Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Raimi confirms Spider-Man 4 at the San Diego Comic Con:

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/74...i_spider4.html

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always been more of a Batman fan but I'd like to see Carnage as the next Spidey villian. He's sort of like Spiderman's Joker. At least a big to do was made of Carnage and the Joker's similarities in one of the dc/marvel crossover comics.

But then people might be over the whole symbiote thing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't Venom be considered Spidey's 'Joker'?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Shouldn't Venom be considered Spidey's 'Joker'?
    According to this comic book I have...nope. While Venom might be Spidey's main nemesis (I actually don't know enough about Spidey to say if thats true or not. You tell me) Carnage and Joker have similar philosphies and general mindsets. They both like to kill en masse and they both, as Carnage says in the comic "get the joke" which is that "life is utterly meaningless...totally absurd and madness is the only sane response". Also, the Wikipedia article on Carnage (if Wikipedia is to be trusted on this issue) says that Cletus Kasady is modelled on the Joker.

Incidentally, in this crossover they fail to get along in the end because of, as Joker says "a question of style". Carnage believes that the joy of killing is in the immediacy...the pain and anguish that he is inflicting while he's doing it. Joker feels that the fun is in the theater of it as seen in the execution of his grandiose wacked out schemes (which Carnage refers to as "stupid plans"). They end up trying to kill one another...Carnage tries to kill the Joker because of this difference of opinion (not to mention the Joker's flippant rejection of Carnage's friendship after Carnage insults his scheme to poison Gotham with a drug that will drive everyone temporarilly insane) The Joker attempts to kill Carnage because he is about to kill his Batman.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Spidey 4 and 5 Set?
    Raimi, Maguire may shoot sequels back-to-back.
    by Jim Vejvoda

September 5, 2008 - Spider-Man director Sam Raimi and star Tobey Maguire have reportedly reached deals to reprise their respective duties for not only Spider-Man 4 but a fifth installment in Sony's web-slinger franchise as well. Furthermore, the studio is mulling filming the sequels back-to-back a la Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings in an effort to minimize the problems in reassembling the cast.

According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, Maguire's deal was only very recently made as a source for the site claims that Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal had been spending the last few weeks looking for possible replacements. No deal has been made yet for Kirsten Dunst, but DHD insists the studio won't recast the role of Mary Jane Watson. However, there will be a second female role included this time .

As for the villains, DHD columnist Nikki Finke reports "Sony is taking its time officially hiring the movie's villain since principal photography doesn't start on Spider-Man 4 until next fall because of the recently postponed May 2011 release. I am told, however, that 'once you find out who the villain is, you'll know who's playing it.' That should lead to speculation that Dylan Baker's character of Dr. Curt Connors will ultimately turn into The Lizard as he did in the comic books." DHD adds that Daniel Gillies, who portrayed John (the future Man-Wolf) Jameson in Spider-Man 2, might also be a contender.

The site adds that the next Spidey sequels won't be as dark as Spider-Man 3 or The Dark Knight. "Peter Parker has no dark side himself. In Spider-Man 3 it was the black costume. Peter Parker's struggle is about sacrifice," DHD's source said.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

End of the Rhodes for Howard
    Cheadle replaces him on Iron Man 2.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, October 14, 2008 - Back when Iron Man came out, Terrence Howard was very excited about the direction his character -- Tony Stark sidekick Jim Rhodes -- would take in the sequel, telling us he was already thinking about how he would play the character in Iron Man 2.

Well it seems all that talk was in vain, with the actor now dropping out of the movie due, according to The Hollywood Reporter, to "financial differences, among other reasons."

Marvel has quickly stepped in, hiring Don Cheadle to replace the departing actor. He's probably most famous for his awful attempts at a cockney accent in the Ocean films, but has serious acting credentials having nabbed an Oscar nomination for Hotel Rwanda.

The role is set to be greatly expanded in Iron Man 2, with all the sequel buzz suggesting [possible spoiler ahead] that Rhodes will become War Machine next time around.

Filming on the sequel will get under way next year.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im excited about Don Cheadle, he's the man! You know with him playing Rhodes, he'll probably get more screen time. Can you say War Machine!

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't picture him as War Machine, I just can't! I think Howard was perfect for the role.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'd like to see a gradual change of pace and have the filmmakers bringing in some more fantastic elements, like Fing Fang Foom. I'd really like to see Iron Man take on a giant dragon. They could even base Foom's movie look off that comic series Favreau started. I think Mandarin and FFF would be a good combination. It'll also be interesting to see how Tony's revelation affects his every day life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Raimi Talks Spidey Sequels
    Director spills some beans on films 4 and 5.
    by Jim Vejvoda

October 16, 2008 - Although she recently expressed interest in reprising her role as Mary Jane Watson, it sounds like Kirsten Dunst isn't such a sure thing for the next two Spider-Man sequels, at least given the language of director Sam Raimi's most recent statements on the matter.

Raimi told MTV that he'd "love to work with (Dunst) again" but added "I hope she'll be written into it. I couldn't imagine making one without her, and I think she's an important part of the movies."

"I don't have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I'm guessing," the director explained. "It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place." He added that no decision has been made yet about shooting Spider-Man 4 and 5 back-to-back, and stressed that studio boss Amy Pascal would make the final decision regarding the shooting schedule.

Raimi was coy about whether Dylan Baker, who has appeared in the last three installments as Dr. Curt Connors, would finally appear as the villainous Lizard. Raimi said that they "just don't know who the villain is yet," but suggested that the storylines for the fourth and fifth films would most likely be intertwined.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i like spiderman 3 mostly except that they turned my favorite brain-eating, superhero stomping, protector of the innocent: venom Into a pansy
    I hope they replace toby and do a 3 film clone saga epic

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Default spiderman 4 should be a clone saga starter!

ok so i think that the 4th spiderman film should replace toby w/ a younger actor and begin a 3 film clone saga epic! (im one of the only ppl on the planet who LOVES the clone saga and think ben reilly shouldnt have died)
    thoughts? comments?
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Flagg - I'm going to merge this with the Spiderman discussion thread, since that's the official thread for Spidey movies.

And I have to disagree with you, I think that Toby should be recast if only to give the movies a sense of continuity (sp?)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Why Did Marvel Recast Rhodes in Iron Man 2?
    Source:Entertainment Weekly November 1, 2008

Why did Marvel Studios recast Col. Jim Rhodes in Iron Man 2? The surprise announcement that Don Cheadle was taking over the role from Terrence Howard in the sequel (and now The Avengers) left many fans wondering what happened. Entertainment Weekly has an article possibly explaining how this came to be:

Hollywood insiders believe the exit stems from Terrence Howard's difficult behavior on the set of Iron Man. But those with intimate knowledge of the situation suggest a far more dramatic backstory: Howard was the first actor signed to the film and, on top of that, was the highest-paid. That's right: more than Gwyneth Paltrow. More than Jeff Bridges. More than Robert Downey Jr. And once the project fully came together, it was too late to renegotiate his deal. It didn't help that, according to one source, Favreau and his producers were ultimately unhappy with Howard's performance, and spent a lot of time cutting and reshooting his scenes. (Favreau could not be reached for comment, while Howard's publicist says: ''Terrence had a tremendous experience working on Iron Man.'')

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Regardless of difficulties, pay, etc, Howard should've been kept on.

There isn't much worse that can happen to a movie, especially a franchise with the potential that the first Iron Man gave, than recasting for a sequel.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i just finished watching Iron Man
    Spoiler:
    I also read that War Machine will be in it. Isn't War Machine Rhodes, and he fills in for what's-his-face when he goes all emo/depressed/alchaholic?

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ideally, if they do it right, that will be the story, razz.

Stark's alcoholism gets the better of him and he can no longer be Iron Man. Rhodes takes over as War Machine. Then, in the third movie, Rhodes is out of control, Iron Man has to fight his alcoholism and become Iron Man all over again to stop Rhodes.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i didn't really like Howard's portrayal of Rhodes tho in Iron Man... and I don't think he could really do War Machine justice... i hate when movies change actors mid-sequel, but i have to agree with them on this one.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I thought he did a great job as Rhodes. Despite whatever might or might not have happened behind the scenes, I think Howard and Downey Jr. had great onscreen chemistry - they really did act like long time friends.

Country
    Country Flag

i just didn't get leader of the air force thing from him... he and downey jr. were good together, but that lil soft voice and he just acted like a bitch to me.. *shrug*

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, he sounds like a bitch, Don Cheadle looks like a little bitch, so it all cancels each other out!

Country
    Country Flag

did you see Traitor? or whatever his newest movie was?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

ron Man 2 Script Update
    Scribe on replacing Howard and The Avengers.
    by Orlando Parfitt, IGN UK

UK, November 24, 2008 - Tropic Thunder scribe Justin Theroux is one of the writers to have joined the Iron Man 2 writing team, and he spoke about the superhero sequel to UGO.com.

Apparently the first draft of the script is already done, with Theroux and his fellow scribes discussing further ideas.

"I just got back from London where I was working with [Iron Man star] Robert [Downey Jr.] and [producer] Kevin Feige," he explained. "We were talking with Robert, who's out there doing Sherlock Holmes, he was giving his input and his notes. We're sort of there. It's just sort of chugging along."

He also said they hadn't re-written the role of War Machine in response to Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard as Jim Rhodes, contrary to speculation. "No, that's all nonsense," he said. "We're writing the thing, virtually the same for Rhodey that we would for any actor. We're really taking what's going to be the most interesting story for the fans, and what are they going to enjoy watching."

Justin Theroux says the script hasn't been radically altered since Terrence Howard was replaced.

They also apparently haven't been making too many provisions for the future Avengers movie: "It is the Marvel universe, but... they haven't given us any instruction as far as 'we want you to do this or we want you to do that.'

"I think once we're sort of locked on that we'll be able to think about how we can thread things through. There's a couple little things that we've been working on, but it's not that we've been taking meetings with Avengers people."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like Howard (thought he was great in Hustle & Flow) as an actor. I was kind of bummed to hear he would not be coming back for the sequel.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheadle On Stepping Into Iron Man 2
    The actor talks about replacing Terrence Howard and the introduction of War Machine.
    by Cindy White

December 16, 2008 - There was at least one good thing to come out of the high profile dismissal of actor Terrence Howard from the sequel to last year's blockbuster hit Iron Man -- the news that Don Cheadle would be taking over the part of Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. The Oscar winning actor's resume boast an impressive variety of roles, from serious dramas like Crash, Hotel Rwanda and Traffic to more lighthearted fare like Ocean's Eleven and its two sequels. And while we were disappointed to hear that Howard would not return for Iron Man 2, we think Cheadle could do a lot with the role of Tony Stark's confidant and the man destined to wear the War Machine armor.

Cheadle recently spoke with IGN about taking over the role, how he felt about replacing his friend and what we might expect from the character in the next film.

IGN: How did you get involved with Iron Man 2?

Cheadle: I got a phone call from my agent saying they were offering me the part. That was kind of it. It happened very fast, and I had a very short time to answer. Literally, overnight. I was unaware of what was happening with Terrence. And when they called me I asked what was going on with Terrence. I've worked with Terrence, I've known Terrence for a long time. And they said they were moving away from him. So it's not like I was taking Terrence's job, because the job was already gone. Someone else was going to do the part. I don't know who the next person in line was, but that's who they were going to. And I literally had a few hours to accept the job or not.

IGN: How much can you reveal about the story?

Cheadle: I can't reveal anything because I've seen nothing. I have no idea. There's no script yet. All I know is as much as you know, that Rhodey looked at that suit and said, 'Next time.' So I imagine I'm going to be in a suit.

IGN: Did they explain whether they're expanding the role in the next film?

Cheadle: Not in any sort of detail. I mean, I think the part will be bigger, obviously. I mean, in the comic book, if you just read the comic books, you know that character becomes pretty instrumental in Iron Man's life, so it's not a sidebar character. It's kind of integral to the story.

IGN: Are you excited?

Cheadle: My kids are excited. I mean, it's great. It's a great opportunity. I'm glad to be a part of something like that. I tend to try and keep my excitement and all of that stuff at a level which has helped me survive 25 years in the business. I've been in movies and haven't made the cut and I've been on the set of movies and somebody's come up and gone, "Ah, we're not making the movie anymore." So I wait until it's done and it's shot and then it comes out and people see it and I can go, "Yeah, I'm in that movie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast