Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forbes top 100 celebrities

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Forbes top 100 celebrities

In the 2014 edition, Stephen King is :
    - 82th
    - the 4th author.

Intriguing, is the 6th author, which has only 25. But she sold over 7 million copies in the USA of her Divergente saga... which was started a movie saga

>>> http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/#t...tegory:Authors
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most of this list is "people I can't stand to hear about....ever". Still somewhat interesting. I'm kind of surprised Patterson was so high, but not really. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he just write outlines to books and have other writers fill in the rest? And there is a mistake; they list Justin Bieber as a musician.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    In the 2014 edition, Stephen King is :
    - 82th
    - the 4th author.

Intriguing, is the 6th author, which has only 25. But she sold over 7 million copies in the USA of her Divergente saga... which was started a movie saga

>>> http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/#t...tegory:Authors
    The Divergent trilogy is very popular. Not quite like The Hunger Games, but it is up there. Not surprising she made a ton of cash on the books and movie rights.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also, reading the method they used to make this list explains most of them. Current popularity counts. Several years ago The Hunger Games author would probably have been high on the list.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So John Green (#3 author) is the writer being "the fault of our stars", adapted by Josh Boone (who will adapt THE STAND).
    As I didnt know that author I read his wikipedia page, and here is something intriguing :

"In August 2009, Green announced he was writing a new book entitled The Sequel,[27] which was later scrapped. His fifth book, titled The Fault in Our Stars was released in January 2012. Green explained that several parts of The Sequel were reworked into The Fault in Our Stars.[28] Green signed all 150,000 copies of the first printing and his wife and his brother applied their own symbols, a Yeti and an Anglerfish (known as the "Hanklerfish"), respectively"

Surely that's a fac simile and not a real signature, right?
    I mean, 150,000 copies that would take MANY, MANY DAYS !

I remember reading a couple of years ago an article about Neil Gaiman's last signing tour ("the farewell tour") and he did sign for absolutely everybody (about 3K people that evening), finishing at like 2am with an awful hand that he had to put in an ice bucket

>>> http://www.whosay.com/articles/2527-...wrist-and-hand
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

+ Reply to Thread