to be members to the site, and I feel just awful, but its late and I had a trying trip home).

I'm also, beat to shit, still high on the trip and it is very late, but we did have a very cool group. As stated before, in addition to "hard selling", Terry' friends (I had to be told to shut up about the HF, but I only mentioned it once so, I am improving) we solicited and spoke with many SK fans and RF passed out those wonderful cards and such that, Kris helped with so look for a few new members and help them along on their adventure.

Now, as you have all, no doubt been waiting for, LOL, here is my copy with provenance (such as it is) of Mr. King' newest release!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice copy, Bill, and Great pics. Thanks for sharing. It looks like everyone had an awesome time in Austin. It was one of your best, I think.
    Hyman Roth - Minister of Foreign Affairs of THE CRIMSON KING

Citizen of Gilead thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41 is just really nice thegunslinger41's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Incognito

Originally Posted by Merlin1958
    I have to admit, the Austin signing went off like clock work. King even went to work early. Of course there were a couple "Book Nazi's" from the staff, but for the most part they insured a smooth event. All though one particularly loud organizer did stroll around with a sceptre at one point!!!

King appreciated my support of the Yankee's!!!!! We also solicited the crowd to join the site and received several commitments. In some ways we were the hit on our portion of the line which was comprised mostly of virgin's. One nice lady right in front of me brought along a recipe for "Cheese cake" to give to King. He was most appreciative, but announced to the room that "Joe, is the real cheese cake whore" (pretty close to his exact words)!!! LOL

Jerome and Terry took ther majority of the photo's surrounding, Mr. King. So look to them for the pics!!! overall, King was rather engaging, at least while we were there and we were in the first 75-100 customers. One bummer, they has some lame excuse to re-collect the tickets so provenance suffered. Still we have these neat wrist bands!!!! LOL"""""""""

__________________________________________________ _

So yes, there was the loud booming voice that would occasionally startled the fuck out of you, and also make you lose your train of thought as you conversed with other Stephen King aficionados and tower junkies.The guy was pretty funny, occasionally yelling what would happen to people if they tried to go through the line twice.I had an extra ticket in my pocket so I wasn’t sure if it was going to go to waste.We all passed 2 checkpoints where they were checking your ticket and your wrist band.There were 4-6 store employees surrounding Mr. King, including the media/marketing coordinator who I had been speaking with over the phone and via emails for the past 2 months.“Ugh” I thought, she will for sure recognize my ass if I try to get back in line.After getting my book, my friend and I leave the store and ponder what to do with the extra ticket.I say, “Luis, come on dood!!! Just get back in line…do it for a friend! (I tried to think of some dirt I could blackmail him with but couldn’t think of any off the top of my head).He replied, “You noticed I was the only black person in line right?They will recognize me for sure!”I looked at him incredulously.“Luis, you’ll be fine.You know that all black people look the same so they will definitely not be questioned by the staff.”We laughed.Sigh, he didn’t have the cojones to get back in line so… I had to remember the face of my father and improvise fast! (mostly because the line was moving pretty swiftly).NOTE:Bill, there is no way in hell you could have gone through the line twice mostly because you are one big mudafukah!…or big sumbitch (as we Texans would say).I rushed to my car.I was so nervous and excited that I went up to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and honestly thought that my car had been stolen.WTF!After about a minute I realized my mistake and scampered down the stairs to the 2nd floor.Whew, there is the Acura!I opened the trunk. “What are you doing?” Luis asked.“You’ll see,” I said.I take out my contacts and put on my black frame nerdy glasses, take off my jacket, throw on a scarf, and pull a wool hat over my head. “How do I look? I asked.“Umm…it may work, but…”I abruptly cut him short and said fuck it, lets do this!

So anyhoo, it was very nice to meet some of the dt.org members there.Terri, I had the pecan praline with my coffee Sunday morning on my drive back to Houston.It was very good.
    "Absorb the genius of the moment." -Michael Stipe
    "Victory is sweet even deep in the cheap seats." -Connor Oberst
    NEED:

One For Road Signed Artist Edition, PS Publishing
    The Gunslinger Viking proof
    Carrie $7.95 Doubleday later printing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone try and bring a book into get signed and succeed?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    quote from article...
    "To the verging on standoffish man who leaves him a story, there’s begrudging acquiescence (“I’ll probably read it, thanks”),"

pretty sure this is referring to our own Browning's Childe

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Pardon me for over posting, but I don't go to these things as much as I would like and thanks to all the crew here (with special mention to, Terry) I had an amazing time and now cannot wait to do it again!!! Gabriel (Gunslinger41), Jeremy (Brownings Childe w/GF and a lovely gal was she), Ben (friend of, Terry), girlfriend & Sister (I know I am in big trouble for forgetting their names and will take my medicine, as they were wonderful event companions and soon to be members to the site, and I feel just awful, but its late and I had a trying trip home).

I'm also, beat to shit, still high on the trip and it is very late, but we did have a very cool group. As stated before, in addition to "hard selling", Terry' friends (I had to be told to shut up about the HF, but I only mentioned it once so, I am improving) we solicited and spoke with many SK fans and RF passed out those wonderful cards and such that, Kris helped with so look for a few new members and help them along on their adventure.

Now, as you have all, no doubt been waiting for, LOL, here is my copy with provenance (such as it is) of Mr. King' newest release!!!

thanks to Bill for great company and treating me to breakfast.... and the cool sticker

Thanks to Jerome for the Tshirts, and for the neat DT bookmarks and cards

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    most all tried... nope... nobody succeeded

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

thanks to Bill for great company and treating me to breakfast.... and the cool sticker

Thanks to Jerome for the Tshirts, and for the neat DT bookmarks and cards
    The "Magnolia Cafe" was a great experience and a real treat. If you are ever in, Austin be sure to visit it!!! I'm still burping breakfast a day later!!! LOL LOL Nevertheless, Terry is the real treat in, Austin the city he clearly loves and with great reason. We need to return en masse for some kind of event or such. Great city, who is amicable?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did. I succeeded, but made one major fuck up.
    Spoiler:
    I brought a copy of Revival I had picked up at Costco. Shit!

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ha! That's probably what I'll do for Bradenton. I'm not confident they'll have 1st editions in stock in late January.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pics, I am in the yellow, Pennywise/McDonalds shirt. I will post what pics I have of the event soon. It was great to meet everyone from the site.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

FWIW, while the "book nazi's" took our provenance away, the "Book People" store was offering free book marks as evidenced in my post. It's not definitive, but it may help if you are looking to sell. Me? Never!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    yeah... but you probably got that signed in the can .

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Spoiler:
    yeah... but you probably got that signed in the can .
    That was where he was lurking whilst we were on line. He still managed to get ahead of me!!! LOL When you're good, you're good!!! LOL

Still, Jerome didn't get to the "Magnolia Cafe" for breakfast. Man, did he miss out!!! Best breakfast this "Only Yankee fan in Texas" ever had!!! If you go to, Austin you must visit this establishment!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12