Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 2376

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Will merge in a few weeks.

My goodness. That might be one of the most cathartic movie going experiences I have ever been a part of.
    History has been made. I cannot believe how good that was.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome movie. Great ending to this story line. And very curious where they go from here.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Awesome movie. Great ending to this story line. And very curious where they go from here.
    OUR exact words... where can you go AND how can you top it?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I loved the movie. It was such a weird thing when you think about it. A-List actors and actresses where "extras" in this movie. Which is just crazy.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I can't wait to judge for myself. A friend of mine who really knows his stuff said it was good, just not fantastic or his favorite. I am interested to see what I think. I hardly say any previews at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on Cap now being Falcon? LOVED how he lived his life as a normal man and got that dance.

How does Black Widow come back from that? Isn't she suppose to get her own movie?

Happy to see Tony Stark go to be honest... ready for someone new. I think that was the sound at the end... someone making a new suit.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thoughts on Cap now being Falcon? LOVED how he lived his life as a normal man and got that dance.

How does Black Widow come back from that? Isn't she suppose to get her own movie?

Happy to see Tony Stark go to be honest... ready for someone new. I think that was the sound at the end... someone making a new suit.
    Ehh Falcon being Cap didn't work in the comics, I'm not sure it'll work in the movies either. I like what they did with Cap, but at the same time I feel like he maybe just messed up the timeline he was supposed to be fixing.

I'm assuming the Black Widow movie is going to be a "prequel".

What they did with Tony and Cap is a good way to close it out. This whole arc was really about Cap and Tony, so to end it with both of them being out of the picture going forward makes sense.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

Ehh Falcon being Cap didn't work in the comics, I'm not sure it'll work in the movies either. I like what they did with Cap, but at the same time I feel like he maybe just messed up the timeline he was supposed to be fixing.

What they did with Tony and Cap is a good way to close it out. This whole arc was really about Cap and Tony, so to end it with both of them being out of the picture going forward makes sense.
    Yeah... I like that. They did their service to the story. THE ONLY reason I would not give it a flawless 10/10 was the silly scene with all the women running forward as one. Really? AND... I would have liked a scene where say... an Xmen showed up. That would have blown me away!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yeah... I like that. They did their service to the story. THE ONLY reason I would not give it a flawless 10/10 was the silly scene with all the women running forward as one. Really? AND... I would have liked a scene where say... an Xmen showed up. That would have blown me away!
    The only reason it's not a 10/10 for me is because "time travel". Things get murky with time travel, and even with them returning the stones I feel like they almost certainly created branching timelines.

Country
    Country Flag

The only reason it's not a 10/10 for me is because "time travel". Things get murky with time travel, and even with them returning the stones I feel like they almost certainly created branching timelines.
    Think it's the last of it OR will the time travel play a part in other stories down the road?

PS: By doing so.. and visiting old movies the way they did??? Brilliant though. Really brought it together for us!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven’t cried so much at the movies ever.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Thought that was a little cheesy too

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Chseesy? All the women heroes on the screen at the same time was glorious! Such years of joy.

About the only negative I could come up with is no hint at X-Men or FF. But I’m sure that will happen very soon, maybe even in Spider-Man.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Chseesy? All the women heroes on the screen at the same time was glorious! Such years of joy.

About the only negative I could come up with is no hint at X-Men or FF. But I’m sure that will happen very soon, maybe even in Spider-Man.
    Yes the woman part was CHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSY. Worst part of the whole movie. Captain Marvel did NOT need any of thier help and it was shoe horned in to appease the ladies.

BUT I do agree... the only way to make it better was to hint at the new heros that will be coming down the line!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Appease the ladies? Is this an episode of Mad Men?

Country
    Country Flag

Appease the ladies? Is this an episode of Mad Men?
    Who were they appeasing? Everyone in our group thought it was silly... It was an eye roll for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear that. I was overwhelmed with emotion and another woman next to me exclaimed at that moment. Women are comic book fans, too, and when you say "appeasing" it sounds incredibly condescending.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry to hear that. I was overwhelmed with emotion and another woman next to me exclaimed at that moment. Women are comic book fans, too, and when you say "appeasing" it sounds incredibly condescending.
    Not meant to sound that way... but I fear it is true. It was a silly scene and served no purpose any way you look at it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I'm not too crazy about it either. Rogers was genetically engineered to be the pinnacle of human evolution. Sam is just some dude that's good at flying. As long as we all understand that Sam will never be what CA was, we should be fine.

What if the Russos used the announcement of a Black Widow as a red herring and they never meant to do one in the first place?

Agreed. Loved that Tony was ultimately the one to take one for the team, and Cap learning from Tony to 'live a little'.

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, Grace, A-Force!

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly, Grace, A-Force!

Ah, so there was a purpose to that scene.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Before watching Endgame, I'm going back to watch all the MCU films I haven't seen. I've seen none of phase 3, and missed quite a few from earlier phases.

Tonight it was Thor. Fun flick. Chris Hemsworth was great.

I also rewatched The Avengers with a group of friends.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw it last night. Amazing in every way. I agree with Kris. It's about a 15/10. I am so impressed/amazed with how it all came together. Mind boggling writing. The writers have a speaking engagement coming up in Boston that I might try to get tickets for. I am still processing so much of it.

One cameo that was missing that really pissed me off was Agent Coulson not being in the 1970s - the dude deserved it, but the addition of Jarvis from Agent Carter was a good trade off.

The ladies roundup to help Captain Marvel did not bother me one bit. My wife and daughters loved it, and that alone makes is worth it. There were so many cheesy moments as the filmmakers look to satisfy so many different patrons. People gotta lighten up. This is genre entertainment!

Looking to the future, I can't wait for Thor in Guardians of the Galaxy III - Hemsworth is a real comedian. My biggest prediction, however, is that we have not seen the last of Chris Evans as Captain America - I foresee a Captain America & Agent Carter film being announced in a year or so. A good old cold war era standalone would be awesome!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 96 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast