Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Copyright: Fair Use/Appropriation/Derivation/Transformation & Trademark - Patent Law

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Without permission, copying and distributing someone else's copyrighted work is infringement anywhere that copyright laws exist.
    I did. For free if you notice.... There was no exchange of funds.
    It doesn't matter, though - that's why Napster doesn't exist anymore. Because "for free" they were distributing music illegally. The money is not the issue, it's the distribution.

I don't want to sound like I'm being militant - I don't care, and I doubt very much Whelan would either.

But it's infringement - it's not even debatable in your example. You- literally - distributed a creative artwork outside of and in violation of the artist's express, specific copyright. It's textbook copyright infringement.

Again - I'm giving the letter of the law. I don't personally care.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Without permission, copying and distributing someone else's copyrighted work is infringement anywhere that copyright laws exist.
    I did. For free if you notice.... There was no exchange of funds.
    It doesn't matter, though - that's why Napster doesn't exist anymore. Because "for free" they were distributing music illegally. The money is not the issue, it's the distribution.

I don't want to sound like I'm being militant - I don't care, and I doubt very much Whelan would either.

But it's infringement - it's not even debatable in your example. You- literally - distributed a creative artwork outside of and in violation of the artist's express, specific copyright. It's textbook copyright infringement.

Again - I'm giving the letter of the law. I don't personally care.
    Thanks for the heads up all on this. I emailed our lawyers on this and they had SO Many questions. Wanna hear the funniest thing? THEY COULD NOT UNDERSTAND why someone would pay someone to essentially destroy a valuable book. LOOOOOL They could not get it. Even though some do not care for remarques... I do to a degree... that was the biggest thing. I told the guy i was talking to that it is a collecting thing. haha ANyways, I told them not to spend much time on it but look into it. Probably a waste of time but hey... why not?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3