Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: TOP TWO films move on!

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back to the Future I

16 57.14%
  • Clockwork Orange

10 35.71%
  • War of the Worlds (2005)

2 7.14%
  • The Fly

11 39.29%
  • Time Bandits

3 10.71%
  • Twelve Monkeys

17 60.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 3, Group A

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Sci-Fi Tournament - Round 3, Group A

Note : Top 2 films move on!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My first instinct is to vote for Clockwork Orange and 12 Monkeys, but I can't leave The Fly out in the cold...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Will have to think on this a bit.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is such a loaded group. Had to go with Back to the Future and A Clockwork Orange.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Fly
    12 Monkeys

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Clockwork Orange
    Twelve Monkeys

sk

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    My first instinct is to vote for Clockwork Orange and 12 Monkeys, but I can't leave The Fly out in the cold...
    Of course you can! Just follow your first instinct. I did.

sk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Might catch flak for this, but...

Voted for The Fly and Clockwork Orange

Country
    Country Flag

At least you voted for Clockwork Orange!
    Hope it'll still be here in round 4.

sk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All are great films and are worthy of being in the third round. Hope if some if you haven't seen War of the Worlds (2005), you'll check it out now.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You convinced me to watch WotW, Pablo. Will definitely be watching that soon.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Back to the Future and 12 Monkeys
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Back to the Future and Twelve Monkeys.

An honourable mention for Time Bandits.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Tim, I believe you were only supposed to vote for two films but you voted for three, am I correct about the two vote rule?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post

Tim, I believe you were only supposed to vote for two films but you voted for three, am I correct about the two vote rule?
    Yes, only up to 2 votes. Please let us know which vote you would like removed.

Country
    Country Flag

A little surprised to see Twelve Monkeys tied for first. Great film, no doubt. But over Clockwork Orange? I feel it's a little below that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Twelve Monkeys has definitely been a tournament darling. I had no idea everyone here loved it this much! Impressive.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

12 Monkey is a better film than Clockwork Orange. My love for Clockwork Orange has more to do with the novel than the movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the movie was outstanding, and the novel unreadable. I hated both anyway.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Idgaf what anyone says, Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece. The phrase tour de force exists for films like that. You can freeze the film at any point and have that image turned into a painting.

I really need to watch A Clockwork Orange again, it's been forever since I've seen it. That said, I really do hope 12 Monkeys makes it on, it's a personal favorite of mine.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Idgaf what anyone says, Clockwork Orange is a masterpiece. The phrase tour de force exists for films like that. You can freeze the film at any point and have that image turned into a painting.
    Barry Lyndon is better in that respect of Kubricks work.

I dont dislike Clockwork Orange, it's great but I couldn't call it a tour de force just based on my enjoying a lot of his other work more. Paths of Glory is my favourite Kubrick.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Barry Lyndon is the best film ever made.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Barry Lyndon is the best film ever made.
    ???? Get in a program. LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Clockwork Orange makes an obvious point about crude psychology. 12 Monkeys subtly deconstructs the whole science.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It also very cheekily shines the spotlight on the nature of people practicing 'good behavior' only out of fear of divine retribution. In the same way that some act decently (or rather, keep their animalistic urges in check) so as to not draw the ire of a higher power, so too does Alex keep himself in check to not trigger the effects of the Ludovico technique.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast