Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Yes, Namor's in a similar situation as the Hulk, but not the same. From what I understand if Marvel wanted to do a Namor movie they could. I doubt they would, at least now. With the hint in Endgame I'm almost certain he'll show up in Black Panther 2. Namor is a big deal cause he's basically Marvel's first superhero, older than Captain America.
    I must've missed the hint in Endgame.
    I missed the hint in Endgame as well but there was one in the first BP movie. When they were talking about seismic movement in the ocean. This is what my friend who really knows his stuff said "Okayna reporting to Black Widow about the violent earthquakes underwater..near Wakanda". So that was the hint and that charcter, according to my friend is very powerful. My friend also said that if they (Marvel) are going into the "Secret Wars arc", they will need that character.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    And you're right, I've never picked up a comic book
    Well, there you go. I'm not saying reading comics is a requirement to enjoy this movie in particular. Clearly, in made 2 billion dollars in under two weeks and the vast majority of those people are not comic book readers. But I believe it does add a large layer of extra excitement and enjoyment, seeing these pages come to life, essentially. "It made no sense" is not an argument I'm comfortable with because that's subjective. Did it make sense that in the middle of battle Tony and Peter Parker had a quiet moment for their reunion? None of the character moments really made sense if you think too much about them, while an angry horde of monsters is trying to devour everyone in sight. It's a comic book movie. Also, it's a movie. And that's why the girl teamup splash page moment worked for me. And I disagree that the women in the MCU have been poorly written. Of course, everything can always be better, obviously. But as just one example, Nebula was a very big part of Endgame and that's a great and complex character. Pepper was outstanding here. Captain Marvel in her own movie was a great character. When you have so many characters in the movie as you did in Endgame, not everyone will be able to have the necessary time devoted to them, or it would be an 8-hour movie. But we've lived with these characters for years now, some of them for many years. We've had most of their character development elsewhere and this is nothing but payoff after payoff.
    I have picked up a comic book. In fact was a huge collector. AND PLEASE give it up on that shitty chic scene. That movie would have been perfect without it. Not to mention Mattick is right... I had no issue with it in BP. I just don’t get the love you throw at it and the dire need to “protect” the integrity of it. It was a laughable scene and meant to “tick” a box. Period. So frustrating coming to This thread go discuss the wonderful parts of the movie and again and again have to hear you go on about it.
    To counter this though, why do you care so much the other way about that scene? That scene meant nothing to me but I also couldn't care less about it one way or another. It was probably less than 30 seconds, I just don't seen how a 30 second clip like that could ruin the movie for anyone. It was "Fan Service" and there's ton's of pointless "Fan Service" in these movies.
    Agreed. Kris, just let it go, man.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very cool stuff in the works!! That Spiderman trailer was off the hook!!!

Refresh my memory cause I don't recall her being referred to as "Scarlet Witch" in any of the Avengers films. Only by her christian name. Of course we all recognized her as SW I just don't recall them actually calling her that name in the films.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    And you're right, I've never picked up a comic book
    Well, there you go. I'm not saying reading comics is a requirement to enjoy this movie in particular. Clearly, in made 2 billion dollars in under two weeks and the vast majority of those people are not comic book readers. But I believe it does add a large layer of extra excitement and enjoyment, seeing these pages come to life, essentially. "It made no sense" is not an argument I'm comfortable with because that's subjective. Did it make sense that in the middle of battle Tony and Peter Parker had a quiet moment for their reunion? None of the character moments really made sense if you think too much about them, while an angry horde of monsters is trying to devour everyone in sight. It's a comic book movie. Also, it's a movie. And that's why the girl teamup splash page moment worked for me. And I disagree that the women in the MCU have been poorly written. Of course, everything can always be better, obviously. But as just one example, Nebula was a very big part of Endgame and that's a great and complex character. Pepper was outstanding here. Captain Marvel in her own movie was a great character. When you have so many characters in the movie as you did in Endgame, not everyone will be able to have the necessary time devoted to them, or it would be an 8-hour movie. But we've lived with these characters for years now, some of them for many years. We've had most of their character development elsewhere and this is nothing but payoff after payoff.
    I have picked up a comic book. In fact was a huge collector. AND PLEASE give it up on that shitty chic scene. That movie would have been perfect without it. Not to mention Mattick is right... I had no issue with it in BP. I just don’t get the love you throw at it and the dire need to “protect” the integrity of it. It was a laughable scene and meant to “tick” a box. Period. So frustrating coming to This thread go discuss the wonderful parts of the movie and again and again have to hear you go on about it.
    To counter this though, why do you care so much the other way about that scene? That scene meant nothing to me but I also couldn't care less about it one way or another. It was probably less than 30 seconds, I just don't seen how a 30 second clip like that could ruin the movie for anyone. It was "Fan Service" and there's ton's of pointless "Fan Service" in these movies.
    Agreed. Kris, just let it go, man.
    Lol. Read back who has written more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Permission to ask a dumb Q. I’ve been thinking about this since I saw it and haven’t come up with anything on my own and seen no chatter about it

Right before Steve and tony leave 2012 and go to 1970, Tony says something along the lines of: I know where the tesseract and more pyms are located together. I know how I know where and I know how I know when.

How does he know that stuff? I can see how 1970 Lehigh would be significant to him after the journey, what with unexpectedly running into your dad, etc. but how did he know beforehand?
    Obviously they don't really explain it, but I would just kinda assume that after their dismantling of SHIELD he probably went through a lot of SHIELD records relating to the Tesseract. So he probably just knew where it was stored and when. Hank Pym is easier explanation, though how he knew that Pym had live samples in 1970 specifically I don't know. As I don't think Pym was active as Ant Man yet. I guess that could've been in the SHIELD records as well, and Tony probably did research about Scott after their encounter in Civil War.
    I'm watching it again tomorrow, so I'll pay closer attention to this scene. I too remember being a little unclear here...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Very cool stuff in the works!! That Spiderman trailer was off the hook!!!

Refresh my memory cause I don't recall her being referred to as "Scarlet Witch" in any of the Avengers films. Only by her christian name. Of course we all recognized her as SW I just don't recall them actually calling her that name in the films.
    She wasn’t. It was sort of a back door the X-men with out using their hero names (sw and quicksilver).

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    It could be that he did not earn the right until he cleared his conscious. Or it could be that in Ultron, he really could have lifted it, but he did not want to embarrass Thor. A friend of mine told me that there have been a few people who have been able to hold the hammer and Stormbreaker. That's why I think Thor said "I knew it" when Cap picked up the hammer. Either way, it was cool when Cap started using it.
    Dude you straight up nailed it

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...-to-the-russos

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

At the end when they all start to come back, Black Panther walks through the magic hole with his sister on one side and who looks like Okoye on the other side. If that is Okoye, what is she doing there? She did not die from the snap. We even saw her earlier in the film during the meeting with Black Widow et al. Now admittedly my eyesight is slowly leaving me but I could swear that was her beside him. Is it someone else? Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was her. But the people coming through the magic portals were not coming back from the snap. They all came back to wherever they were snapped from. Everyone just gathered, those that remained and those that came back, and all descended on the battlefield.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It was her. But the people coming through the magic portals were not coming back from the snap. They all came back to wherever they were snapped from. Everyone just gathered, those that remained and those that came back, and all descended on the battlefield.
    Thanks, Mae!

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/av...at-1202131547/
    “Avengers: Endgame” continued its staggering initial success through its second weekend. Along with its undisputed both domestic and worldwide opening numbers (no need to adjust these; by any gauge, it’s the record holder), no film has ever sold so many tickets so quickly. Through Monday, Disney is reporting a total of $632 million domestic and almost $2.24 billion worldwide.

As best as can be determined from historical listings, that places it at #7 of all time among all movies worldwide. It will go much higher still — just not quite as high as the public has been told.

To be clear: “Avengers: Endgame” is the very definition of massive. Some of its records are truly without precedent, and its market dominance is without peer. However, corporate press releases are often short on nuance. Disney has flooded the media with data, claiming new records along with the huge numbers. Its Sunday morning report to the media headlined: “Avengers: Endgame Now #2 Global Release of All-Time.”

This simply isn’t true. “Titanic” was released in 1997, when the average ticket price was $4.59 — and that means it had to sell a lot more of them to gross $2.187 billion worldwide. (If anyone believes that adjusted numbers are nitpicking, try buying a house in 2019 Los Angeles for $171,000 — the median price in 1997. Today, the median is $637,000.)

“Endgame” will likely land in the range of #9-#12 among domestic releases. It needs to reach $974 million to overtake the 2015 “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” but has no chance of getting as high as “Titanic,” the biggest domestic hit of the past 35 years (somewhere over $1.2 billion adjusted).

Worldwide, it took less than two weeks for “Endgame” to surpass ticket sales for “Jaws,” “The Force Awakens,” “Jurassic Park,” and “The Ten Commandments.” Those films took months, sometimes years, to earn as much as the Marvel monster has done since April 27. And it will overtake a few more before it is through. Its international drop was somewhat less than domestic (55% vs. 59%, although Russia wasn’t open last week), and the film still has hundreds of millions more to gross.

Soon to be passed worldwide (if it hasn’t already) is “E.T.,” which stands around $2.3 billion adjusted. Next will be “The Sound of Music” (presently, $2.5 billion). And nearly certain to be overtaken will be “Star Wars,” which is at $2.7 billion.

The top three will be more difficult. The likeliest to fall is the first of two James Cameron films in the group. “Avatar” recorded something around $3.2 billion (adjusted) in ticket sales. With “Endgame” at $2.2 billion, that means it needs to do around $1 billion additional gross to reach third place. That would mean adding 45% more to its business so far — doable, but not certain.

Beyond that, the challenge is steeper. “Gone With the Wind” is listed by reliable (though hardly certain) sources at $3.5 billion adjusted. It remains #1 domestically (over $1.8 billion). What is remarkable in its worldwide total, nearly half of its entire take, is the initial 1939 release was severely hampered by World War II and didn’t open in much of the world until years later.

“Endgame” would have to add $1.3 billion to reach #2, but the leap beyond that seems out of reach. That’s because “Titanic” looks unbeatable as #1 worldwide with $3.8 billion. To reach that level, “Endgame” would have to add $1.6 billion. With its huge initial business and evidence of the initial drops, that seems to be out of the realm of possibility.

What remains a longshot chance is “Endgame” could compete with “Titanic” as biggest film internationally (excluding domestic grosses). Adjusted, “Titanic” made over $2.6 billion. So far, “Endgame” is more than $1 billion short. But Cameron’s film added about 10% of its take in reissues, so there is a better chance it might reach what “Titanic” did initially in its 1997 release.

To be second in foreign gross, it needs to make more than $2.3 billion (“Avatar”). Curiously, so far the foreign share of “Endgame” is just below 72%, almost what “Avatar” did (“Titanic” was in the vanguard when foreign came in over two-thirds of the total; before then, it often was closer to half).

“Endgame” is among extraordinary company, and it has made history. It’s equally important to remember history. That includes making comparisons based on discernible fact rather than publicist hype.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/av...at-1202131547/
    “Avengers: Endgame” continued its staggering initial success through its second weekend. Along with its undisputed both domestic and worldwide opening numbers (no need to adjust these; by any gauge, it’s the record holder), no film has ever sold so many tickets so quickly. Through Monday, Disney is reporting a total of $632 million domestic and almost $2.24 billion worldwide.

As best as can be determined from historical listings, that places it at #7 of all time among all movies worldwide. It will go much higher still — just not quite as high as the public has been told.

To be clear: “Avengers: Endgame” is the very definition of massive. Some of its records are truly without precedent, and its market dominance is without peer. However, corporate press releases are often short on nuance. Disney has flooded the media with data, claiming new records along with the huge numbers. Its Sunday morning report to the media headlined: “Avengers: Endgame Now #2 Global Release of All-Time.”

This simply isn’t true. “Titanic” was released in 1997, when the average ticket price was $4.59 — and that means it had to sell a lot more of them to gross $2.187 billion worldwide. (If anyone believes that adjusted numbers are nitpicking, try buying a house in 2019 Los Angeles for $171,000 — the median price in 1997. Today, the median is $637,000.)

“Endgame” will likely land in the range of #9-#12 among domestic releases. It needs to reach $974 million to overtake the 2015 “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” but has no chance of getting as high as “Titanic,” the biggest domestic hit of the past 35 years (somewhere over $1.2 billion adjusted).

Worldwide, it took less than two weeks for “Endgame” to surpass ticket sales for “Jaws,” “The Force Awakens,” “Jurassic Park,” and “The Ten Commandments.” Those films took months, sometimes years, to earn as much as the Marvel monster has done since April 27. And it will overtake a few more before it is through. Its international drop was somewhat less than domestic (55% vs. 59%, although Russia wasn’t open last week), and the film still has hundreds of millions more to gross.

Soon to be passed worldwide (if it hasn’t already) is “E.T.,” which stands around $2.3 billion adjusted. Next will be “The Sound of Music” (presently, $2.5 billion). And nearly certain to be overtaken will be “Star Wars,” which is at $2.7 billion.

The top three will be more difficult. The likeliest to fall is the first of two James Cameron films in the group. “Avatar” recorded something around $3.2 billion (adjusted) in ticket sales. With “Endgame” at $2.2 billion, that means it needs to do around $1 billion additional gross to reach third place. That would mean adding 45% more to its business so far — doable, but not certain.

Beyond that, the challenge is steeper. “Gone With the Wind” is listed by reliable (though hardly certain) sources at $3.5 billion adjusted. It remains #1 domestically (over $1.8 billion). What is remarkable in its worldwide total, nearly half of its entire take, is the initial 1939 release was severely hampered by World War II and didn’t open in much of the world until years later.

“Endgame” would have to add $1.3 billion to reach #2, but the leap beyond that seems out of reach. That’s because “Titanic” looks unbeatable as #1 worldwide with $3.8 billion. To reach that level, “Endgame” would have to add $1.6 billion. With its huge initial business and evidence of the initial drops, that seems to be out of the realm of possibility.

What remains a longshot chance is “Endgame” could compete with “Titanic” as biggest film internationally (excluding domestic grosses). Adjusted, “Titanic” made over $2.6 billion. So far, “Endgame” is more than $1 billion short. But Cameron’s film added about 10% of its take in reissues, so there is a better chance it might reach what “Titanic” did initially in its 1997 release.

To be second in foreign gross, it needs to make more than $2.3 billion (“Avatar”). Curiously, so far the foreign share of “Endgame” is just below 72%, almost what “Avatar” did (“Titanic” was in the vanguard when foreign came in over two-thirds of the total; before then, it often was closer to half).

“Endgame” is among extraordinary company, and it has made history. It’s equally important to remember history. That includes making comparisons based on discernible fact rather than publicist hype.
    Excellent article.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cnet.com/news/eight-marv...2-disney-says/
    We might be living in a post-Avengers: Endgame world, but Disney has plenty of Marvel movies in the pipeline.

In its adjusted release schedule for the next few years, Disney revealed Tuesday that we'll have eight new Marvel movies by the end of 2022. We'll be seeing two in 2020 (on May 1 and Nov. 6); three in 2021 (on Feb. 12, May 7 and Nov. 5); and three in 2022 (Feb. 18, May 6 and July 29).

It's highly likely these movies will include a Black Panther sequel, a solo Black Widow movie, the second Dr. Strange outing, Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3, Shang-Chi and Eternals.

Stepping into more speculative territory, this period might also see classic Marvel Comic teams the X-Men and Fantastic Four joining the MCU in the wake of Disney acquiring Fox -- especially since Gambit and three other Fox Marvel projects were removed from the schedule. We might see another Spider-Man movie too, following the release of Far From Home in July.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Were more Deadpool movies on the schedule? I know they promised we would still be getting those. I think it's almost certain we'll be getting more Spider-man, Sony still has some say in that, and as long as it keeps making money I'm sure we'll keep getting those. They've got a lot they can do with that character and Tom Holland is young enough / new enough to the franchise that I don't think they have to worry about him burning out or aging out any time soon. Something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that there's been a rumored 4th Thor movie as well with the creative team from Ragnarok returning.

Country
    Country Flag

Were more Deadpool movies on the schedule? I know they promised we would still be getting those. I think it's almost certain we'll be getting more Spider-man, Sony still has some say in that, and as long as it keeps making money I'm sure we'll keep getting those. They've got a lot they can do with that character and Tom Holland is young enough / new enough to the franchise that I don't think they have to worry about him burning out or aging out any time soon. Something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that there's been a rumored 4th Thor movie as well with the creative team from Ragnarok returning.
    Sony is greedy... if you think that they are gonna let Disney use him much past the current contract... I fear you are wrong. Why? Venom made almost a billion dollars.... they are going to want that property back to integrate.. UNLESS they make a deal with Disney to have him show up there.. which I would WELCOME. Alas, I fear that it will not happen...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Sony is greedy... if you think that they are gonna let Disney use him much past the current contract... I fear you are wrong. Why? Venom made almost a billion dollars.... they are going to want that property back to integrate.. UNLESS they make a deal with Disney to have him show up there.. which I would WELCOME. Alas, I fear that it will not happen...
    It's actually a pretty weird situation, because these movies are made in collaboration, with Sony actually making getting the better end of the deal. They're distributed by Sony and made by Columbia Pictures in collaboration with Marvel Studios. Basically as I understand it Marvel get's some say in the creative direction (the cost of keeping Spider-man tied to the MCU) but Sony is still getting the larger cut of the pie. Sony actually benefits hugely from Spider-man being part of the MCU. I think they'll keep that in tact as long as possible. My guess is if they pulled out from that they'd probably have to reboot Spider-man again, which would probably ruin them.

Distribution is really key here though, as that's where all the money is. It's why we haven't seen another solo Hulk movie. Sony essentially trashed the majority of their Spidey plans to make this new MCU Spider-man happen. I don't think it'll end because of Sony, if anything the Disney overlords will get tired of Sony getting the bigger cut on the movie and they'll be the ones to end the relationship, since really Disney is the one in the position of power here.

Country
    Country Flag

It's actually a pretty weird situation, because these movies are made in collaboration, with Sony actually making getting the better end of the deal. They're distributed by Sony and made by Columbia Pictures in collaboration with Marvel Studios. Basically as I understand it Marvel get's some say in the creative direction (the cost of keeping Spider-man tied to the MCU) but Sony is still getting the larger cut of the pie. Sony actually benefits hugely from Spider-man being part of the MCU. I think they'll keep that in tact as long as possible. My guess is if they pulled out from that they'd probably have to reboot Spider-man again, which would probably ruin them.

Distribution is really key here though, as that's where all the money is. It's why we haven't seen another solo Hulk movie. Sony essentially trashed the majority of their Spidey plans to make this new MCU Spider-man happen. I don't think it'll end because of Sony, if anything the Disney overlords will get tired of Sony getting the bigger cut on the movie and they'll be the ones to end the relationship, since really Disney is the one in the position of power here.
    Interesting... I wish you would see a Hulk movie. I really do... Someday. I also pray to see Marvel work more on the Venom stuff somehow with Spidey showing up. Think that will ever happen?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone care to speculate which movies these eight will turn out to be? I hope after Far From Home comes out Marvel will do a reveal, but we could make some guesses:
    • May 1st, 2020 - Black Widow (prequel)
    • November 6th, 2020 - Doctor Strange 2 (introducing Captain Britain?)
    • February 12th, 2021 - Shang-Chi (Chinese New Year)
    • May 7th, 2021 - The Eternals
    • November 5th, 2021 - Captain Marvel 2 (more Skrull fun)
    • February 18th, 2022 - Black Panther 2 (introducing Namor)
    • May 6th, 2022 - Nova
    • July 29th, 2022 - Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (with Adam Warlock)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw it again last night, and enjoyed it just as much this time. Fat Thor still made me laugh. Cap picking up the Hammer still make me all giddy. Seeing everyone come through the portal to aid the group was still amazing.

I was so jacked on adrenaline and emotion the first time seeing it that I didn't truly grasp the magnitude of what we're seeing on screen. From a logistical perspective, contractual, conceptual, execution - so many elements needed to come together to make this film what it was. It's not hyperbole to say that what goes on in this movie might not ever be replicated again in the history of movies, except of course maybe by Disney again lol.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd put my money on Doctor Strange. He already deals with alternate dimensions, realities; by then Disney would have had sufficient amount of time to get a plan in place.

Country
    Country Flag

I think everyone on the planet has seen Endgame at least once by now, so I'll merge the spoiler thread here on Friday if nobody objects.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it should be fine.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess we won't have to wait too long to see how accurate my predictions were:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-phase-4-films-summer/
    Despite announcing its entire Phase 3 production slate years in advance, Marvel Studios has kept details about the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe beyond Spider-Man: Far From Home under wraps. However, according to Disney CEO Bob Iger, this may soon change.

During a quarterly earnings call with investors, Iger hinted that Marvel Studios would officially announce its next wave of films some time this summer, potentially at Comic-Con International in San Diego this July or at D23 Expo in Anaheim this August. While Iger did not elaborate on details or specifics, he did observe that clues for the MCU's future could be found in Avengers: Endgame.

"There are huge opportunities," Iger declared during the call. "There are many many different directions that we can go.”

Earlier this week, Disney announced the release dates for most of its major films through 2022, including a number of untitled Marvel Studios films. It has been reported that a Black Widow prequel, sequels to Doctor Strange, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 and Black Panther, and films introducing Eternals and Shang-Chi are all in various stages of development. Nevertheless, none of the projects have been officially announced. By the end of the summer, this may all change.

Interesting... I wish you would see a Hulk movie. I really do... Someday. I also pray to see Marvel work more on the Venom stuff somehow with Spidey showing up. Think that will ever happen?
    A Hulk movie would be great, my guess is they are waiting for the rights to revert on their own. If I remember correctly there's a "time without movie" clause written into most of those contracts, or at least there was with Fantastic Four and Fox. I can't imagine we won't get a Spider-man movie that has Venom in it at some point, hard to say if it'll be the Tom Hardy Venom though, that's a bit muddier, as I don't think Sony can make MCU related movies without Marvel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 96 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast